Preview Semi Final v Bulldogs @ The Gabba, Saturday 4th September 2021, 7.20pm.

Finals destiny?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all Cocky saw last week was McStays blood on his hands.(Knee) Must of been bad for him.
Need to work on the ball going in better.
For some reason I think we can win now.. been 50-50 all week
Happy with Dev in

Hope Tommy has a great game 3 goals..
You say late in Lester for either Andrews or Gardiner.

Just to clarify tho, that impact may well have hampered Nakia too, as well as the trauma of it. Dan does have a very robust skull.

He played a couple of good games since coming in. Before last week we were averaging well over 100 so we seem to be scoring pretty well with him in the team.

Was better than Cockatoo last week and about as good as Linc
So because we have scored over 100 against some s**t sides we should not look to improve it? Yeah Linc has about 5 million runs on the board so that’s just ridiculous. Ok- Cockatoo has been better than him every other game they have played together so what’s that say. What are these good games you speak of? and remember you said good. Not hating on the bloke- he is not up to it esp finals.

So because we have scored over 100 against some sh*t sides we should not look to improve it? Yeah Linc has about 5 million runs on the board so that’s just ridiculous. Ok- Cockatoo has been better than him every other game they have played together so what’s that say. What are these good games you speak of? and remember you said good. Not hating on the bloke- he is not up to it esp finals.
Apart from his last two games I thought he'd been quite good since returning to the side.

So because we have scored over 100 against some sh*t sides we should not look to improve it? Yeah Linc has about 5 million runs on the board so that’s just ridiculous. Ok- Cockatoo has been better than him every other game they have played together so what’s that say. What are these good games you speak of? and remember you said good. Not hating on the bloke- he is not up to it esp finals.

Gold Coast and Hawthorn were pretty good

You don't think the coaches would select someone other than Fullarton if they thought it would improve our performance?

Watching AFL Tonight on delay. Wow, bit of a Doggies focus lol, and then switching around when they talk about us with the narrative that we have only won one final in recent times.

To be fair that one final was against a Richmond side considered undefeatable, which did go on to win the flag.

Before last weekend, the previous Bulldogs finals win was 2016 wasn't it?

I guess you can spin a story however you want.

Making the Grand Final is a pretty big thing. Regardless if you win it or not. Your posts are very caustic towards Fullarton, unnecessarily so.
Not really interested in being runners up in a Grand Final.

Being runners up in a grand final is more than we've done for almost 20 years.

Gold Coast and Hawthorn were pretty good

You don't think the coaches would select someone other than Fullarton if they thought it would improve our performance?
6 weeks ago for a ‘pretty’ good game.
What a stupid argument- of course they would- we might as well shut all discussion about selection if that’s the measure. Thought this was about opinions? He barely provides a contest, doesn’t have the core strength to hold his ground and gets pushed out of the contest way to easy. Can barely recall him taking a mark down the line or a contested mark for that matter. I believe frog can provide a contest and add something at ground level along with better ball use. Adds some flexibility to the team ass well.

I hadn't seen that but it certainly is good news!

The Courier Mail has just reported it.

The principal of the Gold Coast school embroiled at the centre of the coronavirus scare has tonight written to parents confirming the family has tested negative to the virus.

The Australian International Islamic College at Carrara was forced into lockdown and staff, teachers and students were ordered to isolate after two students boasted to classmates that they had travelled to Melbourne with their family.

But news the family has tested negative means the Carrara campus will re-open and there is no need for students and staff to isolate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 weeks ago for a ‘pretty’ good game.
What a stupid argument- of course they would- we might as well shut all discussion about selection if that’s the measure. Thought this was about opinions? He barely provides a contest, doesn’t have the core strength to hold his ground and gets pushed out of the contest way to easy. Can barely recall him taking a mark down the line or a contested mark for that matter. I believe frog can provide a contest and add something at ground level along with better ball use. Adds some flexibility to the team ass well.

You can discuss it but it’s a bit OTT to say the coaches aren’t looking to improve.

Good to see that GC family have tested negative. We should have averted a lockdown now, and the game should be all good to go ahead.

Tested negative for now though yeah? They'll remain in lockdown for a couple of weeks getting tested on day 13 & 17?

So that's not going to be a problem.

Still some potential of positives turning up in the next two days from the Truckie who was tested on Aug 28 though?

You can discuss it but it’s a bit OTT to say the coaches aren’t looking to improve.
So you wouldn’t argue against any of those things I have said which are the reasons I don’t believe he is up to it? Your theory is because we score 100 against Collingwood and West Coast we should leave the team as it is? Didn’t say the coaches aren’t looking to improve the team, just made a suggestion I thought would.

I think all Cocky saw last week was McStays blood on his hands.(Knee) Must of been bad for him.
Need to work on the ball going in better.
For some reason I think we can win now.. been 50-50 all week
Happy with Dev in

Hope Tommy has a great game 3 goals..
You say late in Lester for either Andrews or Gardiner.
[/QUOT
Just to clarify tho, that impact may well have hampered Nakia too, as well as the trauma of it. Dan does have a very robust skull.
Zorko did say during the week that cocky was absolutely devastated by what happened! Said it took a few days to get back to his usual self with a big smile in his face!

Until we see who runs out on Saturday night and where they line up it's a bit pointless trying to work out whether we've stuffed up or not. Plus there's about 6 guys including the emergencies where we have no real read on fitness, except of course what we saw last week.

So I'm melting slowly antarctic style ,plenty of time to pull myself together if we're all good to go somewhere near the way I'd like to see us line up on the night.

Fullarton seems to be copping the brunt. Not sure he was any worse than 4 or 5 others last week.

It's not his fault if he keeps getting picked . He'll go a lot better against the Dogs than the Demons imo ,especially at the Gabba. Not that he's any better than Ballenden, which he isn't ,nor that what he does will make much difference to us this week. We need the real Zorko and Lyons to front up and Andrews to be what he can be. There's about 6 goals difference there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back