2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 19 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

On the SANFL website this arvo:

PORT

Port Adelaide will field a strengthened side to host Glenelg at Alberton Oval.

As many as six AFL-listed players have been included, headed by SANFL debutant Mitch Georgiades, who will put his hamstring to the test.

Lachie Jones, Tyson Goldsack, Jarrod Lienert, Hamish Hartlett and Jackson Mead have also been called upon.

This has squeezed Miller Carter, Oliver Cheesman, Dylan Aldridge and Jack Strange out of the Magpies’ squad.

League

F: Georgiades, Lord, McEntee
HF: Williams, Sutcliffe, Woodcock
C: Mead, Hartlett, Frederick
HB: Goldsack, Garner, Lienert
B: Pasini, Clurey, Jones

R: Hayes, Mayes, Powell-Pepper
INT: Weidemann, Wildman, Moore, Westbrook, Butcher, Corcoran

IN: Jones, Lienert, Hartlett, Goldsack, Mead, Georgiades
OUT: Carter, Cheesman, Aldridge, Strange

Kane is weird. Says "our bays" but loves wearing the Prison Bars and has played 300 games for Port Adelaide.
When I played for a higher grade club, I’d still identify as my lower grade club at times, and if they’d ever played each other I’d definitely be supporting my junior club. So it kind of makes sense.

It did happen with 2 of my clubs, but ‘before my time’. One of the biggest giant killings in Welsh rugby 💪🏽.
St.Peters are my local and junior club (equivalent of someone like Athelstone), Cardiff are the equivalent of Port in the AFL.

AFL 22 + 16 = 38. 11 played AFL in 2021 5 didn't

Injuries Rockliff retired, Farrell ACL reco, Burgoyne hammy season, Schofield hammy season, Goldsack
2 bolded played AFL in 2021.

So the coverage for any injury for a PF or GF from the 11 above who have played AFL.

KPF............... - Georgiades
Small forward - Woodcock, Williams, McEntee
Mid field.......... - SPP, Mayes,
small defender - Hartlett, Jones, Frederick
KPD................ - Clurey, Lienert

We have good contingency. Sometimes early and mid season injuries can be a blessing in disguise. That is a good mixture of competent to great reserves. Probably 3 of those players would be first choice for other sides playing this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Initial Maggies Side: (2 players to drop out)
IN: Georgiades, Lienert, Mayes, Hartlett, Jones, Goldsack
OUT: Cheesman, Aldridge, Strange, Carter

F: Lord - Georgiades - Williams
HF: Hartlett - Weidemann - Garner
C: Mead - Mayes - Woodcock
HB: Frederick - Pasini - Jones
B: Corcoran - Clurey - Lienert
R: Hayes - Sutcliffe (C) - Powell-Pepper
INT FROM: McEntee - Westbrook - Wildman - Moore - Goldsack - Butcher
Hahahahaha what a side! We're going to win. Going to be epic lol's when we screw their unbeaten year.

Hahahahaha what a side! We're going to win. Going to be epic lol's when we screw their unbeaten year.
Was thinking that is probably the strongest Maggies side we have put together since 2019, and its good enough to knock them off and the whinging will begin and some new SANFL rule change will occur.

It's a shame we couldn't get a side like this on the park all season. No Rockliff, Farrell, Schofield and Burgoyne either.

I so want Port to be the one to turn over their little bay wagon

Was thinking that is probably the strongest Maggies side we have put together since 2019, and its good enough to knock them off and the whinging will begin and some new SANFL rule change will occur.

They will bring in the son-father rule where the marquee player has to be the father of a player who played 100 games for the club.

Consider also that this will be the last chance for players to either be considered for this years AFL finals or at least to keep their spot in the AFL squad next year and we could see an absolute bollocking of the Bays.

That midfield, seriously.

Hayes, Hartlett, Powell Pepper and Mayes. That's an epic SANFL midfield. Best ruck in the comp, and probably as good of a midfield 3 as anyone has.

Then that backline, Clurey, Goldsack, Lienert, Garner, Jones and Frederick is the sort of backline that can win games on their own.

There's a slight chink in that lineup up forward. Georgiadies, Woodcock, McEntee, Sutcliffe, Williams is still dangerous as hell though. Lord probably the only glaring weakness, he's coming along ok, but not quite up to it just yet. If Butcher plays though, wowza.

League

F: Georgiades, Lord, McEntee
HF: Williams, Sutcliffe, Woodcock
C: Mead, Hartlett, Frederick
HB: Goldsack, Garner, Lienert
B: Pasini, Clurey, Jones

R: Hayes, Mayes, Powell-Pepper
INT: Weidemann, Wildman, Moore, Westbrook, Butcher, Corcoran

IN: Jones, Lienert, Hartlett, Goldsack, Mead, Georgiades
OUT: Carter, Cheesman, Aldridge, Strange

Going to be entertaining viewing thats for sure.

Last edited:
Be careful.
We have had what I felt were some crap sides this season, and done eell.
Some ripper teams early before injuries cruelled us, and we played like numpties.
The names mean diddly squat.
It's the intent and effort that wins matches.
Hopefully we go full throttle and emerge victorious - and injure half a dozen Bays players into the bargain!

Be careful.
We have had what I felt were some crap sides this season, and done eell.
Some ripper teams early before injuries cruelled us, and we played like numpties.
The names mean diddly squat.
It's the intent and effort that wins matches.
Hopefully we go full throttle and emerge victorious - and injure half a dozen Bays players into the bargain!
Agreed, if the intent isn't there this week though, with the momentum we have at AFL level, and the greater stakes on offer then I'd be shocked/disappointed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back