Podcast Podcast Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me know if you’d like a photo of me having a beer watching highlights of the 96 GF.

Could you come on and describe the beer and the moment to us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could you come on and describe the beer and the moment to us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm clearly off on a tangent here, but its Bigfooty so that's ok... I think it's time to resurrect Courage beer. Still one of the all-time great sponsorship/slogan tie-ins "North Have Courage". The only downside is that I recall Old Man Frankieton telling me that the beer wasn't the best. Yes, I am a bit bored and have too much time on my hands but that notwithstanding lets imagine Colonial Brewing get the rights to the Courage Beer name and put some decent quality beer into it. We rock up to Arden St and get to have a nice cold beer as we watch the footy with a nice big NORTH HAVE COURAGE sign on the fence.

I'm clearly off on a tangent here, but its Bigfooty so that's ok... I think it's time to resurrect Courage beer. Still one of the all-time great sponsorship/slogan tie-ins "North Have Courage". The only downside is that I recall Old Man Frankieton telling me that the beer wasn't the best. Yes, I am a bit bored and have too much time on my hands but that notwithstanding lets imagine Colonial Brewing get the rights to the Courage Beer name and put some decent quality beer into it. We rock up to Arden St and get to have a nice cold beer as we watch the footy with a nice big NORTH HAVE COURAGE sign on the fence.
I endorse this

Dreadful stuff. Quite possibly the worst beer ever brewed. But the club had a fantastic deal with them. I got married in the Social Club in 1979 and the deal was they served CUB beer. They did, but in Courage branded jugs. Robbie Smith (RIP) hated the stuff too but the sponsorship was one of the best of that era.

Dreadful stuff. Quite possibly the worst beer ever brewed. But the club had a fantastic deal with them. I got married in the Social Club in 1979 and the deal was they served CUB beer. They did, but in Courage branded jugs. Robbie Smith (RIP) hated the stuff too but the sponsorship was one of the best of that era.
Yep, I think my old man said it gave him a headache but that may have been intake related (there was a bit to celebrate back then).

Yep, I think my old man said it gave him a headache but that may have been intake related (there was a bit to celebrate back then).
That was the common complaint. Could have just a couple and get a headache - your dad is right. Plus it was in the days when a Victorian would never drink anything other than CUB, especially anything brewed in another state. Courage thought they would break into the Vic market being locally based and locally brewed (Broadmeadows) but they made one mistake. The beer was 5hit. Clubs and pubs that gave Courage pouring rights struggled big time.

With our new Colonial beer sponsor they have changed the slogan to "North will occupy and control foreign lands".
Probably won't go down to well in Tassie...

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back