Health Depression

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears, Perth Scorchers
I reckon sit down with em, if they think you don't care you need to express how they've bee passive-aggressive as you see it for the last year

After all that went on with me I know it's really nothing. I have depression and anxiety for over 20 years and the meds do next to nothing.

There are people in this thread who have it far worse than me. How I handle my situation I will give it time. My advice to anyone else would be if you have a conflict, don't deal with it straight away, give it a few days. When everyone is fired up you get nowhere (my experience).

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
After all that went on with me I know it's really nothing. I have depression and anxiety for over 20 years and the meds do next to nothing.

There are people in this thread who have it far worse than me. How I handle my situation I will give it time. My advice to anyone else would be if you have a conflict, don't deal with it straight away, give it a few days. When everyone is fired up you get nowhere (my experience).
PArtially the reason I never talk in threads like this, it's insulting to the people that have it worse than me when I come with tiny problems

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
PArtially the reason I never talk in threads like this, it's insulting to the people that have it worse than me when I come with tiny problems

Everyone takes things diffrently. Whether it be meds, conflict or whatever. Mine is so pathetic, but I just do things to make my Mum happy.

Can't wait for my next psychiatrist appointment next month. He has previously said that family conflict it so common. it's almost normal.

When I though about that, it is true. I'm hard to find anyone I know who doesn't have family problems.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I've stopped taking medication due to a bad reaction and have been experiencing reduced energy again, obsessive thoughts, some lower mood. Mostly it's the lower energy that is bothering me because I can't get through my tasks, and function properly, or work on myself.

There are a few things I have been trying to do to treat myself naturally until I see the psychiatrist again, such as cold showers, daily jogging, playing my musical instrument. I'm really only good for one or two efforts a day, and I'm reasonably happy with that atm.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I've stopped taking medication due to a bad reaction and have been experiencing reduced energy again, obsessive thoughts, some lower mood. Mostly it's the lower energy that is bothering me because I can't get through my tasks, and function properly, or work on myself.

There are a few things I have been trying to do to treat myself naturally until I see the psychiatrist again, such as cold showers, daily jogging, playing my musical instrument. I'm really only good for one or two efforts a day, and I'm reasonably happy with that atm.

If lower energy is your issue first and foremost, I really do recommend acupuncture treatment to see if that can get you over the hump. Seen many people have success with it when this becomes a primary issue. Acupuncture treatments can aim at trying to create a deeper sleep pattern which helps with energy for sure

Back up again, I really need to explore the possibility of bi-polar. Having said that, a friend sat down with me and we established a pattern of when I hit the bottom, lining up with any time I work long days when I have to find care for my daughter, so the last two weeks I simply blocked out these days almost completely and I feel a lot better. I plan to keep this going until full time school next year. I’m hopeful again 😅

Also, took a break from my volunteer role (cricket club treasurer) but I’m back to it, it is something that gives me pride when I’m at my best and something I didn’t want to give up on. And I want my daughter to be a part of the club environment, we have many young families so I like her to mix but also to see me mixing. Really, I just want to be a great example

Last edited:
Feel depressed as a dog today 👎
Hope you feel better or getting better.

Ive had days where I feel "literally" paralyzed and cant move.

My best suggestion is to try and engage in any activity that makes you happy. With the caveat that it is safe.

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hope you feel better or getting better.

Ive had days where I feel "literally" paralyzed and cant move.

My best suggestion is to try and engage in any activity that makes you happy. With the caveat that it is safe.

I get the same, people think you are lazy, but not true. It's just that every little thing is such an effort.

This is just another youtube video, but it tells you something. When I get the vibe I am lazy from others it makes it so much worse:

I get the same, people think you are lazy, but not true. It's just that every little thing is such an effort.

This is just another youtube video, but it tells you something. When I get the vibe I am lazy from others it makes it so much worse:

I actually do understand and even respect those that some people think youre lazy.

For someone who has little or no knowledge of depression its easy to see how someone can arrive at the conclusion that you are lazy. However, that is the way to not be bothered by their thoughts/opinions as they simply cannot comprehend the gravity of how depression may work at times.

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I actually do understand and even respect those that some people think youre lazy.

For someone who has little or no knowledge of depression its easy to see how someone can arrive at the conclusion that you are lazy. However, that is the way to not be bothered by their thoughts/opinions as they simply cannot comprehend the gravity of how depression may work at times.

Yeah, you can't really knock them for stuff they just don't know. But the insinuation just rips me apart.

Yeah, you can't really knock them for stuff they just don't know. But the insinuation just rips me apart.
Yes. I do get that, which is why I dont share times that I am depressed with those that cannot understand or fathom the concept.

Reach out to your GP and they'll put you in touch with a psychologist. It may seem like a big step, or a pointless action, but it's a small seed from which a happier version of you will grow.
Great response.

Yes, correct this should definitely be right at the top of any list in terms of treating or getting over depression.

GP/Psychologist have the skills and training to deal with, importantly the poster should note that not every GP/Psychologist is a good fit and its worth exploring others till you find a pair that you are comfortable with.

Reach out to your GP and they'll put you in touch with a psychologist. It may seem like a big step, or a pointless action, but it's a small seed from which a happier version of you will grow.
Seen a psych, absolutely useless, everyone tells you just do things that make you happy but nothing does anymore. Like I said I’ve been dealing with this for 30 years, I’m tired of the battle

Seen a psych, absolutely useless, everyone tells you just do things that make you happy but nothing does anymore. Like I said I’ve been dealing with this for 30 years, I’m tired of the battle
I presume you live in Mannum? So there is a limited number of psychologists available.

Have you tried maybe an online physiologist instead?

In the last 30 years, aside from sleeping has there been a single moment (activity) that gave you even briefly some happiness or at least gave you peace and comfort? Anything?

Back