Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Roar Deal interviewed Jake Hanson, who is lions manager of Springfield development.

He said that he'd seen options suggested on bigfoooty re during Olympics development. Lol. Maybe you Springfield conversationalist have contributed something to the development.

So that's how they found out about the spider.

Poor little guy.

If you are looking for some out of the box listening material in the lull between the footy season and trade week/draft time, could be worth catching up on Brownys Podcast with Jonathan and Campbell being ridiculously loose. Definitely no holds barred and bit of listener discretion required but I had a few laughs. Mitch Robinsons interview last week was fun too - apparently he got JB to skoll a beer on face time for the Lions boys during Mad Monday... at 10am. Oh, and strong language warning!

If you are looking for some out of the box listening material in the lull between the footy season and trade week/draft time, could be worth catching up on Brownys Podcast with Jonathan and Campbell being ridiculously loose. Definitely no holds barred and bit of listener discretion required but I had a few laughs. Mitch Robinsons interview last week was fun too - apparently he got JB to skoll a beer on face time for the Lions boys during Mad Monday... at 10am. Oh, and strong language warning!

never listened to a podcast. where d0 I find it?

Probably the best article on the role of winger I've read recently. Really important role that takes a special kind of team-first player.

Anybody know what happened to the Brisbane Lions Supporters Podcast? Enjoyed having a listen each week then it disappeared last season, hope the two guys that were running it are doing alright.

Anybody know what happened to the Brisbane Lions Supporters Podcast? Enjoyed having a listen each week then it disappeared last season, hope the two guys that were running it are doing alright.

Mooch didn't you used to do it?

Pretty sure they said on one of them that they weren't continuing it. just didn't have the time etc.

Pretty sure they said on one of them that they weren't continuing it. just didn't have the time etc.

Think they put out a tweet at the start of the 2021 season saying it wouldn't continue. Was always an enjoyable listen but recording and producing a half hour show on the team every week is a big ask, so totally get focusing on other things in your life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mooch didn't you used to do it?
Yeah RU_ ran it with Patfulnkez (I think she has since changed her username) and me, with a guest from the opposition. It was a bit of fun but I think the amount of time required was too much for RU at the time so we never continued.

Some (looks like not all) recordings are at https://soundcloud.com/renderedunsafe

Yeah RU_ ran it with Patfulnkez (I think she has since changed her username) and me, with a guest from the opposition. It was a bit of fun but I think the amount of time required was too much for RU at the time so we never continued.

Some (looks like not all) recordings are at https://soundcloud.com/renderedunsafe
Yeah there was a surprisingly large amount of effort in that haha.

RAYNER, WILMOT, MCCLUGGAGE EARLY STAND OUTS – ZORKO

Brisbane skipper Dayne Zorko says that rising star Cam Rayner is set for a more permanent role in Brisbane’s midfield rotation, with the 22-year-old primed for 2022 after a knee injury last season.

Rayner missed the entire 2021 season after tearing his ACL in a pre-season match in March.

“(Rayner) has slimmed down a lot, from what I’ve seen he hasn’t lost his power,” said Zorko on RSN Breakfast Club.

“(It was) something he needed to do to get into the midfield and spend a lot more time in there.”

Zorko is expecting a strong year from the 2017 #1 pick, who looked prime for a big 2021 after a second Best and Fairest placing in 2020.

“We really missed him last year,” said Zorko.

Star wingman Hugh McCluggage is standing out on the training track according to his captain, his fitness “on a different level” to other players.

Zorko also spoke to Daniel Harford and Adam White about Brisbane’s youth, which had led to high-quality depth at the football club.

The likes of Deven Robertson (16 games played in 2021) and Jaxon Prior (18 games) were highlighted as players making the most out of Brisbane’s injury crisis last season.

Adding to the young brigade are first-round draftees Darcy Wilmot and Kai Lohmann, who have added “spunk and x-factor” to the Lions.

Wilmot in particular has turned heads at Brisbane, with the youngest player in the 2021 draft having already made headlines following a priceless post-draft interview.

I can’t remember a first-year player ever getting up in front of a group in his first session and talking, but Darcy did that straight away,” said Zorko.
“It sort of raises a few eyebrows…but that’s just him.”

Wilmot was drafted from the Northern Knights at Pick 16, and will likely be used across half back as a running playmaker and interceptor.

Zorko says he won’t be surprised if Wilmot and Lohmann, as well as later pick James Tunstill, get an introduction to AFL football early in the season.

“We got extremely lucky in the draft this year, from what I’ve seen,” said Zorko.

“We’ve taken players in the past that have been a bit within themselves, whereas these guys have come in and gone bang straight away.”

“(They) have done a few things on the field that make me feel really old.”

RAYNER, WILMOT, MCCLUGGAGE EARLY STAND OUTS – ZORKO

Brisbane skipper Dayne Zorko says that rising star Cam Rayner is set for a more permanent role in Brisbane’s midfield rotation, with the 22-year-old primed for 2022 after a knee injury last season.

Rayner missed the entire 2021 season after tearing his ACL in a pre-season match in March.

“(Rayner) has slimmed down a lot, from what I’ve seen he hasn’t lost his power,” said Zorko on RSN Breakfast Club.

“(It was) something he needed to do to get into the midfield and spend a lot more time in there.”

Zorko is expecting a strong year from the 2017 #1 pick, who looked prime for a big 2021 after a second Best and Fairest placing in 2020.

“We really missed him last year,” said Zorko.

Star wingman Hugh McCluggage is standing out on the training track according to his captain, his fitness “on a different level” to other players.

Zorko also spoke to Daniel Harford and Adam White about Brisbane’s youth, which had led to high-quality depth at the football club.

The likes of Deven Robertson (16 games played in 2021) and Jaxon Prior (18 games) were highlighted as players making the most out of Brisbane’s injury crisis last season.

Adding to the young brigade are first-round draftees Darcy Wilmot and Kai Lohmann, who have added “spunk and x-factor” to the Lions.

Wilmot in particular has turned heads at Brisbane, with the youngest player in the 2021 draft having already made headlines following a priceless post-draft interview.

I can’t remember a first-year player ever getting up in front of a group in his first session and talking, but Darcy did that straight away,” said Zorko.
“It sort of raises a few eyebrows…but that’s just him.”

Wilmot was drafted from the Northern Knights at Pick 16, and will likely be used across half back as a running playmaker and interceptor.

Zorko says he won’t be surprised if Wilmot and Lohmann, as well as later pick James Tunstill, get an introduction to AFL football early in the season.

“We got extremely lucky in the draft this year, from what I’ve seen,” said Zorko.

“We’ve taken players in the past that have been a bit within themselves, whereas these guys have come in and gone bang straight away.”

“(They) have done a few things on the field that make me feel really old.”
Mitch Robertson mentioned something similar about Wilmot and Lohmann in his podcast today.

Mendacious prat.

I thought it was a pretty reasonable conclusion though played up a bit. I'm sure there wasn't a secret deal or anything but a little possible plan to extend if year 1 goes well wouldn't have been too sneaky. 3 year deal for an AA level key forward did seem slightly odd at the time and to be honest I thought it was good risk management and strategy by the Lions (within the rules) to offer a shorter contract that also meant we got Joe without having to stump up at the trade table. But also Barrett definitely has prat attributes!!

We have set up forward contacts for a lot of players - signing early is a lions thing.

Reports say Joe wanted five years but maybe we thought we'd wait and see how he fits. Bringing in a big forward changes the mix and noone knows upfront how it will work out

Joe came, played, loved it and wants to stay and we decided he fits in with the squad well so we offered and he accepted.

Off season story.

Joe might of wanted 5 years.. Lions said no
if Joe played 3 games last year and we gave a extra be a bit suss
He played all games then we gave a extra as he really wanted more to start with seems fair
Really do not see the story value

the free agency thing is some secret herbs and spices.
Lots of weird things get done with contracts and sometimes it bites you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back