Autopsy AFL 2021 Second Semi Final - Cats v Giants Fri September 3rd 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In any other sport across the world the commentators know the players. Even when there are way more than the number the AFL have. I’m from Scotland and if any soccer or rugby commentator made the mistakes that are commonplace here they’d never be heard of again.

The fact that complete incompetence in the commentary box is acceptable is amazing to me. There are people being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars each year who are terrible at their job.
100% mate I am very confused how these guys keep their jobs. I can only think that channel 7 values entertainers over quality.

Given how Geelong have invested in the now and traded out so many 1st round picks for old players, anything short of a premiership this year or next will be a massive failure.
Well it's gonna be a massive failure, but they are hard to win and you have to take risks to get there, so I am not gonna hate on them for pulling the trigger.

Chris Scott being a flog in the presser, as usual.

Was it Richmond when we kickstarted our time at the top with a 27 goal win? Was that who it was?
I for one am struggling with it. Beating Geelong in finals on the way to our last four flags just doesn’t seem to square the ledger of a heavy H&A defeat of the spooners by the premiers (who’d have thunk it).

Maybe, just maybe, if I count beating Geelong in finals on our way to flags in ‘67 and ‘69 it balances out.

I for one am struggling with it. Beating Geelong in finals on the way to our last four flags just doesn’t seem to square the ledger of a heavy H&A defeat of the spooners by the premiers (who’d have thunk it).

Maybe, just maybe, if I count beating Geelong in finals on our way to flags in ‘67 and ‘69 it balances out.

Who the f*** cares right at the moment? Are the tigers going to spring out of the Optus turf next week and be there this time around?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott being a flog in the presser, as usual.
I thought he answered that ridiculous question as well as any one would. Fair dinkum, “Chris have you given any thought how GWS would have played if they had Jeremy Cameron tonight?” I’m surprised he didn’t tell the ‘journalist’ to * off. It was one of the stupidest questions

it Wasn’t me mentioning ‘the game that mattered’ mate
Maaaaate… if my club had the record of your club in ‘the game(s) that mattered’ that your club does have against my club in ‘the game(s) that mattered’ I wouldn’t mention it either.

Second most amount of games into young players in the comp… and they all showed promise. Future looking goo. And don’t forget…..

We have pick 2. Thanks Eddie!!!

Well done Cats. Too bad we couldn't give you more trouble.

I think they are a chance next week. They will need to be running on all 8 cylinders to run over the mighty Dees, and maybe they will be.
GWS early in the last quarter I thought oh oh deja vu. Greens x 2 would have made it interesting.

Maaaaate… if my club had the record of your club in ‘the game(s) that mattered’ that your club does have against my club in ‘the game(s) that mattered’ I wouldn’t mention it either.

Winning finals when you’re ‘up’ against a particular opponent who also has to be good to get there doesn’t somehow negate nearly 40 years of basically being not good enough to earn a crack at us when we made finals for fun.

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest if Richmond were scraping into 3-4th spot from 07-11 I’d say they’d have been pretty comfortably held in ‘games that mattered’

Second most amount of games into young players in the comp… and they all showed promise. Future looking goo. And don’t forget…..

We have pick 2. Thanks Eddie!!!
Do GWS want more promising kids? Their list is pretty good. I wonder if pick 2 would be better trading for an established star rather to try and capitalise on Greene, Kelly, Hopper, Taranto, Whitfield, etc.

Geelong doesn't scare me next week. At all. What does scare me is the umps that literally tried to gift the game to geelong a couple of weeks ago. 2 hours of terrible one way calls including 2 horrendous deliberate decisions against Oliver and Brayshaw as well as about three 8m passes to and from Hawkins getting called 15m.
The umpires are the only way we lose this game unless we kick 8.17 or something.

Back