MRP / Trib. Joel Selwood....again

azyboy

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Redman got 1 week for a dangerous tackle on Bont who got up and took his kick. Tribunal lowered it to a fine.

Hawkins drove the head in to the ground. It was clearly dangerous and unlike the panel view was clearly different to the tackle on Duncan in R10.
Act itself doesn’t deserve a week - he dived to tackle him and was air born. Not his fault he weighs 110 kegs. I mean, do we suspend every football act that ends in a concussion?
Thought it was a good effort by Tom at that stage of the game to be honest.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind him resting up pre-finals. And let’s be honest, his record won’t do him any favours.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Act itself doesn’t deserve a week - he dived to tackle him and was air born. Not his fault he weighs 110 kegs. I mean, do we suspend every football act that ends in a concussion?
Thought it was a good effort by Tom at that stage of the game to be honest.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind him resting up pre-finals. And let’s be honest, his record won’t do him any favours.

He pinned both arms and drove him forward. That has been dangerous for years. The contentious one was when a player had 1 or 2 arms free and got injured.

If the AFL is serious its 2 weeks for High or 3 weeks for Severe.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
People here have memories like goldfish.

Was that 2012? And your saying goldfish memories when he’s had a series of questionable acts since then. Interesting.

mrposhman

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Surprised no Pies are in here after the Mihocek suspension this week and the lack of a suspension to Selwood. I thought Selwoods was moredangerous personally. Taylor was in a more vulnerable position when bumped high, but as it is with Selwood he gets the "good guy" discount for being an outright sniper on the field.

Even just this and last season.

Tom Lynch rubs Alex Witherdens head into the ground - executed by the media
Joel Selwood does it in the grand final to Liam Baker - Selwood fighting to the end

Selwood rakes someones eyes earlier this year - Give him a fine
Andrew Brayshaw does the same thing - 1 week suspension

Selwood bumps Taylor high - was never looking to play the ball, only to bump the head - A fine will do
Mihocek accidentally bumps Fullarton - 1 week suspension

So many hypocritical decisions made regarding Geelong.

Yet all we'll hear is, no they don't treat Geelong differently, Selwood got a week in 2012, and Hawkins got a week for a jumper punch (all several years ago). SHocking seems to still be making decisions at the AFL despite having left.

Aug 27, 2017
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surprised no Pies are in here after the Mihocek suspension this week and the lack of a suspension to Selwood. I thought Selwoods was moredangerous personally. Taylor was in a more vulnerable position when bumped high, but as it is with Selwood he gets the "good guy" discount for being an outright sniper on the field.

Joel Selwood does it in the grand final to Liam Baker - Selwood fighting to the end

Selwood bumps Taylor high - was never looking to play the ball, only to bump the head - A fine will do

Yet all we'll hear is, no they don't treat Geelong differently, Selwood got a week in 2012, and Hawkins got a week for a jumper punch (all several years ago). SHocking seems to still be making decisions at the AFL despite having left.
We magpies are used to double standards from the MRP, so no surprise that Mihocek got rubbed out (how many weeks incidentally? Haven't heard but please tell me it wasn't 2+). We're Collingwood and we're always out of favour with the umps and MRP.

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

And.... here we go again.
Selwood chooses to raise a forearm to the throat of a tackler, nothing to see here I'm sure. Just soft tap of course. and brave warrior champion good bloke.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
It can’t be denied that it happened and they’re similar. I’m not sure outcome should be a huge factor - Dangerfield left the field and went to hospital but it proved to be only precautionary (i.e. bruising only, no fracture). He possibly could have played out the game.

It can’t be denied that it happened and they’re similar. I’m not sure outcome should be a huge factor - Dangerfield left the field and went to hospital but it proved to be only precautionary (i.e. bruising only, no fracture). He possibly could have played out the game.
He had swelling and difficulty breathing. But yeah, he could have played out the game LOL

Back