2021/22 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunderland 1 - Wimbledon 0

I fully expected to lose this one and although Sunderland were far from convincing they deserved the win but I am still liking what Wimbledon have put together for 21/22. I'm not convinced that it will gel quick enough to push for promotion but likewise I will be surprised if relegation troubles us this year and that'll be a nice change. After joining League One in 16/17 the Dons have basically finished within a game of relegation every season since and so a mid table finish will do for now... and who knows.

Cracking win over a really good side in Oxford who were in the League One playoffs last season. Bolton still undefeated after 4 and it’s early days but frankly are looking great.
Hasn’t taken long for the big boys to move up to the top of the table in League One; Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Bolton are all up there.
Ipswich languishing, but I think they’ll push up the table soon.
There’s so much energy in the club now after those last 10 years of turmoil. Onwards and upwards.
COYW.

Cracking win over a really good side in Oxford who were in the League One playoffs last season. Bolton still undefeated after 4 and it’s early days but frankly are looking great.
Hasn’t taken long for the big boys to move up to the top of the table in League One; Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Bolton are all up there.
Ipswich languishing, but I think they’ll push up the table soon.
There’s so much energy in the club now after those last 10 years of turmoil. Onwards and upwards.
COYW.

Would love to see Bolton and Portsmouth come back up.

Sunderland 1 - Wimbledon 0

I fully expected to lose this one and although Sunderland were far from convincing they deserved the win but I am still liking what Wimbledon have put together for 21/22. I'm not convinced that it will gel quick enough to push for promotion but likewise I will be surprised if relegation troubles us this year and that'll be a nice change. After joining League One in 16/17 the Dons have basically finished within a game of relegation every season since and so a mid table finish will do for now... and who knows.

For a fan owned club in these economic times, there’s nothing wrong with stabilising as a mid table L1 side

Some clubs are actually better off staying in the lower divisions, as going up to the Championshiop could bankrupt them. Think the Accrington Stanley owner said something of the sort about their club and the running costs in the Championship would not be worth it.

owls going up, this seasons been a blessing for us.
new manager and a chance to rebuild the team, if we would've stayed up chances were we would've held onto some old dead wood.
get us back in the prem where we belong, english football is better for it.

owls going up, this seasons been a blessing for us.
new manager and a chance to rebuild the team, if we would've stayed up chances were we would've held onto some old dead wood.
get us back in the prem where we belong, english football is better for it.

Yep you're basically us 12 months delayed. Going down to L1 can be a good thing if you manage the squad properly. Sunderland are a case study in why it doesn't always work out that way though.

Wycombe get a 94th minute equaliser (from a 21 year old debutante from Gibraltar) then win on penalties and are rewarded with a third round tie away at Man City.

I hope the owners give him a bonus.

Womens team won their mid week game

I've seen in the past the vast differences of skill level at each tier of the pyramid.

We've dominated tiers 5-6 in recent years but couldn't get up (1st up, 2nd stays - We continuely stayed in 2nd)

We were offered a spot in tier 4 for this year. Started poorly losing 6-0 to Newcastle. Then4-2 to Chester-Le-Street Town, however, won 3-1 yesterday over Bradford City.

I'm happy with a consolidation year.
But a win over Leeds United in December will be good :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ipswich 2 - 2 Wimbledon

Wow didn't expect that after going 2 nil down in the second half (the first a penalty to Pigott who has just moved on after four seasons as the Dons main scorer)

I don't care how they do it but Assal, McCormick and Rudoni need to start together

Ipswich 2 - 2 Wimbledon

Wow didn't expect that after going 2 nil down in the second half (the first a penalty to Pigott who has just moved on after four seasons as the Dons main scorer)

I don't care how they do it but Assal, McCormick and Rudoni need to start together
Bit annoying that as soon as Pigott moves on he can finally score pens

How they not only don't have a points deduction, but were allowed to sign players because they had a few injuries (which then directly allowed them to beat us) is scandalous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back