Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Things not lookng good for Shaun. He has been dropped for this weeks game.

Was a brilliant player for us. We maturely traded him out to chase a flag. Now he finds himself not good enough to be in a side that's on the periphery of challenging. I hope Geelong don't win it. But if they do, I'd like Higgo to be in it.

His best games for us were playing as a midfielder but Geelong seem to be playing him as a flanker
He doesn’t deserve the treatment he’s getting at Geelong. He should be starting not hanging around the fringes of the 22 like a bad rash.
Classy player, classy bloke. Echo tazaa sentiments hope he comes back in a development coach capacity or similar for us.
I want Geelong to go out straight sets as a result. Insulting a champion.

Not playing on the ball has killed his game. Just shows that some players as good as they are cannot adjust to different positions. Makes me wonder what story Geelong sold him.
They offered him 2 years whereas we probably would have pushed him into retirement now

Plus the story they would have sold him was to play the Ablett role and have a chance at the flag

He’d be a good chance to come in for Parfitt next week, should be playing ahead of max Holmes also

Classy player, classy bloke. Echo tazaa sentiments hope he comes back in a development coach capacity or similar for us.
I was impressed when he and a few other players would head north in the off-season and do extra training before preseason.
I think he has had a massive input into Jy Simpkin’s really impressive development this year.
Both he and the club handled his move last season with great professionalism.
Would love him back in a coachin/development role.

It’s not right how the cats have treated Higgins.
He’s made out to be some sort of average c grader which he isn’t.
I’m happy if he gives it away and goes into coaching. Bring him home

Incredible that a crab like Dalhaus has been getting games ahead of him at stages this year. Even Zach Guthrie was preferred over him last night.

They said he was managed last night so maybe his body is starting to let him down. He definitely has lost a little bit of top end speed.

Lazz was a good outcome in this trade.

I was impressed when he and a few other players would head north in the off-season and do extra training before preseason.
I think he has had a massive input into Jy Simpkin’s really impressive development this year.
Both he and the club handled his move last season with great professionalism.
Would love him back in a coachin/development role.
Incredible that a crab like Dalhaus has been getting games ahead of him at stages this year. Even Zach Guthrie was preferred over him last night.

They said he was managed last night so maybe his body is starting to let him down. He definitely has lost a little bit of top end speed.

Lazz was a good outcome in this trade.
If he doesnt play next week Id almost get in touch with his management about a potential spot on the rookie list with the idea he helps Patch out with the VFL team in a playing coaching role.

Not playing on the ball has killed his game. Just shows that some players as good as they are cannot adjust to different positions. Makes me wonder what story Geelong sold him.
He kicked 39 goals for us in 2015 playing mainly forward, he is capable not playing on the ball. Unfortunately for him I think it is just that the game has gone past him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Chris Scott continues to coach Geelong for many years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back