Recommitted Josh Schache [contracted and staying at Western Bulldogs]

Will never be the star his draft position suggests he should have been, but he's a capable depth player. Stood up yesterday when needed with a couple of important goals and a clever assist. Players earn respect doing that in a final.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would not have played him if he was not mentally ready in 2 cut throat finals i would not have thought.

Again low bar. Shat himself in crucial moments apart from the Joe the goose goal he got in the last.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very consistently buckles under pressure. I'd say that makes him not mentally strong enough
If he is as bad as that as you say as i said earlier why would the Doggies select him in 2 cut throat finals. I thought supporters should be happy just to see a young bloke on the field playing the game he obviously loves.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If he is as bad as that as you say as i said earlier why would the Doggies select him in 2 cut throat finals. I thought supporters should be happy just to see a young bloke on the field playing the game he obviously loves.

Lack of options

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lack of options
A pretty predictable response.Jamarra could have played English could have played full time forward in stead of rucking as well. There where plenty of other options. There is know way known any team would play a player not mentally fit in a cut throat final. Dunklely forward, i could go on and on but i will just leave it at that.

Setting a very low bar for him. Still clearly isn’t up to AFL level mentally. Probably won’t ever happen. At least you don’t spend pick 2 on him.

fun fact: Schache has played in more winning finals in the past fortnight than any lions player under Fagan after three consecutive top four finishes.

and kicked three times as many goals this September as Joe Daniher.

He's been alright in the second half of the season, might have saved his career.

He’s very clearly depth. And that’s fine, AFL lists aren’t best 22 plus only kids.

he comes in and plays a role and has shown that capability at either end.

bitter lions fans sinking the boots in at every chance is par for the course. There’s a certain key defender for them who gets similar from certain dogs fans.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bulldogs posters by switching the topic it just confirms my opinion.

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bad dropped grab but important last quarter goal. Shut up the haters
Shut the haters? Jesus christ you really are scraping the barrel for that one piece of play of him kicking a goal.

The whole night he had to come off the ground and change his dacks every time. Never seen a player so mentally scared and fragile in the heat of the game.

Back