Analysis 2021 draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I want more class through the midfield/wing so I'm sort of with briztoon , except I want Goater and Wanganeen-Milera at 14 and 18, both are rated around there on draft boards ATM, if not available I like Matthew Johnson, Campbell Chesser, Darcy Wilmot, Sam Banks as alternatives. With Will Ashcroft and Jasper Fletcher coming in 2022 that should set our future midfield up brilliantly.

I also think we shouldn't get welded to a like for like policy/search for Richy, Zorks and Mitch Robbo(Neale/Lyons in the longer term) replacements, game plans can be tweaked to suit the weapons of new players coming in and old going out.

If we decide to go tall Jacob Van Rooyen.

I wouldn’t mind going for a wing. We have Sharp who looks great but I think our on ball brigade looks pretty solid; Lyons and Neale for 2-3 year, Clug, Berry, Bailey, Rayner, Dev, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t mind going for a wing. We have Sharp who looks great but I think our on ball brigade looks pretty solid; Lyons and Neale for 2-3 year, Clug, Berry, Bailey, Rayner, Dev, etc.
Agree which is where Wanganeen-Milera would fit in, have my heart set on him so probably means we don't get him.

Love the idea of us trying Starcevich in the midfield next off season/early in the H&A to see what he offers, was a mid as a junior.

Agree which is where Wanganeen-Milera would fit in, have my heart set on him so probably means we don't get him.

Love the idea of us trying Starcevich in the midfield next off season/early in the H&A to see what he offers, was a mid as a junior.

I like Towmeys write up of Chesser as well. Sounds like a good get if he lasts to our first.

Would be interesting to think about the types of players the teams just before would select. You’d think GWS and Freo would go tall

I want more class through the midfield/wing so I'm sort of with briztoon , except I want Goater and Wanganeen-Milera at 14 and 18, both are rated around there on draft boards ATM, if not available I like Matthew Johnson, Campbell Chesser, Darcy Wilmot, Sam Banks as alternatives. With Will Ashcroft and Jasper Fletcher coming in 2022 that should set our future midfield up brilliantly.

I also think we shouldn't get welded to a like for like policy/search for Richy, Zorks and Mitch Robbo(Neale/Lyons in the longer term) replacements, game plans can be tweaked to suit the weapons of new players coming in and old going out.

If we decide to go tall Jacob Van Rooyen.
I would love both Goater and NWM, but this might be our only chance to draft a KPP in the next couple of drafts, so I’m somewhat torn between desire and pragmatism.

I would love both Goater and NWM, but this might be our only chance to draft a KPP in the next couple of drafts, so I’m somewhat torn between desire and pragmatism.
Do you think there's any possibility of us freeing up three draft spots and making the 2021/22 first round swap with the Bulldogs? Because that would allow us to potentially get all three.

Do you think there's any possibility of us freeing up three draft spots and making the 2021/22 first round swap with the Bulldogs? Because that would allow us to potentially get all three.
Looking at the guys out of contract I think if we really wanted we could clear enough list spots for 3 new draftees without losing much sleep.

Not asking too much out of the draft this year. I hope we keep or improve our 2 first round picks and just get the best talent available in what ever position. If one of them is good to go or gets a sniff early, even better. I'd also like to see young Reville get taken somehow. I'd like to see him in the full time environment, give him the chance to focus.

So it's 2 first round best talent available and Reville and I'm happy.

Not asking too much out of the draft this year. I hope we keep or improve our 2 first round picks and just get the best talent available in what ever position. If one of them is good to go or gets a sniff early, even better. I'd also like to see young Reville get taken somehow. I'd like to see him in the full time environment, give him the chance to focus.

So it's 2 first round best talent available and Reville and I'm happy.
Likely to have only 2 picks unless we use rookie list spots

The problem I see, would be getting enough points in this draft to trade to the Bulldogs, along with be t years first.

Ideally we would need to trade them a late second round pick as well, as a minimum.

Giving them a package of late picks doesn’t work.

And it will be hard, without potentially sacrificing our 2023 first round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back