Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm annoyed too but we never deserved finals this year. Learn the lessons from this year and come back next year and push to be in amongst the top teams.

Titans desperately need the Broncos to beat Cronulla tonight to have any shot of playing finals this year. A Sharks win all but guarantees the Titans won't play finals this year.

Oh man. I wish results would fall our way like they have for the Titans over the last month. Hard to believe a team could go 1-3 in the last month of the season and still qualify for the finals with a win-loss record of 10-14!

Well done, Titans. You won when you needed to and get the reward of another finals appearance. They'll play the 5th placed Roosters next week.

Love the Jayden Campbell story of playing for the same team as his old man Presto. Anyone who lived on the GC 10 or so years ago would know how loved Preston Campbell was and I would guess most of the city would have a soft spot for Jayden.

Just hope we don't get smashed by the Roosters now because that would probably set us back if anything. Great game this weekend though, biggest ever win I believe. Hopefully bringing some good momentum into the finals run!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why TF we have this thread on our board is beyond me
A casual discussion in the members only maybe but an entire thread devoted to a s**t game ?
It makes my skin crawl every time I see it
It's amazing what's "allowed" and what isn't
But it's like covid I don't make the rules
Surely there's a nice League forum somewhere this can be discussed?

A casual discussion in the members only maybe but an entire thread devoted to a sh*t game ?

I want it to be about all things GC including the dream of an BBL, NBL and A-League team it’s not an agenda of pushing along the Titans I promise you.
But they made the 8 despite having a pretty ordinary season so it will have a bit of Titan stuff over the next week or two.
I totally understand why it gives you the poos but it’s really not intended to be NRL it’s meant to be non AFL GC sports.

A casual discussion in the members only maybe but an entire thread devoted to a sh*t game ?

its been here since 2011... why are you complaining now? the great Matchu put it up.... speaking of which... what's happened to him? hasn't been on in a long time

Cause we are for all things Gold Coast! I love my suns and I love my titans, I think it’s great we continue to encourage anything Gold Coast sporting related. 99% of this thread is suns so who cares if 1% is dedicated to the titans and other Gold Coast sporting teams? I think it’s good to encourage discussion about our other teams. We are Gold Coast strong!

I hate the Titans with a passion. But I also respect their part in the greater Gold Coast community and like Boddsy said, the more that can be done to strengthen the Gold Coast sporting culture the better it is for everybody!

I hate the Titans with a passion. But I also respect their part in the greater Gold Coast community and like Boddsy said, the more that can be done to strengthen the Gold Coast sporting culture the better it is for everybody!

Titans playing finals certainly helps. I dont like titans either. I was hoping they would get their license revoked and passed on to the bears consortium. Gold Coast Bears would have driven up memberships and their fan base. Still a lot of Nth Sydney Bears fans out there wanting the bears to return albeit in Nth Sydney, Central coast or Gold Coast they would back them 100%.

So the Titans play their final against the Roosters in Townsville tonight at 5:40pm. I saw the news report last night that showed Titans fans getting down to Parkwood to watch their team complete their final training session before getting on the plane to Townsville and I have to say I was quite envious because I'd love to be doing that with the Suns. FYI it's only the second time a Gold Coast team has played a final in the last 10 years, with the only other final being the Titans vs Broncos in 2016.

I wonder if the Titans' performance this year has any bearing on how much effort the AFL will put into us (Suns) going forward? If the Titans were to go on an unlikely run to the prelims or even the grand final then I can only imagine it will create a serious sense of urgency for the AFL. We know they are currently trying to coax Clarkson to join us at some point over the next 12 months but perhaps that process gets ramped up if the Titans go deep? It's probably also worth mentioning that it really does seem like the NRL are about to approve another expansion franchise in south east Queensland which obviously creates even more pressure for the AFL to get it right here.

Anyway. Good luck Titans. I hear the Roosters are currently struggling with some injuries so the Titans could be a genuine chance to win tonight for that reason alone. Admittedly I don't watch many Titans games but Jayden Campbell is definitely my favourite player with the Titans right now. He seems to have the x factor just like his old man and it helps that he comes from the 'Vale where he went to school with some of our players like Connor Budarick, Aiden Fyfe, Serene Watson and Dee Heslop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back