Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BF be like

1630842240468.png

Seriously though. We're all just bored AF because of lockdowns and there's not much else to discuss. It's pretty low level conversation here anyways. Surely professional PR guys could be more intelligent than the drivel we experience on BF. Plus, I've never seen anyone here change their mind about anything. Except maybe when I accepted that starting Flynn at R2 in supercoach was a mistake. 😥

BF be like

View attachment 1227542

Seriously though. We're all just bored AF because of lockdowns and there's not much else to discuss. It's pretty low level conversation here anyways. Surely professional PR guys could be more intelligent than the drivel we experience on BF. Plus, I've never seen anyone here change their mind about anything. Except maybe when I accepted that starting Flynn at R2 in supercoach was a mistake. 😥

this 100%

in the era of talking points, having paid party people on a forum is beyond insane when it has the bang for buck of BF

It simply staggers me that this is contemplated by an Australian government and so quickly supported by its sycophants.

Clearly there is nothing that Dear Leader would propose that his followers would oppose.
why is it staggering? it is already being done in France, the land of "liberty, equality and brotherhood"

Last edited:
Matthew Guy is looking to challenge for the Lib leadership

It has always puzzled me as to why, with his outstanding credentials in corruption, Guy has not been fast-tracked into the Federal Liberal Party

Do genuine neutral swing voters even visit the likes of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for political purposes? Never being a fan of those sort of platforms but from what I can gather you have to seek political content in those websites to come across Dan's social media army and my general impression is that it's primarily frequented by people that are already heavily rusted on Labor supporters or LWNJ ideologues (i.e. toxic feminists who support discrimination against men to further their agenda, sexual minorities who argue that men who believe they are women should unfairly compete against biological women, etc..). I just don't get the sense their 'influencing' all that many genuine impartial voters via the bigger social media websites.

So I don't get how that would be measured as value for money compared to BF where yes the contribution seems to be mainly by a lot of their stooge bots who post pages and pages of support for Andrews and Labor along with diatribes against the Liberals. But there are posters who might not contribute much, or at all, via posting but still view threads and could be influenced by seeing so much support for him and reconsider their position and negative view of Andrews. I often wonder how the BF site owner, an obvious bleeding lefty, feels about his website being talked down so much to prop up Victoria Labor. lol
You only encounter Dan's so-called "social media army" when you visit social media has given me a larf at a time sorely needed. Noticed Smiffy, Bazzar, Drewie, Pelly's mate etc here have you? In any event, I think those who express a particular left or right view on social media have little influence in swaying the views of genuine uncommitted voters.

What wins close elections has way more to do with the disinformation circulated in the mainstream media; the lies told about opposing parties' policies; the massive amounts spent in advertising wilfully spreading lies; and the dirty tricks on polling day, than it does the use of social media.

In the federal context, the reactionaries won the last election by effectively using those very tactics. Circulated wilful lies about the proposed franking credit changes which would have only adversely affected a relatively small number of people ie those who paid no tax. And voiced vociferously through their propaganda arm Newscorpse and other sycophants like 2GB and 3AW. Oxygen thief Palmer spending mega millions spreading lies and fear. On polling day the Libs deliberately fiddling with signage to confuse voters. The most blatant being the Chinese-language signs in Chisholm designed to look like electoral commission material to mislead the Chinese-language voters in Chisholm.

What will be telling at the next Victorian election will be how Labor breathed life into a state left moribund by the Liberals through much-needed infrastructure spending. And what the alternative is which is a team of 3rd raters with the likes of Finn, Crozier, Staley (as Treasurer, Gawd help the state) Smith, Southwick, O'Donohue ' Lobster with a Mobster' et al running the show with Windows O'Brien steering the Titanic.

also for some of those pure political posters, lets be honest - a fair few are pure troll accounts.

both left and right, some are so over the top is pure caricature (and i have no doubt some are pure reverse trolls too)
Eddie actually is a labor stooge?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last I saw there were massive protests in France. May they continue.
similar size to their yellow shirt protests.
I see the role for vaccine passport to allow double vaccinated more freedoms at say 50-60% double jab level and once we get to 80% double jab then theres no further need.
Others have said that there could be worksafe issues for individual businesses not "doing diligence to reduce infection risk" - personally I'm not sure that it plays out that way as vaccinated persons can also carry virus, but at lower risk; but it seems its all designed for lawyers to parasite profit

If im not allowed to ask for a patrons proof of medical exemption from wearing a mask.. how would I be able to ask for proof of vaccination?

Looks like NSW want to add this to their App. I’d say we’d do same/similar

As part of the government’s preparations to ease restrictions, Digital Minister Victor Dominello is finalising upgrades to the Service NSW app which will display vaccination status when checking into venues.

Does this mean the end of manual check ins for elderly people who don't have smart phones? What about those who can't be vaccinated? Do you need data on your phone? Poor people quite often have periods of time with no credit on their mobiles.

Vax passports won't impact me, but unlike the gay wedding cake issue (which sought to stop discrimination), this actively encourages discrimination by our government. I'm not entirely comfortable with that.

Does this mean the end of manual check ins for elderly people who don't have smart phones? What about those who can't be vaccinated? Do you need data on your phone? Poor people quite often have periods of time with no credit on their mobiles.

Vax passports won't impact me, but unlike the gay wedding cake issue (which sought to stop discrimination), this actively encourages discrimination by our government. I'm not entirely comfortable with that.
You‘ll be able to get a card or something, I’d imagine. For years as part of my work I’ve had to get credentialing which involve proof of vaccination for a variety of disease, from pertussis and diphtheria to Hep B etc etc…many people do likewise. Its not discrimination, at worst it’s red tape- but this time for the public good.

Just my guess on possible solves:

- hardcopy issued by Medicare

- allow a cert for medical exception which would be uploaded same as Vax one

- Medicare app already allows you have save on your Apple or Google wallet

Just my guess on possible solves:

- hardcopy issued by Medicare

- allow a cert for medical exception which would be uploaded same as Vax one

- Medicare app already allows you have save on your Apple or Google wallet
Yeah, I'd like to see some details before we jump on board, rather than a typical government headline.

Yeah, I'd like to see some details before we jump on board, rather than a typical government headline.

Being reported today yesterday:

- NSW services app is finalizing changes to allow the app to easily show businesses Vax status
- Vic about to start trails in regional vic for similar

Sounds like both are trialing first and then launching, good move to get bugs managed and micro changes bad after field observations

Being reported today yesterday:

- NSW services app is finalizing changes to allow the app to easily show businesses Vax status
- Vic about to start trails in regional vic for similar

Sounds like both are trialing first and then launching, good move to get bugs managed and micro changes bad after field observations
I'm happy to wait and reserve judgement considering government track records on things like covid safe app, myki and west gate tunnel.

I'm happy to wait and reserve judgement considering government track records on things like covid safe app, myki and west gate tunnel.

Vic govt was responsible for the covidsafe app (that was federal)

Im distinctly pro vax however, it has not been lost on me that the same people who sought to force a business owner to make a gay wedding cake in the name of discrimination, are now actively encouraging business to discriminate against people on the basis of vaccination. It speaks to the hypocrisy of the progressive left that is so short sighted in its virtues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back