Roast Our medical team / Injury prevention and conditioning staff

Remove this Banner Ad

About time. Nice to see that his business partner, boomer was the one who included parting words.
Is Tania Gallo still there? If she is surely she’s next

GM of football - sorted
Head coach - sorted
Assistant coaches - sorted
Strength and conditioning - nearly sorted?
Midfield - sorted
Book ends - WIP

We are nearly set up….

North Melbourne overhauls high-performance department after injury-plagued season
By Sam Edmund

North Melbourne has reacted swiftly to another injury-plagued season by overhauling its high-performance department.

The Kangaroos have cleaned out the fitness arm of the club, with several staff told last week that they wouldn’t have their contracts renewed, while others have departed throughout the second half of the season.

David Noble’s encouraging debut season at Arden St came despite an ongoing injury crisis that saw him regularly having to cope without a contingent of first-choice players.

It’s understood the new coach has been irritated by the level of unavailability, leading to a staff cleanout.

Head of-high performance Matt Turnbull left in May, strength coach Alex Moore departed in July and the Roos’ longest-serving football department staff member, strength and conditioning coach Jona Segal, moved on last week.

But their departures have been followed by the exits of head doctor Bianca Scotney, assistant strength coach Josh Humphries, rehabilitation co-ordinator Matt Ferraro, sports scientist David Sobey and trainer Alister Wright.

For four consecutive years the Kangaroos have ranked No.1 in the competition for games lost due to injury.

The high-performance clean slate is the latest off-season reset at North Melbourne, following last year’s coaching staff overhaul and league-high 15 list changes.

Last edited:
TZ Celebrates 🥳
About ******* time

How did jona survive this long
Credit where credits due.
This news along with Browns clip over the weekend - the writing was on the wall.
I just imagine what Brady, Nobes and Blakey would have thought rocking up to pre-season and thinking what the *s this

Credit where credits due.
This news along with Browns clip over the weekend - the writing was on the wall.
I just imagine what Brady, Nobes and Blakey would have thought rocking up to pre-season and thinking what the fu**s this

Did Brown say something about the conditioning or just the hub culture in gerneral?

Did Brown say something about the conditioning or just the hub culture in general?
Basically said he was the top dog at North and when he went across to Melbourne he was embarrassed by his own standards

SIMON GOODWIN’S PITCH

“Coming into my first day of pre-season I was struck by how hard these guys trained. Just how professional the club was and how I had some work to do in terms of playing catch-up.

“It was just the amount of guys who were pretty incredible runners.”

Brown has regularly cranked out 16km games despite his stature but he says the Demons were different.

“I am definitely a bit of a plodder but I did some running before we started the pre-season with Tom McDonald, who is just an outstanding runner, and Adam Tomlinson, and they are big guys that could really run. I thought, “Yep, this is going to be great for me, this will push me along. I have got some work to do. I am not a walk-up start at this club and it was clear to me I needed to up my game.”

SIMON GOODWIN’S PITCH

“Coming into my first day of pre-season I was struck by how hard these guys trained. Just how professional the club was and how I had some work to do in terms of playing catch-up.

Brown has regularly cranked out 16km games despite his stature but he says the Demons were different.

“I am definitely a bit of a plodder but I did some running before we started the pre-season with Tom McDonald, who is just an outstanding runner, and Adam Tomlinson, and they are big guys that could really run. I thought, “Yep, this is going to be great for me, this will push me along. I have got some work to do. I am not a walk-up start at this club and it was clear to me I needed to up my game.”
Definitely franks what has been out there about our fitness levels.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically said he was the top dog at North and when he went across to Melbourne he was embarrassed by his own standards

SIMON GOODWIN’S PITCH

Thanks mate hadn't read that. That's pretty damning in what it infers.

somewhat chicken and eggish with the delistings

add jacobs EVW it was the same blokes all the time who were unavailable

very very pleased the Strength coach has gone
can’t believe we had one

Reckon Harry Unglik, who was appointed to the board late last year, would have had a massive say in this ... must have arrived back at the club after a decade away and thought: wtf?

Yes you could say that. In fact you could bank on it.

This is absolutely damning. Guess we've just been unlucky hey. Four. Years. In. A. Row.

My thoughts aren't about how this has happened after 4 fours in a row, it's why it didn't happen after 2 years? Why did it take the 3rd coach we've had in those four years to be 'irritated' for anything to happen? How could the place become so amateurish in those four years? Who, if anyone, was driving any sort of high-performance culture and beyond these sackings, how can the malaise we're in get cut out?

About time. Nice to see that his business partner, boomer was the one who included parting words.
Is Tania Gallo still there? If she is surely she’s next
Surely her time is up. Head of Sport Science...been at the club forever now (like a female Cam Joyce without the world class expertise). Time to bring in someone with more experience and both eyes on the players.

My thoughts aren't about how this has happened after 4 fours in a row, it's why it didn't happen after 2 years? Why did it take the 3rd coach we've had in those four years to be 'irritated' for anything to happen? How could the place become so amateurish in those four years? Who, if anyone, was driving any sort of high-performance culture and beyond these sackings, how can the malaise we're in get cut out?
WE haven't really had a stable set up since the end of 2018 tho. So while i agree with the principle of what you are saying this is the first time since then that this sort of thing could have happened. We've had so much instability that making an accurate assessment of where we are at hasn't been easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back