2022 NFL Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep an eye on Jalen Wydermyer this year Dannyreed , one of my fav prospect out there
Yeah saw him a little watching Mond last year but I'll definitely put him on the watch list to get to this weekend vs Colorado. It's hard to chose who to watch this week coming up. Lots of cupcake games for big name guys. Might check out OU vs West Carolina, it'll be the sort of game you want to see Rattler not try and be a hero and just win because his guys are then their guys....something tells me he'll still try to be a hero though

Yeah saw him a little watching Mond last year

It's how I noticed him too, went to watch Mond , came away saying who the * is this TE for Texas A&M coz he flashed in every game I saw.

Anyone watch Matt Corral today?
I didn't watch in depth but had on in the background whilst working and caught some highlights afterward. Just seemed like normally Matt Corral, everything thrown at 100 mph, intermediate crossing routes on the money, deep ball all over the place, good with his legs. Always good to see a zero in the interception column from him, he has some massive fans Matt Corral. I'm not there yet but he has progressed each year so maybe his best is yet to come.

The guy to blackbook from that game was his wide receiver Dontario Drummond. Huge numbers, and just from the highlights you can see once he gets the ball in his hands he's hard to deal with. Corral is going to sling it all year long so we should see plenty of him.

A couple of guys who I noticed from the games I've seen.

Sam Howell QB UNC
Rough one for Sammy. Not his fault entirely as the offense was just completely overmatched and he was out there having to try and make magic which isn't his game. Hopefully this isn't a sign to come because they did lose a boatload of talent to the NFL this past draft. He still made some great throws in the few times he got a clean pocket but yeah this looks very similar to when Jordan Love lost his OC, HC and 8 offensive starters in the year before he came out. Hope for Sam they can get something going and give him a chance.

Great comparison there and can totally see it happening im not sure why we all thought UNC would just keep on trucking like they were some sort of powerhouse school after losing so much.

Some huge statistical performances from some of the top guys this class.
Matt Corral (new Heissman favourite) - 335 yards/3TD's passing, 68 yards 4 TD's rushing.... Didn't watch the game but insane numbers in just 3 qtrs
Sam Howell - 307 yards 5 TD's, 112 rushing yards...looks alot more comfortable now with a new favourite target in Josh Downs (8 recepetion 204 yards and 2 TD's)
Malik Willis (where I'd be going with Heismann money $26 currently but will get shorter when Corral has his down game) - 242 yards 4 TD's passing, 77 yards 2 TD's rushing... Can't wait to see him against a good defense but he looks more comfortable as a passe this season so far
Drake London- 170 yards and 2 TD's....I must admit I wasn't high on London coming into the season but he's been huge this season, I thought his best shot at the NFL was to bulk up and be a TE because USC just stick him in the slot and let him work underneath and down the seam its not a usual NFL slot role and he is 6'4" that's not slot size but I have noticed some more outside work creeping in so hope to see more of that.
Treyveon Henderson (freshman so not for a few years)- 277 yards rushing and 3 TDs. One of the most anticipated recruits is a while showed why he's a freak. This guy has wheels, balance and just looks like a special talent
Bijan Robinson- 127 yards 3 TDs, He has really broken out this years. Having an incredible season under Steve Sarkisian.

Guys I watched
Spencer Rattler- Copped a really rough wrap in my opinion in this game. I get they struggled past Nebraska but if you focus on just his game it was not as bad as people make out. In fact I would say I came out more confident in him then before the game. Statistically nothing much 24/34 214yds 1TD, 35 rushing 1 TD but he did something he hasn't done this far in his career and let the game dictate his play. Nebraska took away the deep passes with 2 and 3 deep safeties throughout and pretty much dared him to take the underneath stuff and be patient. He did that all game and I thought that was a huge step forward for the guy who can make every throw but hasn't always known which throw to make when. He still made some wow plays one in particular on 3rd and 11 down the sideline a beautiful back shoulder throw. I think NFL teams watching would love this game from him the OU faithful seem pretty restless that he isn't throwing 6 TD's a game but I'd calm down.

Eric Gray- Looked really good. Finally starting to get more touches although still split with Kennedy Brooks. He has some serious lateral movement when going at full pace. He makes guys miss with ease but I would like to see him bounce outside abit more he tends to cut towards the inside into other defenders. He had 84 yards on 15 attempts but I felt like he was so close to breaking on a few runs. Can see him having a huge game soon.

Jahan Dotson- He is such a dynamic guy, every time he touches the ball something impressive happens. He has such good hands which can be seen on his TD catch which was only a 4 yarder but the ball was flying and he just snatched it out of the air. He made a crazy catch on a ball that looked like it was going to be picked by the safety but he just launches up and grabs it. He is one of the safer wideouts in this draft, he is literally bracketed most times he is on the field but he just finds a way to make plays, despite being double covered most of the game against an Auburn defense he caught 10 balls for 70 odd and a TD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would so love him on the Ravens but there's no way he's making it out of the top 10 surely

Never know with safeties, Derwin James dropped , but agree, he looks special, on top of the play look at his physical traits, the speed he moves with that length is amazing

Never know with safeties, Derwin James dropped , but agree, he looks special, on top of the play look at his physical traits, the speed he moves with that length is amazing

James dropped due to his injury concerns which proved to be right so far. I think Kyle is more in the jamal adams level of talent for safety and he went 5th overall when he really should of gone 3 to 49ers that year over solomon thomas.

Yeah he’s such a versatile player I can’t see him getting out of the top 10, and I’d probably expect him to go too 5. It’s too valuable to have a do it all guy on the 3rd level. Especially with his range I think if Jamal Adam’s was coming out now I think he would of slid (similar to JOK but not as bad) because the safety that’s effectively a LB isn’t as valuable as the guy with deep range, coverage ability as their primary traits. Also someone will take a QB high but I don’t think any of these guys are certified top 10 so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 7/3 defense/offense split in the top 10. Stingley JR is top 5, Thibodeaux top 5, Aidan Hutchison could be top 10, Booth the CB from Clemson could be top 10, George Karlarftis as well.

I checked out Kenneth Walker the RB from Michigan State (transferred from Wake Forest) when i saw he had 20 broken/forced missed tackles vs Miami. He looks like a traditional running back 5'10" carries his weight low, he's got some power and burst and shows some very nice lateral movement which made him really hard to tackle as evidenced by 20 broken tackles . From the game on the weekend he ran with really nice vision and he is patient enough that he likes to see it first then hit it. Looking over his previous production he has been a non factor in the passing game so may be an area to improve but he is currently averaging a crazy 10.3 yards per attempt on the ground in 2021....that's handy. Hopefully he keeps going but he will definitely be one ill watch again this season.

NFL, NFLPA agree to treat 2020 as a year of college participation

Posted by Mike Florio on September 28, 2021, 12:45 PM EDT

The pandemic dramatically altered the 2020 college football season. It has prompted the NFL and the NFL Players Association to after the rules for the 2020 draft.

An agreement struck recently by the league and the union treats the 2020 season as a year of participation. In other words, even if a player did or didn’t play in 2020, 2020 counts toward his four years of eligibility for draft purposes.

This means that, for example, if a player opted out in 2020 and otherwise has played three years of college football, he’ll automatically enter the 2022 draft — even though he has an extra year of college eligibility. Such players, if they want to refrain from entering the draft, must affirmatively opt out of the 2022 draft.

So be aware, college players who have three years of participation other than 2020. You’ll automatically become part of the next draft class if you don’t exercise your right to opt out of the 2022 pool.

NFL, NFLPA agree to treat 2020 as a year of college participation

Posted by Mike Florio on September 28, 2021, 12:45 PM EDT

The pandemic dramatically altered the 2020 college football season. It has prompted the NFL and the NFL Players Association to after the rules for the 2020 draft.

An agreement struck recently by the league and the union treats the 2020 season as a year of participation. In other words, even if a player did or didn’t play in 2020, 2020 counts toward his four years of eligibility for draft purposes.

This means that, for example, if a player opted out in 2020 and otherwise has played three years of college football, he’ll automatically enter the 2022 draft — even though he has an extra year of college eligibility. Such players, if they want to refrain from entering the draft, must affirmatively opt out of the 2022 draft.

So be aware, college players who have three years of participation other than 2020. You’ll automatically become part of the next draft class if you don’t exercise your right to opt out of the 2022 pool.
Is this going to impact anyone?

Malik Willis currently 80-1 for the Heisman if he has fans. I did put a sneaky $10 on him just in case our college watchers in here are on the mark! 😉👍

Currently graded the No.1 QB right now but things change quickly. Corral also the clear favourite FWIW and that is surely just based on big school V small school etc.

Huh. The pandemic and associated cancellations make this _seem_ like a business-as-usual compromise (with no hidden aspects) that is good for the incoming prospects. And regardless of what I'm about to say, this _is_ a good thing and I'm glad the NFL and NFLPA issued this statement now, before too much of the CFB campaign has passed. Guys who missed games through no fault of their own won't have it held against them. Good.

But this is also a _very convenient_ escape hatch for college players, many of whom got Kavanugh'ed out of future existence in July. CFB is going to be a literal bloodbath this offseason, as universities are facing huge (pandemic related) budget problems and a Supreme Court opinion of their football business as "flatly illegal", requiring cash payments _to_ athletes instead of getting their talent for scholarships. We're talking tens of millions of dollars in budget shortfalls that will get much deeper, very quickly if athletes have to be paid OR can be 'paid off' and zeroed out by cutting the football program and its costs. We've already seen it start: UConn is not a small school, despite it's shitty football reputation. CFB as it has been in the past is going to cease to exist, probably two weeks after the Bowl games. Which is why Texas and Oklahoma joined the SEC, because big programs with TV contracts are still in the football business. So mid-January, a ton of program are going 'out of business' and players will need to transfer or go pro.

And the NFL just gave the whole (rotten) thing a kick. Every prospect at top tier programs who lost a year will go pro to make their money. Some second-tier prospects from borderline programs will declare as well. Other second-tier prospects will be able to transfer IN to top-tier programs (unless the NCAA is going to be complete assholes - always a possibility). Thus, talent will be redistributed and the 'feeder' doesn't break completely while re-organizing itself.

Yea this is a weird way to go about it. They automatically make you eligible for the draft unless you opt out. So it looks like the responsibility of declaring has sort of switched, you have to declare your intentions of staying in college as opposed to going into the draft.
______

Gonna be messed up if a bunch of random players with no shot at the NFL forget to opt out and lose their eligibility.
______

In this upcoming 2022 NFL draft, all players that have played for four years will automatically be considered eligible to be drafted. Rather than the players declaring for this draft, players have to opt out of this draft to stay in college.
______

So they no longer declare for the draft, instead are automatically considered eligible, so onus on them to opt out of the draft, rather than opt in as in the past.
_______

Ask Deriq King, he’s been in college for 6 years and has had many chances to be a 1-3 rounder.
______

You can still do 3 years of college football and declare for the draft. It’s just if you did 4 years of it, you're automatically eligible.
_______

Remove this Banner Ad

Back