Player Watch #46: Ben Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

But a bigger Cox does change the result lol
Be careful what you wish for, definitely read some rumours that we had been chatting with him
Hopefully just noise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of perspective on Ben Miller. When the injuries hit i was one who just wanted us to give him some games yet we didnt. not until we gave him a token game in the last game of the season.

We drafted him in 2017 at pick 63 hardly a huge investment and what odds of such a late pick making it.
Hes had 4 years and managed just the one game at the end of this season.
He has gone from the list proper to a rookie spot

Even with all this it seems people think he has arrived when in fact he has done nothing is currently uncontracted and could be delisted for all we know.
Yet people think we should not be going after an experienced KPD because we have Ben Miller AND HE NEEDS GAMES.its unbelievable.

Atm it seems it is more likely that he won't make it than it is likely. What the heck what are people really expecting from such late picks its a fact most just dont make it.

We are after Tarrant for a reason and i sure as hell hope we are targeting a young KPD with a decent pick in the ND this year as well because Miller has shown little and Nyuon is probably two years away if hes any good what odds on him also being a very late nd pick.

Get Tarrant and Talia and we can delist Miller and recruit some KPD youth. Miller's been around long enough and not the future despite some delusional flogs on here thinking we're gonna hitch our wagon to Miller on the back of one game in a dead rubber.
All well and good until the word flogs come out. I don't consider myself to be a flog because I have a difference of opinion, you can't be so right about something until you have seen Miller play, which none of us have.

A bit of perspective on Ben Miller. When the injuries hit i was one who just wanted us to give him some games yet we didnt. not until we gave him a token game in the last game of the season.

We drafted him in 2017 at pick 63 hardly a huge investment and what odds of such a late pick making it.

Even with all this it seems people think he has arrived when in fact he has done nothing is currently uncontracted and could be delisted for all we know.
Yet people think we should not be going after an experienced KPD because we have Ben Miller AND HE NEEDS GAMES.its unbelievable.

Atm it seems it is more likely that he won't make it than it is likely. What the heck what are people really expecting from such late picks its a fact most just dont make it.

We are after Tarrant for a reason and i sure as hell hope we are targeting a young KPD with a decent pick in the ND this year as well because Miller has shown little and Nyuon is probably two years away if hes any good what odds on him also being a very late nd pick.
Well not quite right. Yes he should have been given games when Astbury was injured, but I reckon they chickened out due to us being on the edge of the eight. But he got injured just before they played Garthwaite and surely would have played before him as he was an emergency for a those weeks. And since half our side is late draft picks or rookies or undrafted players, I reckon the late draft pick is pretty irrelevant.

And I have not said don't go after a key position player, but as you have said 100 times on this board, get one from another club, a state league or somewhere that is not 33 years old. Why would they retain Miller for so long if he showed no promise.

Not often I agree with you Moppey (sorry) but boy, you are absolutely spot on with this post Mate👍

Get Tarrant and Talia and we can delist Miller and recruit some KPD youth. Miller's been around long enough and not the future despite some delusional flogs on here thinking we're gonna hitch our wagon to Miller on the back of one game in a dead rubber.
Tarrant and Talia? Multi year deals? Is that tanking? Be interesting if we go that route. No room for Balta there in that backline. Probably no room for Miler at all. You're more bullish than me about our flag chances next year.

Realistically, we're not contending next year. Topping up with Tarrant and Talia instead of trying to develop youth could really cause us issues when they retire in a few years.
I missed the bulletin. When did we move to Kardinia Park?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back