Autopsy AFL 2021 2nd Preliminary Final - Port v Dogs Sat September 11th 7:40pm EST / 7:10pm CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 24.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be here when you use the AFL compare function and come up with a meaningful way in which he's a better player (right now). Dixon averages more goals, score involvements, tackles, possessions, disposals, disposal efficiency, contested possessions and hitouts. That's in a down year after he was AA CHF last year. I might add, I didn't call anyone a spud either, that would be you. Anyways, I think I'm done here until after the game.

I don't think many Bulldogs fans are worried about Dixon, in his last 3 games against Keath he has hardly touched the ball, combined for total of 4 goals and 9 marks, he is no good against good defenders.

I am backing the Bont for a best on ground performance. He loves playing Port in Adelaide. I am sure he is fine Bevo will play the line he is touch and go like he did with Caleb last week who was fine and was a match winner.

I don't think many Bulldogs fans are worried about Dixon, in his last 3 games against Keath he has hardly touched the ball, combined for total of 4 goals and 9 marks, he is no good against good defenders.

2nd last game against you he had 2 goals, 12 disposals, 14 HOs. The game before that he had 10 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals in 2020 with reduced quarters in a game where you only kicked 5 goals total. I agree, he's a spud. You shouldn't even bother manning him up.

Port to win and then get a reality check in the GF away from AO.

Our record at AO is lowkey horrendous for a ground that everyone assumes is an iNtErStAtE fOrTrEsS, and we’re 17-4 on away/neutral territory over the past two seasons.

Optus Stadium will hold no fears in the event we progress on Satdee night.

Damn, I really wanted Razor to umpire this match to hear the crowd boos when he gives frees to the Bulldogs.

nah..he laps up the crowd. And u see him last game Port V Dogs.... was loving Port.

I feel like Dogs midfield will get on top but I also feel like Port may run over the top of them. Fresh legs, home crowd.

Dogs have to nullify the output from Wines and Boak in the midfield. Boak is the engine room of that team.

Port have to worry about the Bont, Libba and McCrae.

Port will do a number on the Dogs in ruck.

It's going to be a great contest.

I'll be here when you use the AFL compare function and come up with a meaningful way in which he's a better player (right now). Dixon averages more goals, score involvements, tackles, possessions, disposals, disposal efficiency, contested possessions and hitouts. That's in a down year after he was AA CHF last year. I might add, I didn't call anyone a spud either, that would be you. Anyways, I think I'm done here until after the game.
Spot on that 30 year old Dixon has the slightest of statistical advantages against the 21 year old.

Stat: Naughton vs Dixon
Goals:1.9 vs 2.0
Score Involvements:6.0 vs 6.4
Tackles:1.7 vs 2.0
Disposals: 11.3 vs 12.3
Marks:6.1 vs 4.0
Marks Inside 50:
AFL Fantasy: 67 vs 67.7

But who would every coach in the league pick going into this week’s Priminary Final, if they could only choose one of them?

Here I was thinking this thread was about Port Adelaide v Bulldogs.

Last 5 games the count was all to Port

23-15 (2 point Port win)
25-23
17-14
23-15
27-23

115-90 the count is. Dogs are due for a fair game I reckon.

It’s just discipline, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on that 30 year old Dixon has the slightest of statistical advantages against the 21 year old.

Marks Inside 50:

But who would every coach in the league pick going into this week’s Priminary Final, if they could only choose one of them?

I know I may be bias here however purely due to ports forward structure, I would be taking Dixon for the prelim every day.

He generally takes 2 defenders in the contest which should allow us too have extras on the ground. Although the last couple weeks he hasn’t been kicking bags of goals, he has been crucial in winning the contest and almost tapping the ball into a position which will advantage our smalls rather than trying to out mark the whole defence.

With how our forward entries work, Naughton would struggle in our lineup I think but Dixon provides that brute strength that our smalls feed off.

Now if we’re talking long term, of course I’d take Naughton at the moment but purely for the remainder of these finals and our current team, Dixon.

But cheating for the dogs. Got.it.

Isn’t ‘discipline’ the approved rationale to explain the favourable free kick differential for Bulldogs? Can’t that apply to other teams as well?

Not according to your board
Do you do anything other than whinge about what other people say about the Bulldogs?

I’m genuinely excited about this matchup. On paper we should win, and win well, but Bulldogs seem to play well against us. Bont is sch a high calibre player that his injury won’t dampen his impact. Same as Robbie Gray for us.

First quarter will be won by the Dogs.
Port will turn it on in the second and eventually win by 7+ points.

Marks Inside 50:

Dixon?

Not according to your board

Why visit our board, but to find something to whinge about? Don't think I've ever been on your board, but pretty sure if I did I could find something to whinge about here too. But as that is beneath me, I won't. Just be happy we are both playing this far into the season

Not very bright are you.

YOUR supporters are the ones whinging about umpires BEFORE the ball is bounced. Do you get it now or do I need to slow it down a bit more?
You can't whinge about something that hasn't happened yet, but you can speculate. YOU'RE the one whinging about people speculating. Your carry on across all threads regarding this game has been kind of embarrassing. Props to a majority of the other Dogs fans who have provided sensible and insightful discussions.

You can't whinge about something that hasn't happened yet, but you can speculate. YOU'RE the one whinging about people speculating. Your carry on across all threads regarding this game has been kind of embarrassing. Props to a majority of the other Dogs fans who have provided sensible and insightful discussions.
Yeah.. now you're being obtuse.

Unless you're following me around our board whilst whinging that dogs supporters may have looked at yours.

Maybe you don't see the irony for some reason

Gray hasn’t trained in more than one main training session a week for the last couple of seasons. This is status quo.
Wouldn't think any Port players are in doubt.

Even if there are slight niggles, they'll just get a jab and deal with it. Same goes for Bont.

Most players would have some kind of niggle this time of year

Back