VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Noble and Rawlings finally identified that a strong VFL list is beneficial to a developing list.
Yep but let’s also be fair I think the expectation was that we’d have more listed players available

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And I think the expectation was that we’d have more listed coaches and support staff available :)

Even against these odd we started winning a few in the back half!
I don’t think you can understate how disastrous our situation was this time last year and really until mid season

1631063702475.png

I don’t think you can understate how disastrous our situation was this time last year and really until mid season

It's been total carnage both on and off field in many ways. We had a lot of our quality VFL listed players move on, injuries, budget and staff cuts, VFL restructure, Covid madness - I'm just happy we still have a VFL team!!

We finished strong, reset , fresh start and bring on 2022.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Noble and Rawlings finally identified that a strong VFL list is beneficial to a developing list.
I'd argue its what helped to make bris and richmond so good.
How are our young guys going to develop when they get smashed every week in the reserves.
Would be more conformable with sticking players in the VFL for a while and let them build fitness etc if we're actually competitive.

Good to see us try bolster the KPD hopefully means we never have to use Donnelly in our vfl team major liability

Hamish Murphy held up ok as a key defender albeit a bit undersized

we started using Mark Baker as a key back also once we were able to bring Edwards in. But he’s better as a forward also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Finally identified" ... ?

Noble hasn't been in the joint a year so don't sure how he can cop the blame.

There's been a bit of disruption to the VFL comp too last two years.

"Finally identified" ... ?

Noble hasn't been in the joint a year so don't sure how he can cop the blame.

There's been a bit of disruption to the VFL comp too last two years.
Bit of a weird bump, but anyway.

It was more of a general facetious comment that the vfl list hasn’t been great and that the setup has needed some additional help from the club for a little while. I am happy it is being addressed and that it was Rawlings and Noble who identified to the club that the vfl setup needs more attention.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It was more of a general facetious comment that the vfl list hasn’t been great and that the setup has needed some additional help from the club for a little while. I am happy it is being addressed and that it was Rawlings and Noble who identified to the club that the vfl setup needs more attention.
Noble wouldn’t have had much to do with that list build anyway

Oh wow, I didn't realise was that old a post - I'd just clicked on the thread.

I get it now, cheers mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back