• Shorter games where all games are played in one day/evening

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Ladder, where you can challenge people above you to move up the ladder

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, should i post in that thread?

Nah, this is enough. I’ll tag you in that thread. Same for you Buckemenico.

Now we have two new members, it’s good too get a game in:
Buckemenico , could you find member 0ryanfrancis, press the chess board and set up a challenge? Then when that gets accepted you’re off and running!

Keen to see if there's still any activity here - I'm not particularly good, but I do play most days.

Shoot me a challenge for a 1 dayer on chess.com if you like. My username is Schulzenfest on there too.

Shoot me a challenge for a 1 dayer on chess.com if you like. My username is Schulzenfest on there too.

Good game mate. Thanks for the invite.

Good game mate. Thanks for the invite.

We'll have a new chess ladder up next year - would be great to see you involved in that. We also hold our "chess AFL" which will coincide with the AFL season.

Also, we will hold a match against another club at the start of next year and you'd be welcome on the team. We are currently unbeaten!

Any questions, reach out to anyone in the club - and hope you enjoy it!

We'll have a new chess ladder up next year - would be great to see you involved in that. We also hold our "chess AFL" which will coincide with the AFL season.

Also, we will hold a match against another club at the start of next year and you'd be welcome on the team. We are currently unbeaten!

Any questions, reach out to anyone in the club - and hope you enjoy it!

I’d be happy to get involved.

Trying to learn to play after watching Queen's Gambit. Joined club under name ANimbleSauce. Hopefully my sub 100 elo doesn't ruin the feng shui

We have another club match! This time we're playing Orbis Centre Club. Sign up before 20 February:

1614908794624.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello, I'm going to treat this as a general chess discussion thread since I can't find one.

What's an acceptable/normal win% disparity between white and black pieces? I go 59/35/6 with white and 50/44/6 with black (W%/L%/D%).

Is that gap worth changing my strategy with black? I try to play Kings Indian/Pirc Defence, but feel like I suck at it.

Hello, I'm going to treat this as a general chess discussion thread since I can't find one.

What's an acceptable/normal win% disparity between white and black pieces? I go 59/35/6 with white and 50/44/6 with black (W%/L%/D%).

Is that gap worth changing my strategy with black? I try to play Kings Indian/Pirc Defence, but feel like I suck at it.

I think at our level that’s fine. The bigger point is whether you enjoy the games you play as black (I play similar but have had my fair share of games where I think I’m behind quite early on!). If you’d rather be more open it’s worth changing and seeing if you enjoy it more.

We have a new club match - signups close 31 August!

Some nice wins there! I’ll PM you.

Super rusty not played in 20 years, still trying to figure out quickly where the best squares for the pieces are. If we cant win an AFL premiership hope we can win a Bigfooty Chess premiership, show our boys some leadership and encourage them to stay mentally fit in these testing times.

Back