Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacko was a lot of things. But he could also play. Check out his career goals average.
Wasn't it him that stayed behind at Moorabbin doing "goal kicking practice", but had his brother behind the goals bagging the footys to sell at a market? Funny fecker, as big as a house, looked like he could be related to Mrs. Mac of Hey Hey, but as friendly as, OI!!

1631135619309.png

My old boss was a Melbourne person and was friendly with a committee member of MFC back in the Jacko days. The committee bloke told the story of a road trip with Jacko he had to make, several hundred km to the north for a promotion or sportsmans night.

He said that in the car Jacko was pretty normal and talked pretty much the same as most players. It was different when they stopped for petrol, when Jacko ponced around the petrol station doing his thing to entertain and annoy everybody.

My old boss was a Melbourne person and was friendly with a committee member of MFC back in the Jacko days. The committee bloke told the story of a road trip with Jacko he had to make, several hundred km to the north for a promotion or sportsmans night.

He said that in the car Jacko was pretty normal and talked pretty much the same as most players. It was different when they stopped for petrol, when Jacko ponced around the petrol station doing his thing to entertain and annoy everybody.

He was the template for Sam Newman, an obnoxious persona, but who consistently in real life we have been led to believe (John Newman) is the opposite.

He was the template for Sam Newman, an obnoxious persona, but who consistently in real life we have been led to believe (John Newman) is the opposite.
Hmm. Sammy (John) Newman parked his Ferrari (I think) in a no standing zone outside me work one day. One of the guys called him back to warn him that the parking officers were unforgiving and he better move to avoid a ticket. Sam just shrugged it off, CGAF.

Hmm. Sammy (John) Newman parked his Ferrari (I think) in a no standing zone outside me work one day. One of the guys called him back to warn him that the parking officers were unforgiving and he better move to avoid a ticket. Sam just shrugged it off, CGAF.
If you can afford a Ferrari winners are grinners

Wasn't it him that stayed behind at Moorabbin doing "goal kicking practice", but had his brother behind the goals bagging the footys to sell at a market? Funny fecker, as big as a house, looked like he could be related to Mrs. Mac of Hey Hey, but as friendly as, OI!!

View attachment 1230031

Is it Jako who plays the angry man in the dressing gown on the intro to Mad As Hell??

This to change the tone a bit...

I resigned from the place where I work(ed) a few weeks ago. Yesterday was my last day. They had sent me a courier request to return the two laptops and iPhone, which had to be posted today.

Anyway, an email came out yesterday stating that due to a new policy, all staff from now on will be provided with a SIM only, but have to supply their own handset (which I thought was pretty skummy).

The fine print in the email said that all company iPhones that were assigned out, such as mine had been transferred to the staff member in a one-off gesture, so we now owned the phones - this had been done in the system already. The instruction said we could keep or dispose of the existing phone however we chose and whenever we chose. Only the SIM remained the company's property.

I hate iPhones and wouldn't pay for one, but for free it was a no brainer. I kept it.

If I had left on Tuesday I would not have kept the iPhone (timing is everything).

Pity the two i7 laptops were not part of the same deal (the new one was an 11th gen and I had an 8th gen as emergency backup). My new company sent me a pretty shitty i5 which didn't impress me (that is the grumpy bit).

I ne
This to change the tone a bit...

I resigned from the place where I work(ed) a few weeks ago. Yesterday was my last day. They had sent me a courier request to return the two laptops and iPhone, which had to be posted today.

Anyway, an email came out yesterday stating that due to a new policy, all staff from now on will be provided with a SIM only, but have to supply their own handset (which I thought was pretty skummy).

The fine print in the email said that all company iPhones that were assigned out, such as mine had been transferred to the staff member in a one-off gesture, so we now owned the phones - this had been done in the system already. The instruction said we could keep or dispose of the existing phone however we chose and whenever we chose. Only the SIM remained the company's property.

I hate iPhones and wouldn't pay for one, but for free it was a no brainer. I kept it.

If I had left on Tuesday I would not have kept the iPhone (timing is everything).

Pity the two i7 laptops were not part of the same deal (the new one was an 11th gen and I had an 8th gen as emergency backup). My new company sent me a pretty shitty i5 which didn't impress me (that is the grumpy bit).
I never return the tech that they gave me as shackles. No employer has ever chased me up for it either.

I ne

I never return the tech that they gave me as shackles. No employer has ever chased me up for it either.
I handed back an iPhone at a previous place and part of the hand-back was that I had to sign a waiver that any photos or content would be lost as the phone would be wiped by the telstra on-site support bloke. I unlocked and handed the phone to him for him to wipe it, then left.

After a couple of weeks they started to call me asking for the unlock code.

As they were security nasties, they set a 6 digit code with really strict rules like no repeat digits, no consecutive and no simple patterns. I told 'em the phone was wiped as far as I knew. They must have called me 20 times over a few weeks before they finally told me they binned the phone :)

The mob I just left would have screamed for the laptops - I couldn't avoid handing them back :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew this girl and her old man used to say "You can park anywhere you want in the city for fifty bucks" or whatever parking fines were in those days. He could afford to not give a * too.

My fuxtel just died, well, last night actually. Ticked all the boxes, nothings changed, no sudden new trees or multi story buildings etc etc ..... seems like we'll need to send out a technician. We'll put you on the urgent list, let me see, October 5. You can download the app and watch on your phone. :-(

My fuxtel just died, well, last night actually. Ticked all the boxes, nothings changed, no sudden new trees or multi story buildings etc etc ..... seems like we'll need to send out a technician. We'll put you on the urgent list, let me see, October 5. You can download the app and watch on your phone. :-(
Get rid of it and get Kayo

Get rid of it and get Kayo
Yeah tried that before, then Kayo stopped working and Mrs. Kayo said my brand new Tele was too old 🤔 🤷‍♂️ Stupid 1st world problems

Get a new tv. We got a 43 inch this week to replace a 10 year old model and it’s like going from a Holden to a Ferrari
Yeah I did that about 4 months before I got Kayo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back