Rumour Neale-y premiership time! (was: Neale before the Lions!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_nalsqozn6g1rzcm84.gif
. IMG_20210909_142703.jpg

On moto g(30) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lachie Neale contract extension incoming ... ... ... ???

I am pretty sure he says he wants to lift the cup with the Lions next year and the year after that AND THE YEAR AFTER THAT.

He only has 2 years left. Come on. Lets speculate on his future contract terms until 100 pages

Whatever you say about Lachie, he's a class act on the field with his ball use, just so clean in the clinches. I have gotten over the finals disappointment now and with this good news, look forward to having our full strength squad on field for a big start next start year!

Freo management:

1476790700-tobias-crying-in-shower.gif

I jest of course.

But with this news, oh well back to wondering what we do with those two first rounders, very difficult isn't it. Hehe

From what I’ve heard, the “leak” can from Pavlich and from within the playing group.

It wasn’t that the club leaked it to media, more that loose lips let it out.

So is Pav's new nick "Lippy"?... Loose lips sink ships...and being Dockers they should have known that.

dlanod would Neale be a restricted free agent when his current deal is up, or does being traded, even though he was still in contract and hadn’t reached restricted free agency yet, void the possibility of him being a restricted free agent in the future?

He will be an RFA if he plays with us for eight years. Free agency rights transfer from club to club, but when Neale came he had not been a free agent at any point.

I don't know one Freo supporter who is disappointed - quite the opposite in fact.
Yep, must be fantastic to not need a player with this CV- Brownlow Medalist, 4 X B&F winner, AFLCA player of the year, 2 X AA who is the ultimate professional when it comes to setting a standard for preparation, training, rehab, improvement and match day performance with at least 3-4 years of great footy left in him.

Thanks for passing on him.

Very happy with this outcome. It was a tough weekend with the loss, then this rumour as I was going to bed Sunday. Was pretty miserable on Monday, glad it's been sorted out. I'm a big fan of Neale, seems a class act on and off the field, didn't like seeing him and his wife dragged through the mud so quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he still has itchy feet in 2-3 years, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him play his elder statesman years at West Coast.

Would seem a more likely destination after Freo’s ill-conceived tactics put him and Jules through the media wringer.

Could be a pretty good Luke Hodgeesque addition to what will be a young rebuilding West Coast side in need of leadership.

Very happy about the news. The odds of a top 10 draft pick being better than an MVP and Brownlow medallist is so low... and the other factor is the go home factor with draftees... I bet Freo fans were salivating over keeping their top draft pick... just like they were for the pick they used to get Cerra;)

Even if Freo didn't directly leak the news, I'd call it a balls up on their end. When an MVP is considering joining your club on a long term deal... you'd be mad not to push really hard to get it done. My feeling is Freo didn't impress the Neale camp and made the decision really easy for him (thankfully for us)

Reading between the lines Freo low balled and Bris refused ( as they should ).
Given where both clubs are this is the best scenario for everyone. Bris launch for flag, Freo continue to build on young list.

Yep although the Lions are doing both contending for a flag and continuing to build a young list. Lets just hope for Freo's sake that no more kids follow Cerra out the door

Do you think Moderators, now it's settled, should we show our support to Lachie and delete the thread - it was fun and passionate but lets not let it lag on and continue to speculate or else another rumour may start. Clean slate for Lachie, we will remember it anyway as it's in the Trade thread.
Being locked tonight.

Very happy about the news. The odds of a top 10 draft pick being better than an MVP and Brownlow medallist is so low... and the other factor is the go home factor with draftees... I bet Freo fans were salivating over keeping their top draft pick... just like they were for the pick they used to get Cerra;)

Even if Freo didn't directly leak the news, I'd call it a balls up on their end. When an MVP is considering joining your club on a long term deal... you'd be mad not to push really hard to get it done. My feeling is Freo didn't impress the Neale camp and made the decision really easy for him (thankfully for us)
LOL

nice - couldn't help yourself

You’re on the Brisbane board, there is no obligation for supporters to gild the lily about other clubs here.

Reading between the lines, Freo leaked to the media to try and drag Lachie’s mixed feelings into the light and build momentum that would create a trade scenario.

In the end though, they Freo’d it.

Yes, “Freoing” has become a pejorative verb.

May the purple cap be forever featherless.

Yep probably hoping it could happen without a 1st round pick and as a replacement in the middle for Cerra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back