Teams Wests Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Played with Ellery Handleys son in England didn’t he?
Ahh now those where the days, watching Ellery running down the wings at Leichhardt

Still does. But Umyla Hanley is unlikely to have the career his Dad did; he is a slightly-built lad and looks barely strong enough for SL, let alone the NRL. Unsurprisingly, he does have the nifty footwork, though! And I guess in some ways it's hard if you have a famous Dad; we see that in the NRL even now.

Watched episode 2 of tales from tiger town. My take was the players lack leadership and are a very dispassionate group. I played 20 years of competitive team sports and don’t think I’ve seen a playing group so quiet

Agree, there seems to be no natural leaders in the group, albeit Doueihi looks to be the most likely to grow into the role.
Personally, I would've loved to have played under a coach like Madge but I think that type of character would need some very good assistant coaches supporting him, focusing on the technical aspects of the game. At the moment he seems to be surrounded by turnips.

It would probably work with 3rd party deals. Considering we will uld be getting the good tv slots and opening up another being in the west.
Staying loyal to Balmain over the Storm when they started to the merge and now where we’re at makes me wonder wtf I was thinking 😂

Staying loyal to Balmain over the Storm when they started to the merge and now where we’re at makes me wonder wtf I was thinking 😂
If it wasn’t for McCracken getting nearly killed at Olympic Park, WT history would be completely different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the reports about us sacking Madge are wrong. He is far from the problem.
Whoever assembled that playing list for what they’re earning needs to be the very first in line, closely followed by whoever on the board ticked it off

Madge is staying now. I wonder how much the backlash has had a hand in this decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back