Rumour Neale-y premiership time! (was: Neale before the Lions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I won’t lie, I’m mourning the loss of draft picks that never were.

Really though we have 2 good picks and Ashcroft next year.

How many could we use?

We would have ended up with at least 3 highly rated kids stuck in ressies like other top teams have every year.

I was open to the notion but given we can't replace Lachie it really isn't what we need right now.

Big talent injection coming anyway.

Sproj

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Happy that Neale is staying but it still doesn't solve our midfield problem. Him and Lyons are very similar. We need Zorko to move forward and a bigger player to run through there like Rayner, Cocky or Starc. They could also change the mix as in not let Lyons and Neale in the centre bounces together (at least all the time)

I reckon we might actually see all three rotating through there, especially while Rayner gets his fitness back. He is going to add another dimension to our midfield as he was looking absolutely ready to explode before his knee last year. Will take him some time to get confidence back in that knee though, so we will all need to be patient.

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Lachie pause.. 'without my management'.... smile, was huge in the press conference.

100% looks like that was pointed.
Yeah I heard that also.
I wonder if they approached Freo without him being fully aware?
I can’t think of another reason why he would say that comment!
New management coming do you think 😂😂

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Shame isn't it? Think you might be able to engage in fair conversation without that but it is what it is I guess.

It was just a comment about retention wasn’t it?

I mean I didn’t particularly enjoy reading other clubs supporters talking about our retention issues circa 2013 but they weren’t exactly wrong.

No doubt there were probably some posts on the Freo board on the weekend suggesting we are finals chokers for going out in straight sets. As a fan of my own club I can probably put forward a well-informed counter argument but you really have to ask yourself if it is really the place to do it.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Really though we have 2 good picks and Ashcroft next year.

How many could we use?

We would have ended up with at least 3 highly rated kids stuck in ressies like other top teams have every year.

I was open to the notion but given we can't replace Lachie it really isn't what we need right now.

Big talent injection coming anyway.
Yep we would have.

I would have expected one to potentially push for playing time in the second half of the year.

A top 10 pick would have potentially guaranteed Goater, if our recruiters rate him that high.

As it is, our first pick is right on the edge where we “might” (probably) miss out on all the tall, fast, skilful mids. I’m sure we’re not the only team that will be prioritising such kids.

Where our two picks currently sit, fair chance we get a look at one of the second tier KPP’s. And a talented kid who doesn’t fill the glaring need for pace in our midfield.

Yep we would have.

I would have expected one to potentially push for playing time in the second half of the year.

A top 10 pick would have potentially guaranteed Goater, if our recruiters rate him that high.

As it is, our first pick is right on the edge where we “might” (probably) miss out on all the tall, fast, skilful mids. I’m sure we’re not the only team that will be prioritising such kids.

Where our two picks currently sit, fair chance we get a look at one of the second tier KPP’s. And a talented kid who doesn’t fill the glaring need for pace in our midfield.

I think our 2022 first will come in handy in securing who we want.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep we would have.

So if the Blues offered for example 6 + 2nd round for 14/18 would it be worth the trade to secure a mid like Goater?

lionraven

All Australian
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As this thread is closing, let us send some prayers to all our deities that we aren't Freo fans. The Saints of the west. No success and no hope. Can't wait to see who they develop into the next Brownlow winner for another team. Hope Hogan wins a Coleman. Forever trash. Forever pathetic. Forever irrelevant. Forever Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back