Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What data was available on trials and efficacy for Pfizer at the relevant time?

As it stands, we should have put all our eggs in the AZ bucket. And natural immunity.
A fair old amount of trial data was available at the time.

Moderna, and Pfizer were the first out of the gate with preliminary Stage 3 data.

FFS if even I was screeming about early access vaccine purchases and investing in mRNA vaccine manufacturing capacity in mid 2020, surely the feds knew their arse from theor elbow. Pfizer and a handful of biotech companies even gave them a hand.
I think we are being sucked by responding to a troll.

Heaps was available, I followed it all on USA TV, same with Moderna and when J&J stopped their trials due to a problem.

It was all out there, all you had to do was taken an interest. You see, USA did see it as a race.

Of course, thank you Dr Quack.
Of course you did. And I’m sure you assessed the various spruikers’ body language.

We backed one horse.

Anybody with half a brain backs every horse in the race when it comes to the immunisation of 20 million citizens at speed during a global pandemic.

It’s funny that it’s deemed revisionist by the current federal government and their shills whenever their egregious errors are discussed but never when it’s a past mistake made by a Labor government.

Not securing a deal with Pfizer when given the opportunity is not just a minor indiscretion. It sits comfortably alongside the more calamitous decisions made by any government in this country’s history at any level.
I'm not happy either but we didn't back one horse..

But still..the horse you're referring to was our best horse till we shot it out of complacency to manage media stories.

I'm not happy either but we didn't back one horse..

But still..the horse you're referring to was our best horse till we shot it out of complacency to manage media stories.
Vaccine procurement 101 during an outbreak is purchase as widely as possible.

Pfizer even did us the courtesy of making the approach.

This has been an unmitigated and avoidable cluster*.

I,'m pissed that we pulled the plug on the Brisbane vaccine. False positives for HIV that eventually wares off - who cares? Just give the other vaccines to those that are high risk to contract HIV .
It's more about HIV diagnostics.

Plenty of medical screening procedures for surgery, treatment, ongoing patient care where this may cause issues.

The point of the tweet was that Moronison and Hunt were the very ones playing dirty partisan politics.

Moronison and Hunt were told at the time about the availability of Pfizer and he and Hunt turned their backs on it preferring the cheaper AZ. The hindsight palaver is just Scummo blustering. He and Hunt stuffed up massively and the cost to Australians in health terms has been massive. And they had the colossal nerve to berate Vic when they were major contributors to the state we found ourselves in. The question is can this incompetent, mendacious failed corporate executive and duffer of a Health Minister get anything right?

This drivel is the lame language of boring political attack ads. Full of hyperbole and overreach that has the public turn off in droves.. Save it for your ALP branch meetings..

Last edited:
Vaccine procurement 101 during an outbreak is purchase as widely as possible.

Pfizer even did us the courtesy of making the approach.

This has been an unmitigated and avoidable clusterfu**.
Why purchase offshore WHEN YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN?? That option was entirely sensible.

The problem was then effectively taking a sh!t on the vaccine we were making so people didnt want it.

I don't mind partisan hacks getting stuck into the Government but at least do it for the right thing. There's no shortage of material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This drivel is the lame language of boring political attack ads. Full of hyperbole and overreach that jas the public turn off in droves.. Save it for your ALP branch meetings..
The only branch meetings I've been to were Liberal when sis and I were dragged there by our parents. I have never been a member of any political
party. The remainder of your post is diversionary piffle too.

At risk of being thread banned, what a conceited w***er. You identified, with all of the requisite knowledge, that Pfizer was the horse to back, with the billions available?

Piss off.
Lol get ****ed you nuff.

The posts are there and the point was, I never picked a single horse. That's literally what the federal government did wrong.

I said, buy lots of Pfizer, Moderna, AZ and any future promising candidate. If only.

Why purchase offshore WHEN YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN?? That option was entirely sensible.

The problem was then effectively taking a sh!t on the vaccine we were making so people didnt want it.

I don't mind partisan hacks getting stuck into the Government but at least do it for the right thing. There's no shortage of material.
Because you don't simply purchase 1 vaccine.

As was mentioned then and now, coverage offered by a single type may not be absolute.

Likewise, each vaccine will have it's vagueries. Also, the advice was to develop our own mRNA vaccine manufacturing capacity, which would be coming online now.

Because you don't simply purchase 1 vaccine.

As was mentioned then and now, coverage offered by a single type may not be absolute.

Likewise, each vaccine will have it's vagueries. Also, the advice was to develop our own mRNA vaccine manufacturing capacity, which would be coming online now.

But they didn’t just purchase one vaccine…

But they didn’t just purchase one vaccine…
But they didn't purchase broadly enough, of all the promising candidates.

A minimum of 6 was standard practice, including large orders of all those that provided high quality, early, stage 3 results. It's what literally every other OECD country did.

And we were one of the first approached by Pfizer. Before Israel.

How much outrage would there be if Dan Andrews was in charge of buying vaccines and this all happened under his watch?

Well it wouldn’t matter because Victoria would be free if he wasn’t premier so there’d be more vaccines than demand

Although even now there is more than enough Pfizer appointments in Victoria this month, seems they’ve done a massive upload of appointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back