Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll ask again. Is basic comprehension beyond you?

Once again go back and read what I actually said about the “orchid”. That you would even say that merely confirms (yet again) that you don’t know how evolution works.

I’m just having a laugh bro don’t take it to heart. I have been cooped up in this house during lockdown.

And pray tell, from where does this putative authority derive?

Certainly not from its adherence to facts and truth, so where?

Copied from another authority, which was copied from another. Barely anything in it is original. But believers will believe, so let them.

And pray tell, from where does this putative authority derive?

Certainly not from its adherence to facts and truth, so where?

From mans connection to god; so it is written through him.

If it were a concoction of mans imagination; I would of found discrepancy. I find none and if you do, then you can point me to the part of the Bible that is dissonant and we can discuss it.

If it were a concoction of mans imagination; I would of found discrepancy. I find none and if you do, then you can point me to the part of the Bible that is dissonant and we can discuss it.
Oh sheesh. We've just spent ten pages pointing out just some of the bible's manifold errors. You're obviously just sticking your fingers in your ears and going na na na na.

You really don't grasp the difference between fact and feelings.

Christian witness, according to your shining example on these pages, is no different to wilful ignorance.

PS it's "would have", not "would of".

Oh sheesh. We've just spent ten pages pointing out just some of the bible's manifold errors. You're obviously just sticking your fingers in your ears and going na na na na.

Christian witness, according to your shining example on these pages, is no different to wilful ignorance.

This is coming from someone who thinks White butterflies turning to black butterflies are different species.

Same level of science as the woman appearing from a man's rib.

No you have been posting what different Christians think about the Bible. Quote scripture that you think is inconsistent not inconsistencies between faiths.

Should be an easy thing to do considering the manifold errors you suggest.

It goes like this: The book the chapter the verse compared to another.

This is coming from someone who thinks White butterflies turning to black butterflies are different species.

Same level of science as the woman appearing from a man's rib.

I already answered this question. Do you believe a being created to be immortal is human?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam and Eve never existed, i don't believe in anything rubbish. I quoted what Christians believe, not me. If Adam never existed there's nothing to see here. Stop wasting my time.

Ok so go ask those Christians this question or else what are you doing here? are you asking these questions? is anyone asking these questions?

Ok so go ask those Christians this question or else what are you doing here? are you asking these questions? is anyone asking these questions?

Trying to talk to Christians (you are clearly not one). There is literally no point talking to you about the Bible if you don't believe death came to the world through Adam's sin. Central to Christian belief system.

Trying to talk to Christians (you are clearly not one). There is literally no point talking to you about the Bible if you don't believe death came to the world through Adam's sin. Central to Christian belief system.

Are you asking this question? Do you know what spiritual death is? Adam and Eve did not die physically after the expulsion from the garden of eden.

Are you asking this question? Do you know what spiritual death is? Adam and Eve did not die physically after the expulsion from the garden of eden.

I have asked this question and several Christians have answered this already. None agree with you.

Gen. 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The curse was also when god said 'from dust you come to the dust you go'. (Aka physical death).

Not spiritual at all, Paul in Corinthians said, death came to the world through Adam's sin. (Sin came from disobedience, which is a spiritual separation from God).

Last edited:
I have asked this question and several Christians have answered this already. None agree with you.

Gen. 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The curse was also when god said 'from dust you come to the dust you go'. (Aak physical death).

Not spiritual at all, Paul in Corinthians said, came to the world through Adam's sin. (Sin came from disobedience, which is a spiritual separation from God).

Spiritual Separation from god is spiritual death. When Adam and Eve sinned against god they became human and lost their immortality. I will explain what I mean in more detail tonight.

No you have been posting what different Christians think about the Bible. Quote scripture that you think is inconsistent not inconsistencies between faiths.

I don’t need to chapter and verse. One example is sufficient: Creationism is demonstrable horseschitte. Yet your bible claims the world was created by an anthropomorphised god.

Spiritual Separation from god is spiritual death. When Adam and Eve sinned against god they became human and lost their immortality. I will explain what I mean in more detail tonight.

You are now starting to get it, sin is a result of spiritual separation from God, which results in physical death, as well as spiritual death (sinful nature of human beings). Spare me the details, i no intention going through through this with you again.

I don’t need to chapter and verse. One example is sufficient: Creationism is demonstrable horseschitte. Yet your bible claims the world was created by an anthropomorphised god.

in 6 days, then a rib woman came and God started to get pissed off by all their activities.

We’re participating in the incredible story that is life on earth.

Where your thinking comes unstuck is you understand the awesomeness of life on this planet but you erroneously then jump to deciding that that awesomeness has to have “meaning”. Classic human ego. (Albeit, understandable, because we humans have evolved so far it’s natural to think we MUST be special. We’re not. We’re incredible, but we’re just bit players in this huge pageant called life.)

Last edited:
We’re participating in the incredible story that is life on earth.

Where your thinking come unstuck is you understand the awesomeness of life on this planet but you erroneously then jump to deciding that that awesomeness has to have “meaning”. Classic human ego. (Albeit, understandable, because we humans have evolved so far it’s natural to think we MUST be special. We’re not. We’re incredible, but we’re just bit players in this huge pageant called life.)

Life existed long before humans, life will continue on earth long after we are gone. Biggest human fallacy is thinking that we are the center of the universe. Reason why Abrahamic religions are popular but also dogshit.

A simple Google search yields this

I said very clearly and I'll quote it again. I'll underline the key words for you.

"The Old Testament in particular clearly borrows off older mythologies, whether they be Sumerian, Babylonian or the Zoroastrian religion. The parallels are clear."

I've even given you the example of the older story of Prometheus and pointed out the parallels. See that nine letter word beginning with 'p'?

I'll ask again.

Do you dispute that the Adam and Eve story in the Bible is in fact borrowed from older mythologies? If you do dispute it, why?
I don't understand what the problem might be if Christian biblical stories are similar to other cultures.

Suggests common experiences across cultures and their relationship to God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back