Autopsy AFL 2021 2nd Preliminary Final - Port v Dogs Sat September 11th 7:40pm EST / 7:10pm CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 24.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My head says Port's gonna win this one. They're red hot and the Dogs limped into the finals and now Bontempelli's pulled up lame.
BUT, the Bulldogs have mustered a couple of victories and really impressed in their win last week. I think they've got their spunk back.
If they can manage to play around Port's bigs, I think they can pull this one off.
Following my heart here and saying that the Dogs pull of another close one.
This one might come down to the last kick!

My head says Port's gonna win this one. They're red hot and the Dogs limped into the finals and now Bontempelli's pulled up lame.
BUT, the Bulldogs have mustered a couple of victories and really impressed in their win last week. I think they've got their spunk back.
If they can manage to play around Port's bigs, I think they can pull this one off.
Following my heart here and saying that the Dogs pull of another close one.
This one might come down to the last kick!
I'm also probably going to miss that last kick since we're having our second baby right around then!
Couldn't get the doc to reschedule! :sweatsmile:

Wu
Yeah Port have earned their home final actually two home finals :)

Melbourne have earned their home final NOT in 2021
Geelong have earned their home final NOT in 2021
Bulldogs have earned their home final NOT in 2021

How did Port get two home finals this year when no other side in the competition (excluding Brisbane) has had the opportunity to get a home final , this game should be played in Perth
Would you feel the same way if the roles were reversed and port was not able to play at Adelaide and forced instead to play in Melbourne the whole finals series?

Be honest.

Framing a hypothetical Port Adelaide loss as a "choke" seems silly to me. Based on the year's results, the two teams appear pretty evenly matched, with the Dogs performing better in the first part of the season, and the Power better in the final part. Granted, it's a PA home game, and injuries to key WB players in the past few weeks mean that PA go in as deserving favourites, but it's far from a lay-down misère. Whichever team loses, it will be a missed opportunity and a disappointment, but that's always the case in knock-out finals. I fully expect both sides to be at the pointy end of things again in 2022---hopefully in a slightly more normal season.

Do you reckon we are going to hear about how many injuries the WB have at all Saturday? They beat a side with half its forwardline missing plus were down a player on the bench and the media + BF have spent the week shitting on Brisbane for choking. Everyone was happy to sink the boot in when we had 4-6 best 22 missing plus people playing injured (we had to send Hartlett into our forwardline because he could barely walk against Carlton+ Rozee/Houston have been injured for half the year + SPP has been gassed). At the end of the day if their midfield is as good as they have been telling us all year, they will give their forwards some looks and pressure our entries. I'm a bit over the re-writing of history of how we choked last year, even though we were never the favourite, not once. People were writing us off this year, telling us we hadn't beaten any top 8 sides. Then it was we hadn't beaten any top 4. Then when we beat top 4, they were out of form. Then we belted Geelong a week after they dropped a game (and the minor premiership) to the now favorites by a point. At no stage have I heard over the past week, 'I reckon Port are going to win because they are on the highest winning streak of any club' or 'if Port play as well as they did against Geelong they're a fair shake against anyone'. All we have heard about is about how we are at an advantage because of the home ground (we beat WB away last time) and because of injury clouds (Mitch Georgiades is injured, Fantasia clearly managing his knee). Ultimately we have had good luck with injury over the past few years due to a huge focus on our fitness staff. The fact that we had alot of bad luck with knees, ankles, and other impact injuiries this year hasn't effected us as much as other sides because we have built a list with depth all over the ground. Martin is 34 and played 8 games last year, that's why Brisbane were happy to let him go. It's not even a real injury, he was a hail mary stopgap. It's consistent with WB's list management post flag, they've tried to grab other club's handoffs with Cloak, Scahache, Trengove, Bruce, Martin instead of investing in their own. No one gave us a pass when Schulz hardly played a game post 30 or when Ryder was out for a year. They just said it was sh*t list management to not have backups. The WB get the same salary cap as everyone else. The lack of depth in the KPPs is the reason they can fit 197 good midfielders into their cap.

I'm a bit bored of hearing rubbish like we should commit ritual suicide if we lose and if we win, it doesn't matter anyway.

That is quite the meltdown.

I'm also probably going to miss that last kick since we're having our second baby right around then!

Good luck.

Just be careful if you get asked for a baby name at the inopportune time.

"Aw lovely. Have you chosen a name?"
"Oraaaazzzziiioooooo......." (wrong team i know)

Last edited:
Been a long and tumultuous year and I’m exhausted from it in all honesty.

Hoping it’s a good game, a win would be nice. I think we are rightfully underdogs and outside of the unavoidable covid travels we’ve got nobody to blame for that but ourselves.

But we beat Buddy and Tippett with Fletcher Roberts and Joel Hamling so anything is possible.

Worst case scenario we made a preliminary final. Best case we are in a grand final. Same goes for you Port fans. Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Framing a hypothetical Port Adelaide loss as a "choke" seems silly to me. Based on the year's results, the two teams appear pretty evenly matched, with the Dogs performing better in the first part of the season, and the Power better in the final part. Granted, it's a PA home game, and injuries to key WB players in the past few weeks mean that PA go in as deserving favourites, but it's far from a lay-down misère. Whichever team loses, it will be a missed opportunity and a disappointment, but that's always the case in knock-out finals. I fully expect both sides to be at the pointy end of things again in 2022---hopefully in a slightly more normal season.
If we lose this, Port were my choice as my "2nd team" for this finals series anyway, so I'd hope the winner of this game wins the flag.

Do you reckon we are going to hear about how many injuries the WB have at all Saturday? They beat a side with half its forwardline missing plus were down a player on the bench and the media + BF have spent the week shitting on Brisbane for choking. Everyone was happy to sink the boot in when we had 4-6 best 22 missing plus people playing injured (we had to send Hartlett into our forwardline because he could barely walk against Carlton+ Rozee/Houston have been injured for half the year + SPP has been gassed). At the end of the day if their midfield is as good as they have been telling us all year, they will give their forwards some looks and pressure our entries. I'm a bit over the re-writing of history of how we choked last year, even though we were never the favourite, not once. People were writing us off this year, telling us we hadn't beaten any top 8 sides. Then it was we hadn't beaten any top 4. Then when we beat top 4, they were out of form. Then we belted Geelong a week after they dropped a game (and the minor premiership) to the now favorites by a point. At no stage have I heard over the past week, 'I reckon Port are going to win because they are on the highest winning streak of any club' or 'if Port play as well as they did against Geelong they're a fair shake against anyone'. All we have heard about is about how we are at an advantage because of the home ground (we beat WB away last time) and because of injury clouds (Mitch Georgiades is injured, Fantasia clearly managing his knee). Ultimately we have had good luck with injury over the past few years due to a huge focus on our fitness staff. The fact that we had alot of bad luck with knees, ankles, and other impact injuiries this year hasn't effected us as much as other sides because we have built a list with depth all over the ground. Martin is 34 and played 8 games last year, that's why Brisbane were happy to let him go. It's not even a real injury, he was a hail mary stopgap. It's consistent with WB's list management post flag, they've tried to grab other club's handoffs with Cloak, Scahache, Trengove, Bruce, Martin instead of investing in their own. No one gave us a pass when Schulz hardly played a game post 30 or when Ryder was out for a year. They just said it was sh*t list management to not have backups. The WB get the same salary cap as everyone else. The lack of depth in the KPPs is the reason they can fit 197 good midfielders into their cap.

I'm a bit bored of hearing rubbish like we should commit ritual suicide if we lose and if we win, it doesn't matter anyway.
Youre definitely favourites this week. Every media outlet Ive listened to has said it. Fit list, week off, home ground. So Im not sure why youre all pissed at the media not rapping Port, clearly youre favourites.
How were you not favourites last year? How many weeks did you sit on top of the ladder?
And anyway, does it matter at all? No. Relax and stop feeling persecuted, enjoy the game. You have every reason to be relaxed.

But if you dont win saturday that will be a total choke. Media pile on will be huge ;) Weve got nothing to lose, were expected to lose, pressures all on Port. And if youre any example youve already lost the plot.

If we lose this, Port were my choice as my "2nd team" for this finals series anyway, so I'd hope the winner of this game wins the flag.
I’m with you mate , can’t stand Geelong. Don’t mind the dees as a club but the supporters on here have it out for the doggies and have had one hand on the cup since round 10 . If we lose I’ll be rooting for port

Ahh missed opportunities the Port Adelaide way,

In all honesty Bulldogs should be favourites coz have proven to be able to win a premiership
Our team of 5 years ago was a completely different beast. Only 10 of our named 26 played that year. Port is the deserved favourite. The games at home, partisan crowd, no injuries to speak of, week off to rest, no travel in a month (?). None of those things apply to us. Youre favourites. But were a chance. Stefs a big in, Alex is a big out, should be a cracking game.

Your mobile will be your friend. Look at it while shes in contractions, she wont notice a thing. But FFS DO NOT GET CAUGHT DOING IT!

Hopefully after the game you'll be brimming with pride,
NURSE - "Whats his name sir?",
YOU - "First name The, second name Bont"
You might also end up with a girl named Marcus, or Stefan, or Jackson, or Bailey (actually those last 2 would work ;))

Good luck to you both.

Youre definitely favourites this week. Every media outlet Ive listened to has said it. Fit list, week off, home ground. So Im not sure why youre all pissed at the media not rapping Port, clearly youre favourites.
How were you not favourites last year? How many weeks did you sit on top of the ladder?
And anyway, does it matter at all? No. Relax and stop feeling persecuted, enjoy the game. You have every reason to be relaxed.

But if you dont win saturday that will be a total choke. Media pile on will be huge ;) Weve got nothing to lose, were expected to lose, pressures all on Port. And if youre any example youve already lost the plot.
Is this the part of the thread where both supporters are trying to claim underdog status?

No Captains run allowed for the Dogs at Adelaide Oval today?

Is the SA Health Minister a Port supporter?

Cannot fathom a reason for this that makes sense and doesnt sound paranoid.

Thoughts?
Imagine if the roles were reversed and the Vic Govt made this call against a nonVic club.

Holy crap the tin foil hat crew in here would explode.

No Captains run allowed for the Dogs at Adelaide Oval today?

Is the SA Health Minister a Port supporter?

Cannot fathom a reason for this that makes sense and doesnt sound paranoid.

Thoughts?
The CHO doesn't know the difference between the Brisbane Lions and the Brisbane Bullets. The same one that told everyone to duck if the ball comes into the crowd. She knows nothing about football.

Back