Autopsy AFL 2021 2nd Preliminary Final - Port v Dogs Sat September 11th 7:40pm EST / 7:10pm CST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 24.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
The CHO doesn't know the difference between the Brisbane Lions and the Brisbane Bullets. The same one that told everyone to duck if the ball comes into the crowd. She knows nothing about football.
It just doesn't actually make any sense whatsoever. We've now been 14 days away from Victoria and have been in quarantine the entire time. Also no contact with the general public.

It just doesn't actually make any sense whatsoever. We've now been 14 days away from Victoria and have been in quarantine the entire time. Also no contact with the general public.
Yeah I agree. I'm no anti vax covid conspiracy nut, but she's lost control. We should be allowed to have a full house tomorrow night considering we've had no community transmission for over a month now.

lethalsax

Debutant
May 27, 2021
Jacksonville, FL USA
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Your mobile will be your friend. Look at it while shes in contractions, she wont notice a thing. But FFS DO NOT GET CAUGHT DOING IT!

Hopefully after the game you'll be brimming with pride,
NURSE - "Whats his name sir?",
YOU - "First name The, second name Bont"
You might also end up with a girl named Marcus, or Stefan, or Jackson, or Bailey (actually those last 2 would work ;))

Good luck to you both.

‘The Bont’

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Been feeling the Dogs in a struggle all week, actually. Just got that feeling about it. Either that or Port run away, but I dunno, I think the Dogs won't make it easy.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Dogs saying they not taking any risk playing Bont.

Turn it up. It's a risk for sure. He could bearly walk last week. Not fooling anyone.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
Barely walk? He went off with some acute pain with 2 minutes to go, went off and was then walking with an incredibly slight limp 5 minutes after the game. I think he’ll be okay.

PrisonBars4life

Club Legend
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Youre definitely favourites this week. Every media outlet Ive listened to has said it. Fit list, week off, home ground. So Im not sure why youre all pissed at the media not rapping Port, clearly youre favourites.
How were you not favourites last year? How many weeks did you sit on top of the ladder?
And anyway, does it matter at all? No. Relax and stop feeling persecuted, enjoy the game. You have every reason to be relaxed.

But if you dont win saturday that will be a total choke. Media pile on will be huge ;) Weve got nothing to lose, were expected to lose, pressures all on Port. And if youre any example youve already lost the plot.

The bold is the point. When did we become favourites? Was it when we smashed Geelong off the park, having beaten you on your home ground the week earlier. Or was it 24-48 hours ago when people started to see your outs/ players who are carrying something. It's not us being good, it's the WB being held back and by us having the supposedly unfair advantage of playing on our home ground as the top seed. The media have no ******* idea, and ultimately the public are influenced by the media because they're sheep. It is something that is pretty consistent through Hinkley's tenure. It happened in 2014 when all our KPPs got injured at once at we went from 1st to 5th and everyone said we were gassed. In that 11-4 run in 2018, we suffered massive injuries and got run over the top by West Coast when we hardly had a bench(but we choked). I can remember in 2017 when we rolled West Coast at Subiaco in a 4.35pm Sunday timeslot and they dropped out of the 8 due to us being the last game for the week. The 'they've beaten noone in the 8' was the usual slur and the excitement in Dwayne Russell's (supposedly our guy, but everyone associated with Port hate him) voice when he realized he didn't have to count it as a top 8 win was extraordinary. 2020, we were never favorites, not once. We were joking about it on the Port Board at the time, assuming Brisbane would beat Geelong and we were joking that if we beat Richmond we would have gone the entire season ontop of the ladder and never been the favourite. What do people say about those years now? That we choked, everyone secretly believed in us all along.

We've used the injury sub the most of anyone this year and people were trying to use that as evidence we were gaming the system. People were happy to discount our outs when we were losing. People were happy to credit Richmond as one of the premiership favorites from 10th when they were playing trash, whilst we were no chance at 5th, and Sydney were a smokey, despite the fact we had recently beaten both of them (despite not beaten any 'genuine contenders'. I keep on hearing how we have no injuries. Don't we? Rockliff hasn't fired a shot this year because of injury. Fully fit he's as good as any midfielder you have that is not Bontempelli or Mcrae. Hartlett, despite being technically available, has barely fired a shot because his body is cooked. They are both 3 and 4 years younger than Martin respectively, so they count. That's 1.1mil p/a in salary sitting on the pine. Georgiades is our 2nd best KPF(and 3rd overall) and for all intents and purposes is your Naughton, or Geelong's Cameron. Fantasia's knee is being held together by some gaffa tape. He's our 2nd best forward this year. For half a season, Dixon, has been limping as badly as Bont probably will be halfway through games. The only person who has mentioned it was Kane Cornes calling Hinkley an idiot for putting him in a centre square bounce with a ****ed ankle. There is still a question as to whether Gray/ Duursma/ Butters/ Rozee are fully fit as well. No one gave us a pass for that. Noone gave a pass to Brisbane for having their entire forwardline out.

Why am I telling you this, why am I pissed off? The most logical thing that will happen, is both Melbourne and Port play in a GF and we lose. You won't hear a thing about their run with injury this year, not 1 bit. Whatever happens, people will try and diminish us. If we lose to the WB, we choked and will get torn apart. If we win, but then lose to Melbourne, it will be a 'see they were just lucky, they didn't beat anyone all year (despite beating most of the top 8)'. If we win a flag, it will be 'they got lucky, they got to sleep in their beds, they got to play at home, they played teams with injuries'. By that point I probably won't care, but those arguments will magically disappear if we play a GF at the MCG next year from 1st place. You will never hear those claims again and if we dare to bring it up we will be told that you 'have to win everywhere' whilst our opponents will play 5 games away from home (and probably lose 2-3 of them). We're set up so the only way we 'win' is to win a flag, and even then, there is an asterix against it. We get s**t on for 20-23 rounds of the year and then suddenly we become unbackable favorites and not winning a flag (despite being told we can't win a flag all year) suddenly becomes something worthy of derision.

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I guess NOW its an issue, as its a Victorian club that is inconvenienced.

I look forward to Luke Beveridge supporting the 8 non-Victorian clubs in ensuring their access to the MCG before ANY game.

I know that when the extension to the MCG Grand Final contract was signed in 2019, one of the "assurances" and "pledges" given to the non-Vic clubs were about access to the ground in the build-up to MCG matches.
And yet week after week, requests were denied on the MCG policy (not the AFL's) of not allowing access to the ground when there is another match being played on the same day.
So given almost all of those few MCG games involving Port Adelaide / West Coast / etc are on a Saturday or Sunday, they were NEVER allowed to train on the Friday or Saturday because there were MCG games scheduled.

So what do I think? Bulldogs can go jump.
And what do I know? No Vic-based media outlet will mention the above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
The bold is the point. When did we become favourites? Was it when we smashed Geelong off the park, having beaten you on your home ground the week earlier. Or was it 24-48 hours ago when people started to see your outs/ players who are carrying something. It's not us being good, it's the WB being held back and by us having the supposedly unfair advantage of playing on our home ground as the top seed. The media have no ******* idea, and ultimately the public are influenced by the media because they're sheep. It is something that is pretty consistent through Hinkley's tenure. It happened in 2014 when all our KPPs got injured at once at we went from 1st to 5th and everyone said we were gassed. In that 11-4 run in 2018, we suffered massive injuries and got run over the top by West Coast when we hardly had a bench(but we choked). I can remember in 2017 when we rolled West Coast at Subiaco in a 4.35pm Sunday timeslot and they dropped out of the 8 due to us being the last game for the week. The 'they've beaten noone in the 8' was the usual slur and the excitement in Dwayne Russell's (supposedly our guy, but everyone associated with Port hate him) voice when he realized he didn't have to count it as a top 8 win was extraordinary. 2020, we were never favorites, not once. We were joking about it on the Port Board at the time, assuming Brisbane would beat Geelong and we were joking that if we beat Richmond we would have gone the entire season ontop of the ladder and never been the favourite. What do people say about those years now? That we choked, everyone secretly believed in us all along.

We've used the injury sub the most of anyone this year and people were trying to use that as evidence we were gaming the system. People were happy to discount our outs when we were losing. People were happy to credit Richmond as one of the premiership favorites from 10th when they were playing trash, whilst we were no chance at 5th, and Sydney were a smokey, despite the fact we had recently beaten both of them (despite not beaten any 'genuine contenders'. I keep on hearing how we have no injuries. Don't we? Rockliff hasn't fired a shot this year because of injury. Fully fit he's as good as any midfielder you have that is not Bontempelli or Mcrae. Hartlett, despite being technically available, has barely fired a shot because his body is cooked. They are both 3 and 4 years younger than Martin respectively, so they count. That's 1.1mil p/a in salary sitting on the pine. Georgiades is our 2nd best KPF(and 3rd overall) and for all intents and purposes is your Naughton, or Geelong's Cameron. Fantasia's knee is being held together by some gaffa tape. He's our 2nd best forward this year. For half a season, Dixon, has been limping as badly as Bont probably will be halfway through games. The only person who has mentioned it was Kane Cornes calling Hinkley an idiot for putting him in a centre square bounce with a f’ed ankle. There is still a question as to whether Gray/ Duursma/ Butters/ Rozee are fully fit as well. No one gave us a pass for that. Noone gave a pass to Brisbane for having their entire forwardline out.

Why am I telling you this, why am I pissed off? The most logical thing that will happen, is both Melbourne and Port play in a GF and we lose. You won't hear a thing about their run with injury this year, not 1 bit. Whatever happens, people will try and diminish us. If we lose to the WB, we choked and will get torn apart. If we win, but then lose to Melbourne, it will be a 'see they were just lucky, they didn't beat anyone all year (despite beating most of the top 8)'. If we win a flag, it will be 'they got lucky, they got to sleep in their beds, they got to play at home, they played teams with injuries'. By that point I probably won't care, but those arguments will magically disappear if we play a GF at the MCG next year from 1st place. You will never hear those claims again and if we dare to bring it up we will be told that you 'have to win everywhere' whilst our opponents will play 5 games away from home (and probably lose 2-3 of them). We're set up so the only way we 'win' is to win a flag, and even then, there is an asterix against it. We get sh*t on for 20-23 rounds of the year and then suddenly we become unbackable favorites and not winning a flag (despite being told we can't win a flag all year) suddenly becomes something worthy of derision.
Take it from me mate.

If you win the flag, you will never get to enjoy it the way you expect to. There are always people telling you why you won it and it's never because you were the best team all year.

If you beat us and then win the flag, most rational footy supporters will understand that you deserve it and you should too.

Have things gone your way a bit more than other teams? Potentially. But we've got the biggest umpiring differential in the league this year which is something that's gone our way. In 2016 the pre-finals bye (despite many conspiracy theorists ridiculously suggesting it was the reason we won) benefited us slightly. It is what it is.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
I hope they do too. He generally responds to these sorts of treatments.

Also it was his calf that was injured, not his knee.

You do drink the bathwater dont you.

Lol...righto....cos the club tells everyone the truth....oldest trick in the book in finals.....as if they will be 100% transparent.

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I could understand if we were an MCG tenant but we aren't. It's not like it's Richmond not being able to train. Don't lump all Vic teams into one category bruz.
Thanks for the rationale response.

Vic teams play between 3 - 17 games yes, WB at the lower end. But get the opportunity to train on the ground all the time.
If the Bulldogs play a game on Saturday there for example, they have a training run on the Thursday. And don't have to travel 700-4000 kms to have it.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
You do drink the bathwater dont you.

Lol...righto....cos the club tells everyone the truth....oldest trick in the book in finals.....as if they will be 100% transparent.
How is it that me suggesting Bontempelli responds to treatment equate to drinking any bathwater? Do you want me to provide proof?

And it's pretty easy to see that it was his calf.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
How is it that me suggesting Bontempelli responds to treatment equate to drinking any bathwater? Do you want me to provide proof?

And it's pretty easy to see that it was his calf.

No one gives a * how he responded in the past...its how he will respond to heavy treatment this week that matters.

Its pretty easy to see the dogs will win via umps this weekend.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Thanks for the rationale response.

Vic teams play between 3 - 17 games yes, WB at the lower end. But get the opportunity to train on the ground all the time.
If the Bulldogs play a game on Saturday there for example, they have a training run on the Thursday. And don't have to travel 700-4000 kms to have it.
We play generally 3 games a season at the MCG. I dare say most interstate clubs would do the same. There would be a few exceptions obviously.

In any case. I don't think this view of "Bulldogs can go jump" is the right mindset at all. All teams should have the opportunity to train at a ground they are playing at. The fact that it frustrates you that Port don't get the opportunity suggests a change needs to be made. A change I agree with.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
No one gives a fu** how he responded in the past...its how he will respond to heavy treatment this week that matters.

Its pretty easy to see the dogs will win via umps this weekend.
What are you even talking about? I said he generally responds to these sorts of things. You suggested that was me drinking bath water. How?

If he has a history of responding to these things, then what was false about what I wrote?

If you want to actually have a conversation about 2016 man, I'm happy to, but chill out.

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

We've used the injury sub the most of anyone this year and people were trying to use that as evidence we were gaming the system. People were happy to discount our outs when we were losing. People were happy to credit Richmond as one of the premiership favorites from 10th when they were playing trash, whilst we were no chance at 5th, and Sydney were a smokey, despite the fact we had recently beaten both of them (despite not beaten any 'genuine contenders'. I keep on hearing how we have no injuries. Don't we? Rockliff hasn't fired a shot this year because of injury. Fully fit he's as good as any midfielder you have that is not Bontempelli or Mcrae. Hartlett, despite being technically available, has barely fired a shot because his body is cooked. They are both 3 and 4 years younger than Martin respectively, so they count. That's 1.1mil p/a in salary sitting on the pine. Georgiades is our 2nd best KPF(and 3rd overall) and for all intents and purposes is your Naughton, or Geelong's Cameron. Fantasia's knee is being held together by some gaffa tape. He's our 2nd best forward this year. For half a season, Dixon, has been limping as badly as Bont probably will be halfway through games. The only person who has mentioned it was Kane Cornes calling Hinkley an idiot for putting him in a centre square bounce with a f’ed ankle. There is still a question as to whether Gray/ Duursma/ Butters/ Rozee are fully fit as well. No one gave us a pass for that. Noone gave a pass to Brisbane for having their entire forwardline out.

Why am I telling you this, why am I pissed off? The most logical thing that will happen, is both Melbourne and Port play in a GF and we lose. You won't hear a thing about their run with injury this year, not 1 bit. Whatever happens, people will try and diminish us. If we lose to the WB, we choked and will get torn apart. If we win, but then lose to Melbourne, it will be a 'see they were just lucky, they didn't beat anyone all year (despite beating most of the top 8)'. If we win a flag, it will be 'they got lucky, they got to sleep in their beds, they got to play at home, they played teams with injuries'. By that point I probably won't care, but those arguments will magically disappear if we play a GF at the MCG next year from 1st place. You will never hear those claims again and if we dare to bring it up we will be told that you 'have to win everywhere' whilst our opponents will play 5 games away from home (and probably lose 2-3 of them). We're set up so the only way we 'win' is to win a flag, and even then, there is an asterix against it. We get sh*t on for 20-23 rounds of the year and then suddenly we become unbackable favorites and not winning a flag (despite being told we can't win a flag all year) suddenly becomes something worthy of derision.
Geez. If only you could channel this passion into something that is more worth your time.

PrisonBars4life

Club Legend
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Take it from me mate.

If you win the flag, you will never get to enjoy it the way you expect to. There are always people telling you why you won it and it's never because you were the best team all year.

If you beat us and then win the flag, most rational footy supporters will understand that you deserve it and you should too.

Have things gone your way a bit more than other teams? Potentially. But we've got the biggest umpiring differential in the league this year which is something that's gone our way. In 2016 the pre-finals bye (despite many conspiracy theorists ridiculously suggesting it was the reason we won) benefited us slightly. It is what it is.

A reasonable enough post, but the reality is prevailing opinion defines history. Which umpire made which decision, whose knee was stuffed, all these things will be forgotten. All that will be left is the result and the footage and people will see it's Optus and remember it as one of the 'Covid Years'. If anyone looks further into it, they will read the newspaper archives that Port (hopefully) beat a undermanned Bulldogs outfit and then went on to beat Melbourne at a neutral venue. We know that will be the discussion, because it's been rubbed in our faces for 2 full seasons. Even Hinkley is clearly getting sick of it and he's a suck up. By his standards he had a decent crack at reporters trying that line where they ask 'what do you think about x coach of y club whinging about Adelaide's restrictions'.

Back