Autopsy AFL 2021 First Preliminary Final - Demons v Cats Fri September 10th 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 40.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed, what a dick. North never said Brown wasn't good enough to play for us. We said we didn't think he was worth the 850K/year his manager was demanding. Correct decision not to re-sign him on that money. He goes to Melbourne for 500K.

I like Browny, hope he gets a flag.

You do wonder if Gawn has missed that goal after the siren against Geelong a few weeks back things may be different tonight???
These things go together. We pulled off tonight because we’re the kind of side who could pull off R23.

Well done for fronting up all night mate - that would have been hard. Not only to lose, but the manner of the loss and probably the realisation that the approach is probably going to have to change.

P.S. Also thought Isaac Smith did ok. 33 year old outside player who ran hard and got 23 and 1.

thanks mate, no point making excuses after a game like that it was there for all to see, I’m incredibly disappointed but hey I guess a few of the sides 11-12 years ago probably went through the same thing at times playing us.
Smith was very good yes, he has not been a bust at all as a recruit. Seems classy, buys in, runs his arse off every week. I’d give him another year just as a reward for how much effort he applied this year.

Will Schofield, you’re an absolute tool

Ed, what a dick. North never said Brown wasn't good enough to play for us. We said we didn't think he was worth the 850K/year his manager was demanding. Correct decision not to re-sign him on that money. He goes to Melbourne for 500K.

I like Browny, hope he gets a flag.

What would you have settled for north paying for him (I don’t think he’s worth that much either fwiw)

Yeah nah. I'm good barracking within the rules. Nothing Ive posted goes beyond what other neutrals have. Just because you think it, doesn't make it true.

Tighten that cape hero.

I'm not quite sure you know what the term "barracking" means when referring to sport.

Also... I'm not so sure I'd classify you as a "neutral" in this thread.

Eeek Melbourne celebrating like they're already holding the premiership cup. They beat Geelong...... gotta bottle it up and let the emotions out IF they win the big one!
You literally spent most of the season saying it was Geelong's flag to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A team getting excited about playing in their first GF in over 20 years. Awful isnt it? Not every player group and their supporters are lucky enough to be in GF s and win flags several times a decade you arrogant flog.

History has shown that the team that has the "easier" preliminary final, often gets thrashed in the grand final itself.

Port Adelaide in 2007
Fremantle 2013
Sydney 2014
West Coast 2015
Sydney 2016
Adelaide 2017
Geelong 2020

I'm just saying that the job isn't done. They've got one more game to go before the lid can come well and truly off.

You literally spent most of the season saying it was Geelong's flag to lose.

You don't know me very well ;) :D
Stevie Wonder could see that Geelong would falter in September, it's a tradition.

If dogs do make the GF which is doubtful it would not matter if Peter Gordon, Doug Hawkins and Libba umpired they would not get within a bulls roar of Melbourne.
Melbourne's the only team beating Melbourne in a couple weeks.
Both Port and the Dogs are good enough to take advantage if Melbourne dogs it, but this seemed like a prime opportunity for that to happen and they came out with rockets in their boots.

Back