Game Day Around The Grounds - The Prelims 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Neutrals + Dee's fans around the country tonight.

sleep-sleeping-time.gif

couldn't give a rats arse what they do - scott is too arrogant to make major changes............
He’s put all the chips in, they will go all out for a crack at it again next year…

I think he’ll be to arrogant again next year in playing more of the kids once again, stamping his papers…

He got given a premiership team on a platter who has decided to keep topping up every year with older/other players from other clubs to keep them competitive, which in the end most likely will hurt them with anymore ultimate success…

You live by the sword…

Despite making it to another PF, I think the time has arrived when the Cats have to start taking their medicine. You are in a world of pain if Max Gawn is kicking 5 goals against you (no disrespect meant to Gawn).

It will be interesting to see how much bloodletting occurs down at the Cattery in the coming days/weeks.

Who'd have thought this Geelong team was entirely dependent on a bloke who didn't get drafted until he was 23 but here we are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee it feels great to say we're going to have two new grand finalists this year.

Watched the replay in full last night. That may have been the most complete final's performance by one club since Geelong d. Port

Go Melbourne.

Don't want to make excuses Chris?...but that's the 1st thing you did.

Wonder what he is talking about.

1. Tom Stewart. Their season was toast the moment he got injured. He's the only modern, tough, key defender they have on their list. Nobody comes close to his skill set and mentality.

2. An over reliance on the likes of Henderson and Blicavs to play those positions. They can fill the role admirably during the H&A season but they'll, especially Henderson, get found out in finals.

3. Like many clubs at this end of the season they had players carrying some pretty serious injuries. Danger hasn't been close to his best much, for example.

4. Their list management is out of kilter. Nothing wrong with topping up with the Smith's and Highins's but to not have a second genuine modern defender is extremely poor.

5. He's pointing the finger at high performance. I expect them to have some staff turnover there.

I don't think these are excuses. He understands that you play with the cards you're dealt but they are reasons why an up and about Melbourne destroyed them

Looks like Nathan Jones has been told that he won't be selected for the Grand Final and is heading home for the birth of his Twins.

Feel sad for him but this is what selection integrity and building a culture focused on success looks like.

Almost positive a Hafey Richmond team flogged Geelong by ( guessing) 118 points in a First Semi Final, maybe 1969? I recall because mum was Richmond and it was a big number. Great to see them once more annihilated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back