Autopsy AFL 2021 First Preliminary Final - Demons v Cats Fri September 10th 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 40.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordon came on for May

That’s fair you couldn’t begrudge the squad from tonight after the way It played. The amount of times I watched us utterly hammer Melbourne though and the one guy who routinely fronted up, won the ball, tackled, chased and threw his body into the contest every time was Nathan Jones so I’d love there to be a circumstance in which he got a game

That’s fair you couldn’t begrudge the squad from tonight after the way It played. The amount of times I watched us utterly hammer Melbourne though and the one guy who routinely fronted up, won the ball, tackled, chased and threw his body into the contest every time was Nathan Jones so I’d love there to be a circumstance in which he got a game
I get the sentimental reasons fans wants Jones to play in the GF but, unless there is an injury, it just cannot happen.

It was like the Abbey Road of sh*t finals performances
And Chris Scott just spent the presser alluding to mysterious issues that he cant talk about right now. He would never want to make excuses though, oh no, but if he says anything it will be construed as an excuse. So he won't say anything. Nothing at all.

Except to say, and just before we start, the bus is waiting so let's make it quick.

So unaccountable to his members.

The media is just as culpable though. Not a single question about if he intends to spend another 10 years in the job not winning the flag before he gives someone else a chance to refresh the list and the gameplan. I reckon a bunch of Geelong members would have liked that question to be asked, and to be answered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Chris Scott just spent the presser alluding to mysterious issues that he cant talk about right now. He would never want to make excuses though, oh no, but if he says anything it will be construed as an excuse. So he won't say anything. Nothing at all.

Except to say, and just before we start, the bus is waiting so let's make it quick.

So unaccountable to his members.

The media is just as culpable though. Not a single question about if he intends to spend another 10 years in the job not winning the flag before he gives someone else a chance to refresh the list and the gameplan. I reckon a bunch of Geelong members would have liked that question to be asked, and to be answered.

It’s a post match presser not a resigning announcement. How much time in the intervening 45 minutes, in which he also addresses his players, do you think he’s spent sitting down napping out the course of his career?

Agree 100%. Melbourne can win several different ways in this form and with this level of confidence.

But if whichever of Port or the Dogs make it have the discipline to hammer Melbourne’s weaknesses all game, they can absolutely win.

Port need to go forward through the flanks and pockets because they have the small to medium forwards to trouble Melbourne.

Bulldogs need to go forward using hands and run to get Melbourne’s defence stuck in between for positioning.

If Port bomb to Dixon and co, they will be stuffed. Ditto Dogs to Naughton.

At the other end the Bulldogs backline looks really shaky against Melbourne’s forwards. Port look like they have better match ups.

Midfields all pretty similar with Gawn/Jackson a point of difference. Bulldogs were deeper there but injury and form has taken that depth advantage away.
So you’re saying out of the three teams left in the season, there are potentially three teams that can win it?

big news if true

As someone who switches off in the off season, can someone tell me what the Brown to Melbourne process was? I don’t think he’s a world beater but I couldn’t believe that there wasn’t a handful of sides looking at him
He said in a podcast that he “talked” to a couple of teams. It kind of felt like two tops, the way he was describing it. He probably had other suitors contact his manager though

It’s a post match presser not a resigning announcement. How much time in the intervening 45 minutes, in which he also addresses his players, do you think he’s spent sitting down napping out the course of his career?
He was never challenged on the future anyway, and then they switch back to foxtel media out of Scott's earshot, and then it's all macho big calls 'too old, gameplan cant win finals' etc.

You and Scott are right that it is not the time for radical proclamations, but I do think he uses that as a wall to hide behind as well.

Good that he didn't rinse a particular player for example, but thought he could have said something like 'I thought Dangerfield played really well' and then say nothing else, so by omission express disappointment in the efforts of others.

He was never challenged on the future anyway, and then they switch back to foxtel media out of Scott's earshot, and then it's all macho big calls 'too old, gameplan cant win finals' etc.

You and Scott are right that it is not the time for radical proclamations, but I do think he uses that as a wall to hide behind as well.

Good that he didn't rinse a particular player for example, but thought he could have said something like 'I thought Dangerfield played really well' and then say nothing else, so by omission express disappointment in the efforts of others.

I think that sort of stuff went without saying. There was no glaring match ups that stood out tonight because we simply lost basically all of them. Dangerfield in the circumstances was magnificent, smith and Zac Guthrie and Duncan to an extent tried hard, the only forward who got anywhere near it was Hawkins and he was generally against 2-3 blokes. That was team wide mediocrity at its finest tonight and to me Scott looked pretty broken

Back