Universal Love Grand final week general discussion - Opposition supporters welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything and everything grand final week can be discussed here, well wishes, plans, cheese platters and so on. On cheese platters LeverPuller might have a awesome thread/comp idea!

Sincerely excited for all of you guys. You've had a sometimes rocky road to get to this point, and it looks like you can strap in and enjoy the view because your boys are the real deal and I cant see anyone stopping that train for a long time.
We are all behind you guys, I'm looking forward to watching this super exciting team romp home the fairytale.

Wish you guys could actually be there, having experienced GF joy myself. There's nothing like it

If we make it and we lose to you mob I won’t be disappointed. You’re a phenomenal football team. That’s how Aussie Rules should be played.

Congratulations all. A little bit of me doesn't want my club to have the stamp of longest premiership drought but I do know what it feels like to be without a flag for so long so all the best in a couple weeks.

Wondering if Nathan Jones will get up? Would almost feel obliged to have him as at least the medi sub, tragic if he misses out on this opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations all. A little bit of me doesn't want my club to have the stamp of longest premiership drought but I do know what it feels like to be without a flag for so long so all the best in a couple weeks.

Wondering if Nathan Jones will get up? Would almost feel obliged to have him as at least the medi sub, tragic if he misses out on this opportunity.
Looking like he will be going home to Melbourne to be with his pregnant wife and won't be able to make the GF due to quarantine restrictions in WA.

This is the first GF in my life that we are a genuine threat. 88 was, well…88. 2000 was also never going to happen so this is a new experience for us. I’m in Alice Springs and flying to Perth for a holiday on the day of the GF. Hoping to get a priority 2 ticket to watch the game. If someone told me in January that this was a possibility I would have recommended an asylum. Strange days indeed.

Realistically is there any chance at all Nathan Jones gets gifted this game?
Personally, I'd love to see it. The way he stuck with the Dee's, for a long time he was pretty much the only shining light on field. I'd love to see him get named for the GF, even if he's the medical sub.
He won't be the difference between you guys winning or losing, the way he stuck with the team through his whole career, despite how poor the team was for a significant period, he deserves it.

Thoughts?

Hard to imagine Nathan Jones getting picked. Imagine if they pick him after being on the outer all year and he's not able to pull his weight? This current Melbourne group seems too professional for that sort of romantic gesture.
I’m sure they get around him if/when they win it. Would be nice to see.

I thought Goody really sounded like he wanted Chunk to stay in the presser. One midfield injury and he is medi-sub, Jordon in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back