Prediction PSD pick 1: Best 18 year old not drafted in ND?

Who to take with PSD pick 1

• Sydney Stack

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Jarrod Brander

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Max Lynch

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Worked at Jarrod Branders grandparents this week as he is from the area. If he doesn't get a promise of more game time this coming season he WILL be coming back to Vic. His dad is a mad North man, his nan and pop Geelong. We could be right in this if he decides to leave.
Brady be all over this one

There’s still some handy players

16 players in the poll getting any of them for free would be decent
I think all of them bar Stack would be a stop-gap at best. Stack is a jet, but will his past hinder his opportunities going forward?

I watch all the Eagles games and Brander does some nice things, he’s more of a utility down back and forward. WCE have some of the best talls in the league with Barass, McGovern, Darling, Kennedy and Oscar Allen, so they take a lot of the heat off him.

If we expected Brander to come in and be a gun from day 1 of preseason then he would get immediate whipping boy status..

I think all of them bar Stack would be a stop-gap at best. Stack is a jet, but will his past hinder his opportunities going forward?

I watch all the Eagles games and Brander does some nice things, he’s more of a utility down back and forward. WCE have some of the best talls in the league with Barass, McGovern, Darling, Kennedy and Oscar Allen, so they take a lot of the heat off him.

If we expected Brander to come in and be a gun from day 1 of preseason then he would get immediate whipping boy status..

Most of them would be recruiting for the sake of it. You need to ask what the defined role for the player is for the next 5-10 years. We’ve years ahead of us to be adding Polly filler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Flynn would be perfect for our rebuild and he’s ready to go.
Might be a bit hard when he says things like this from 2019...

Flynn said he’s excited to extend his time at the club (GWS) he has been a part of since he was 12-years-old.

Most of them would be recruiting for the sake of it. You need to ask what the defined role for the player is for the next 5-10 years. We’ve years ahead of us to be adding Polly filler.

yes well Polly Filler could play man, 101 games for the cats. So not sure of your point? We need to find the next quirky character ala Jaspers.

So for mine it has to be Quinten 'F@rk' Narkle

yes well Polly Filler could play man, 101 games for the cats. So not sure of your point? We need to find the next quirky character ala Jaspers.

So for mine it has to be Quinten 'F@rk' Narkle
Jasper the Ghost.. was here one minute, gone the next..

Interestign

Interesting. This reads to me:
- Xerri has a lot of work left to sell himself to the match committee
- Combden obviously rated but insurance required
- Edwards clearly a 2-3 year minimum proposition to be phsyically ready at AFL level, I see him more as a Goldy replacement and that role of 100% ruck to be very much a different 2 pronged attack post Goldstein.

More good insurance and I like this combined with the Walker 1 year extension - at face value you'd rather this guy up forward in a pinch over Walker by some margin.

Back