Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

Assuming Sydney want salary cap relief footballer plus a 2nd rounder. They can also burn a list spot on Lewis Taylor on Sydney’s behalf too

Maybe McAsey plus a 2nd rounder with Adelaide keeping both McAsey on there cap for a year for Taylor and Dawson. McAsey can be a future KPP and Sydney can save the coin required to keep McLean and Hewett
If mcasey goes anywhere it will be back home to victoria.. doubt he’d entertain a trade to sydney..

John Ralph reporting that Swans have cap space to make a very generous long term offer so Swans don't need cap relief, particularly with Dawson now not signing.

I so want Dawson at the Crows but can't see him signing up for another 2-3 seasons without finals, Port will be his destination and they always seem to get the deals done. Crows faff around and threaten PSD, that only works for minor players not for guns and Dawson is a gun. I want him.

Strange second sentence but then again.. we crows BF supporters are used to that from you 747!…

Players we trade in we generally hold onto until they are clearly cooked and either retire or go play a final season somewhere else.. we got the best out of betts, jenkins, jacobs, lynch, thomo before retiring them or allowing them to go play twilight years elsewhere.. gibbs was a disaster.. but we let him go play for Souths in the sanfl this year!.

Was an easy shot so I had to make it :)

Assuming Sydney want salary cap relief footballer plus a 2nd rounder. They can also burn a list spot on Lewis Taylor on Sydney’s behalf too

Maybe McAsey plus a 2nd rounder with Adelaide keeping both McAsey on there cap for a year for Taylor and Dawson. McAsey can be a future KPP and Sydney can save the coin required to keep McLean and Hewett

Surely gotta be angling for a bite from Crows fans here.

McAsey is a 2nd year top 10 draftee, who is clearly a project player. They aren't throwing him to another club months after he's committed to a contract.

Ports first for Dawson (17 likely to become 20) and change or Adelaides 2nd for Dawson (23 likely to become 26ish).

Would say unders but he's OOC and I expect he'll nominate a club. Which means Sydney would have to be content with that. Can't see what else Port or Adelaide can offer that's realistic (Crows not giving up pick 4, Port not giving up a good young player).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fits in well with Ports "win now" opportunity. Take advantage while they have Dixon, Boak, Gray (assuming the latter goes around in 2022, almost certainly will if they don't win a flag this year), takes Hartlett and Rockliffs money plus the significant decrease Motlop will get.

Fits in a solid age gap too

26-28: Amon, Aliir, Wines, Lycett, Clurey, DBJ, Fantasia
23-25: Bonner, Burton, Houston, Ladhams, (SPP)
22 and under: Drew, Marshall, Georgiades, Butters, Rozee, Duursma, Farrell, Bergman, Hayes, Jones

That 23-25 middle aged bracket will be their core leadership group come 2024-25, and I think with the addition of a KPP (to replace Dixon or Jonas) to that group along with Dawson they'll be set for sustained success.

If he chooses the crows I would hope port consider offering their first rounder for pick 23 and crows future 2nd. I would love to pick up a future pick to move back a bit in this draft.
Marshall is from Deniliquin. That’s almost smack bang in between Adelaide and Sydney. Georgiades and Marshall is our forward line for years to come. We would be stupid to trade out Marshall and have to hit the draft hard to find another partner for Georgiades before butters and rozees waste the best part of their career.
if you were to design a player based on exactly what the crows needed to add he would end up exactly like dawson.
Also do crows fans really think they’re one year away from playing finals? :0

Why would port need to offer more money to dawson than the crows to get him to sign with us? What a weird take.

I see adelaides stocks as really needing an outside runner / great kick / intercepting player. Seedsman is older. Milera coming back from injury. Sholl is decent. It’s not a long list.

Houston, Amon , duursma , rozee , Bergman, Farrell, Bonner at port. Though dawson is quality and you take quality when you can get it.
“Also do crows fans really think they’re one year away from playing finals? :0”

Where did swans finish last year?..

Things can change very quickly..

Crows won seven games this season.. and shouldve won another 3/4 but terrible kicking in front of goal lost em a few including our game against the suns..

“Also do crows fans really think they’re one year away from playing finals? :0”

Where did swans finish last year?..

Things can change very quickly..

Crows won seven games this season.. and shouldve won another 3/4 but terrible kicking in front of goal lost em a few including our game against the suns..
Swans were way better than the 16th position they finished in last year, had a very healthy % to indicate that. Also got a heap of new recruits, a FF named Buddy, a ruck in Hickey who surprised everyone, the best first year player (AFLPA) Gulden, Hewett didn't play in 2020 from memory, Heeney hardly played, that's a lot of instant talent to add to a team that wasn't far away on performance in 2020.

We have neither the core the Swans had, nor will we get the instant injection of high end talent they did. We are not playing finals in 2022 or in 2023 so Dawson if he chooses us will be signing up for a slow burn, at Port he gets instant success. We have to go all out to land Dawson this year and hope for Lukocious plus next year

Swans were way better than the 16th position they finished in last year, had a very healthy % to indicate that. Also got a heap of new recruits, a FF named Buddy, a ruck in Hickey who surprised everyone, the best first year player (AFLPA) Gulden, Hewett didn't play in 2020 from memory, Heeney hardly played, that's a lot of instant talent to add to a team that wasn't far away on performance in 2020.

We have neither the core the Swans had, nor will we get the instant injection of high end talent they did. We are not playing finals in 2022 or in 2023 so Dawson if he chooses us will be signing up for a slow burn, at Port he gets instant success. We have to go all out to land Dawson this year and hope for Lukocious plus next year
Wow literally one of the best balanced assessments of the crows from a crows fan I’ve read in a long time !

I agree and well said 👏

He's uncontracted, but Sydney fans shouldn't worry about what they'll get.

AFC pay fairly, we were willing to pay fairly for Hately but GWS didn't play ball, history is showing our offer was fair.
His failure to crack your 22 or have an impact legit surprised me in hindsight yea was a fair offer (not that I thought that at the time)

Adelaide would be better to deal with as they could split their pick 4 into two first rounders and we could get one of those first rounders which would likely be better than Port's pick.

Not holding my breath on that. They will push for pick 23 and a player and attempt to leverage PSD.

Port will have Adelaide in PSD at back of their mind and likely keep them honest.

Not holding my breath on that. They will push for pick 23 and a player and attempt to leverage PSD.

Port will have Adelaide in PSD at back of their mind and likely keep them honest.

and our trading relationship is better with Port as Adelaide are still unhappy over the whole Tippett situation. Port though, well they are certainly not unhappy with what they have gotten out of the Swans in the last few years.

and our trading relationship is better with Port as Adelaide are still unhappy over the whole Tippett situation. Port though, well they are certainly not unhappy with what they have gotten out of the Swans in the last few years.
Dawson isnt gonna give a s**t though really is he.. he’s gonna pick the deal and club he feels is best for him and that club and swans just need to do a deal..

The Relationship between that club and the swans would be the furtherest thing from his mind..

Dawson isnt gonna give a sh*t though really is he.. he’s gonna pick the deal and club he feels is best for him and that club and swans just need to do a deal..

The Relationship between that club and the swans would be the furtherest thing from his mind..

Maybe but the Swans won't settle for the Crows second round pick either and Dawson is not going to through the PSD Either.

Crows need to better their offer (from what ibhave seen suggested from AFC fans here) or he goes to Port; simple as that

Maybe but the Swans won't settle for the Crows second round pick either and Dawson is not going to through the PSD Either.

Crows need to better their offer (from what ibhave seen suggested from AFC fans here) or he goes to Port; simple as that
Why not?

Back