Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine recruiting someone with the profile of Higgo and not playing him for the exact purpose he was recruited for. His delivery stood out from the other hack it in the general direction Geelong mids. Chris Scott should give himself an uppercut.

Imagine recruiting someone with the profile of Higgo and not playing him for the exact purpose he was recruited for. His delivery stood out from the other hack it in the general direction Geelong mids. Chris Scott should give himself an uppercut.

The problem for Geelong is, nearly everyone in the 18 is a FA recruited for the moment and purpose. All there on the same promise.

Higgo suffered the old last in - first out rule.

If he doesnt play next week Id almost get in touch with his management about a potential spot on the rookie list with the idea he helps Patch out with the VFL team in a playing coaching role.
I reckon we take him back, they can give us Higgo and a 2nd/3rd round pick and we take his contract.
Player coach in the VFL with the young guys
Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.
The way Higgins prepared for and kept himself fit was first class.
Geelong ainā€™t winning s**t next year.
Bring him back and get him to help Patch in a mixed onfield/off field role.

Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.
The way Higgins prepared for and kept himself fit was first class.
Geelong ainā€™t winning sh*t next year.
Bring him back and get him to help Patch in a mixed onfield/off field role.

The last bloke we had who went to Geelong but still loved North and came back, played in a premiership the year he came back. :thumbsu:

The last bloke we had who went to Geelong but still loved North and came back, played in a premiership the year he came back. :thumbsu:
I know part of the reason he left was to chase a flag but a large part of him moving was for family reasons. I don't think that will have changed soI doubt heis coming back.

If everything goes to plan, Shaun Higgins will play round one for the 16th consecutive year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two time Syd winner who was all class. No doubt heā€™ll ramp up his property development gig but Iā€™d love to see him impart his knowledge on the young North players in a development role too if possible.

Congrats on a great career Higgo. šŸ‘

By all rights he should be playing on GF day no matter what club he landed in, we all hoped it would be ours, but shame on Geelong for not really giving him the chance. He's been a star player ever since he came to NM and he'll always be a NM man.

Good bloke too, one of the few players I've met in person and he's got an incredible mind for the game.

By all rights he should be playing on GF day no matter what club he landed in, we all hoped it would be ours, but shame on Geelong for not really giving him the chance. He's been a star player ever since he came to NM and he'll always be a NM man.

Good bloke too, one of the few players I've met in person and he's got an incredible mind for the game.

Strikes me as someone who will go into coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back