Game Day Non-Swans Game Day

You'd have thought the Prelims would have produced some good games. Disappointing.

I think Melbourne and Bulldogs were the best teams all year though, and they came up against two perennial pretenders in the prelims. So maybe these prelims seemed inevitable.

If we had won 2016, Bulldogs vs Melbourne would have been epic.

Now every neutral will go for Melbourne.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
The Bulldogs continue to dominate in two key areas - contested possession and clearances, leading these counts by 26 and nine respectively. The Power are 17-0 this season when they win contested possession and are 12-0 when they win clearances, so this is a massive result from the Bulldogs thus far.

The Bulldogs continue to dominate in two key areas - contested possession and clearances, leading these counts by 26 and nine respectively. The Power are 17-0 this season when they win contested possession and are 12-0 when they win clearances, so this is a massive result from the Bulldogs thus far.

Games of footy? Are won in the midfield?

I am shocked.

SHOCKED!

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Not gonna banter off AA like we did with Rohan but geez some team decided to hold their cards tight and expose his weakness.

But to be fair not even the greatest defence in the world can hold off 30+ inside 50s to half time.

Dogs midfield have absolutely slaughtered Port, they're not only winning the ball inside but winning clean ball.

You could have our legendary 2012 defence out there and they wouldn't be able to do anything if the opposition is delivering the ball in lace out.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Port fans giving Butters, Rozee and Durrsma the rocket. We would kill to have any one of the 3 for Dawson!
All soft pretty footballers.
This is a football club who are coached by a rah, rah, rah type coach who has no tricks left when there is no rah left.

He sells them a story & when it fails, it takes him another month for him to erase their memories of how soft they are.
Dixon, Fantasia, Butters, Rozzee, Duursma, Motlop, Ladhams, Marshall,

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
If we had won 2016, Bulldogs vs Melbourne would have been epic.

Now every neutral will go for Melbourne.

It should still be epic, they have been the best two teams for most of the year really (even though the Dogs dropped out of the top four late), both peaking at the right time... Dees are favourites for mine, I think they've been a tad more consistent and have the better defence...

It should still be epic, they have been the best two teams for most of the year really (even though the Dogs dropped out of the top four late), both peaking at the right time... Dees are favourites for mine, I think they've been a tad more consistent and have the better defence...

Yeah will be a great game in theory. I was thinking of the longest drought vs 2nd longest drought narrative that could have been.

Back