Delisted Charlie Constable [drafted by Gold Coast at pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good fit for the blues as an inside mid? Reckon he could be a Lyons type pick up, can't get a go but has the skills to play a strong role at AFL level.

I think he can do well at the right club with the right midfield mix. Obviously that is not at Geelong but other clubs did have a look last year and none were interested.

I think he can do well at the right club with the right midfield mix. Obviously that is not at Geelong but other clubs did have a look last year and none were interested.

He’s such a good user of the footy. I always felt comfortable when the footy is in his hands. Which teams would suit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He’s such a good user of the footy. I always felt comfortable when the footy is in his hands. Which teams would suit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hard to say because I don't know enough about other clubs and who they have in their reserves. But any club that is weak on the inside and needs someone to feed the ball out to the other mids or get that kick forward out of congestion. He has done pretty well in the VFL this year, I would expect someone will pick him since he will be free to a good home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heading to North.

Ben10 insurance.
All the best to him. He has some tricks around stoppages and I really liked him at first. Reasonable possibility that we've just been asking him to play a role that's not his go and he could have a decent career elsewhere.

I could see him at Sydney.
Yes, they have salary cap issues, but he won't be expensive & will be ready to step in when Kennedy moves on.
Smaller ground at the SCG is also less of an issue for players who aren't quick.

I might be in the minority, but I rate him... People will say he doesn't have a defensive game an why couldn't he find a home last year ( bit hard when spots were squeezed and no one knew what the salary cap was)
He clearly can win the centre clearances, plus he can wins his own ball with ease, its just sad our coach doesn't like playing young mids. Who ever gets him will only have to trade peanuts 🥜 to get him...
All the best for him, id be disappointed...

I could see him at Sydney.
Yes, they have salary cap issues, but he won't be expensive & will be ready to step in when Kennedy moves on.
Smaller ground at the SCG is also less of an issue for players who aren't quick.
I was keen on him last trade period but seeing our team's game style evolve this season I'm not sure if he's the right fit anymore. Yes, we need quality players to win the ball at the coalface as we were often beaten in the stoppages this year but if Constable isn't skilled by foot then I doubt we'd pursue him. Haven't seen him play a lot of footy but if his only skill is winning contested possessions then I'll pass.

I was keen on him last trade period but seeing our team's game style evolve this season I'm not sure if he's the right fit anymore. Yes, we need quality players to win the ball at the coalface as we were often beaten in the stoppages this year but if Constable isn't skilled by foot then I doubt we'd pursue him. Haven't seen him play a lot of footy but if his only skill is winning contested possessions then I'll pass.
I don't think his kicking is particularly bad, he just doesn't use it as much because he's always so tight in the contest. His weakness really is just leg speed and endurance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back