Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahhh, why are GC getting a priority pick?
Part of their over the top concessions for when they won 8 games over 2 years

received pick 2(anderson) pick 11 (sharp) and a start of second round pick (which they will use this year if they get to keep it)

plus 5 extra list spots and not needing to match bids

meanwhile we’ve won 7 games over the last 2 years

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Part of their over the top concessions for when they won 8 games over 2 years

received pick 2(anderson) pick 11 (sharp) and a start of second round pick (which they will use this year if they get to keep it)

plus 5 extra list spots and not needing to match bids

meanwhile we’ve won 7 games over the last 2 years

If we don’t put our case forward using these figures well we’re not serious.

At the very least we should have pick 19 as we’ve finished below GC two years running.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
If our pick is so highly sought after why would we not just keep it ourselves and grab the slider that other teams are so interested in getting with our 2nd pick. Just wondering.

Port moved back one spot and gained a future 2nd from that position. Sometimes it's worth it.

Watching how Aaron Naughton moved from forward to back to forward throughout his young career, I really want Van Rooyen now.

I think moving from being a forward at 17 to a defender at 18 might make him a valuable commodity wherever he ends up playing.

Unfortunately, we might have to trade up to land him.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Watching how Aaron Naughton moved from forward to back to forward throughout his young career, I really want Van Rooyen now.

I think moving from being a forward at 17 to a defender at 18 might make him a valuable commodity wherever he ends up playing.

Unfortunately, we might have to trade up to land him.

I think he'll be there at our second but you're right, he would be an important cog.

Both prelims have confirmed deep young midfields are a must. Trust the process.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers

At the very least we should have pick 19 as we’ve finished below GC two years running.
Been saying this for weeks.

If we don’t kick Gil’s door open and slam that evidence on his very expensive desk, then we’re pretenders..

The very reason the PP was introduced was for clubs in our situation FFS!!!..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If our pick is so highly sought after why would we not just keep it ourselves and grab the slider that other teams are so interested in getting with our 2nd pick. Just wondering.
Well it depends on who’s still on the board and how we rate them. If there’s someone we really rate we just take them. But if there’s someone we aren’t so keen on and we know other clubs are, well then we make the most of it. This year there’s likely a lot of variation between how each club ranks the draftees.

100% I’m so keen to hear the afls excuse for if they don’t give us a Priority pick knowing the precedence set

For those interested watching JHF.

Tech support!

Anyone have an idea why sound wouldn’t work on the 7+ app. It has worked no issue in the past.
Follow the link i provided in a browser. It’s geo locked atm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back