Game Day Around The Grounds - The Prelims 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

“Experts” letting Allir off the hook because ”he’s not getting much help from his midfield and the ball is coming in quickly”.

Yet Weitering & Jones dominated most of the year in identical circumstances.

AA Selectors should be embarrassed watching this game.

Yeah, his intercept game falls to rubbish when someone spends time on him and he has to compete 1 v 1. For a guy whose career was gawn, Schache has been very good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There’s also an element of natural nous by players having the ability to get to the right areas, read the play and can execute cleanly…
We don’t have many atm that are naturally capable off the pack and ground level…

You may be right, but I'd say it's amazing how much individual players can improve and how good they can look in a team that is well coached and structured.

Looking at the Dogs forward line on paper, none of the small forwards really jump out. Weightman is one but he's injured. I think it's more coaching than natural brilliance. Drilling it into the players where they should position themselves until it becomes second nature and basically natural.

Saw something unusual at my local shopping centre this afternoon, a 50 year old plus gentleman wearing a PAFC jumper who honestly had a very striking resemblance to Ken Hinkley.

He should be a happy chappy tonight l, think the Pear are going to absolutely annihilate the Dogs tbh.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Doggies to win bur I just feel like this will be one hurdle too big for the Dogs to overcome.

A Port Melbourne Grand Final is on the Cards.
The Accurate One...

That person was probably a female going by your accuracy record

“Experts” letting Allir off the hook because ”he’s not getting much help from his midfield and the ball is coming in quickly”.

Yet Weitering & Jones dominated most of the year in identical circumstances.

AA Selectors should be embarrassed watching this game.
It’s always a laugh listening to opposition supporters question Jones and Weitering ability.

It would have been a tremendous disservice to the AFL had Port won this.

Three players who shouldn't be welcome on an AFL list.

Go Dogs. Bury 'em!

Yeah, his intercept game falls to rubbish when someone spends time on him and he has to compete 1 v 1. For a guy whose career was gawn, Schache has been very good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Schache is infringing pretty much every contest and Aliir isn’t getting a ru. At it. Would do the same next week against Lever.

Charlie Dixon kicks goal, struts around like Mussolini....Dogs by a lazy 52...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing you have to admire about Beveridge as coach, he never tries to steal the spotlight from his players or makes outlandish or defensive statements (unlike a certain coach down Sleepy Hollow way)

He copped flak from some quarters by giving Bob Murphy his premiership medalist and let Bob hoist their premiership Cup, but it's gestures like that which endear a coach to players and supporters for life (mostly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back