Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the anniversary of that terrible day last night. It’s on the telle today. They just keep playing the videos of the planes going into the buildings over and over.

I don’t know what the answer is regarding whether or not they should play the videos but when you watch them alongside someone talking about their personal experience that day it makes a big difference to how one feels.
Personally I think what you are talking about is the MSM version of the sort of Trauma based mind control jolly West (remember him?) was working on.

Obviously that's a controversial view but observe your reactions as you're exposed to this stuff and see what it does to you.

Its like people's instinctive reaction to Joe Rogan mentioning Ivermectin (and no I'm not endorsing it either.) Or someone expressing fear about taking a "leaky vaccine". There is a massive pile on by orthodox thinkers. (Same thing happens if you talk about increasing the dole or forcing big business to pay more tax.) Societies always create Taboos as a form of social control. Don't think about conspiracies or you'll end up voting for Trump.

I've got a mate who coined the term 9/11 truth. I've never met him but we've been corresponding online over various things for 15 years. He was associated with the Family Steering Committee, the angry relatives of victims who agitated to get the original 9/11 commission to happen. Because the Bush Admin wasn't going to hold an inquiry into what happened. And why would they?

Those families of victims that pushed for the commission in the first place were appalled by what they considered a cover up and a whitewash of what led up to the event when that commission finally happened. They wanted an independent commission instead they got Phillip Zelikow running interference for his former bosses in the Bush Admin. That was the original 9/11 truth movement. Almost immediately it became swamped by other people talking s**t about controlled demolitions of the buildings and other stuff that had nothing to do with holding the Commander in Chief of the US military accountable for such a massive failure of the country's defense.

And the original questions and issues that those families wanted addressed disappeared off the radar. And I'm not mentioning this to rehash that tired old 9/11 bullshit. but with 20 years of hindsight what happened?

The narrative was controlled from the outset and nothing ever surfaced to challenge the legitimacy of the steps the US took in response. 20 years later the Middle East is broken and the US' status as a fair and free superpower is as well. Along with its legitimacy and its place as a so called "beacon of freedom." Its broke too - cos of the money it spent on its post 9/11 wars (and its refusal to tax people who should be taxed back to the stone age) and its broken.

If things had been handled better from the outset the world might not be as ****ed up today.

That's why I often say that if you hear a conspiracy theory that people hang s**t on dig a little deeper and you'll find something real that is tainted by the association. Trump started promoting the Q Anon conspiracy theory. His (and Bill Clinton's) good mate died in prison under strange circumstances and the evidence clearly shows he (Epstein) ran a complicated scheme for political blackmail based on networks of abuse but mention elite child abuse and you're immediately associated with Q Anon, the thing Trump made up to cover his own arse. Despite the stuff surrounding Epstein most obviously the way everyone else in that network received immunity from prosecution all those years ago when it first came to light. Or despite Brian Houston, the PMs "spiritual mentor" being protected by our government regarding his involvement in covering up child sexual abuse, or people saying the claims about the Catholic Church doing the same thing was "just a conspiracy theory" back in the 90s.

So be aware of your own visceral responses to this anniversary.

Its exactly the same process they use to lure people down the "Sky news" rabbit hole.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Personally I think what you are talking about is the MSM version of the sort of Trauma based mind control jolly West (remember him?) was working on.

Obviously that's a controversial view but observe your reactions as you're exposed to this stuff and see what it does to you.

Its like people's instinctive reaction to Joe Rogan mentioning Ivermectin (and no I'm not endorsing it either.) Or someone expressing fear about taking a "leaky vaccine". There is a massive pile on by orthodox thinkers. (Same thing happens if you talk about increasing the dole or forcing big business to pay more tax.) Societies always create Taboos as a form of social control. Don't think about conspiracies or you'll end up voting for Trump.

I've got a mate who coined the term 9/11 truth. I've never met him but we've been corresponding online over various things for 15 years. He was associated with the Family Steering Committee, the angry relatives of victims who agitated to get the original 9/11 commission to happen. Because the Bush Admin wasn't going to hold an inquiry into what happened. And why would they?

Those families of victims that pushed for the commission in the first place were appalled by what they considered a cover up and a whitewash of what led up to the event when that commission finally happened. They wanted an independent commission instead they got Phillip Zelikow running interference for his former bosses in the Bush Admin. That was the original 9/11 truth movement. Almost immediately it became swamped by other people talking sh*t about controlled demolitions of the buildings and other stuff that had nothing to do with holding the Commander in Chief of the US military accountable for such a massive failure of the country's defense.

And the original questions and issues that those families wanted addressed disappeared off the radar. And I'm not mentioning this to rehash that tired old 9/11 bullshit. but with 20 years of hindsight what happened?

The narrative was controlled from the outset and nothing ever surfaced to challenge the legitimacy of the steps the US took in response. 20 years later the Middle East is broken and the US' status as a fair and free superpower is as well. Along with its legitimacy and its place as a so called "beacon of freedom." Its broke too - cos of the money it spent on its post 9/11 wars (and its refusal to tax people who should be taxed back to the stone age) and its broken.

If things had been handled better from the outset the world might not be as f’ed up today.

That's why I often say that if you hear a conspiracy theory that people hang sh*t on dig a little deeper and you'll find something real that is tainted by the association. Trump started promoting the Q Anon conspiracy theory. His (and Bill Clinton's) good mate died in prison under strange circumstances and the evidence clearly shows he (Epstein) ran a complicated scheme for political blackmail based on networks of abuse but mention elite child abuse and you're immediately associated with Q Anon, the thing Trump made up to cover his own arse. Despite the stuff surrounding Epstein most obviously the way everyone else in that network received immunity from prosecution all those years ago when it first came to light. Or despite Brian Houston, the PMs "spiritual mentor" being protected by our government regarding his involvement in covering up child sexual abuse, or people saying the claims about the Catholic Church doing the same thing was "just a conspiracy theory" back in the 90s.

So be aware of your own visceral responses to this anniversary.

Its exactly the same process they use to lure people down the "Sky news" rabbit hole.

That is such a brilliant post Ferbs that I simply can’t respond properly.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I never dove much into the 9/11 conspiracy stuff….or anything really. I was 20 years old and barely paying attention to anything except the next party.

Only thing I know for certain is that America didn’t win the war in Afghanistan and Iraq but they definitely sent a message that if Americans bleed, everyone bleeds.

I never dove much into the 9/11 conspiracy stuff….or anything really. I was 20 years old and barely paying attention to anything except the next party.

Only thing I know for certain is that America didn’t win the war in Afghanistan and Iraq but they definitely sent a message that if Americans bleed, everyone bleeds.

That other building that dropped like a house of cards that wasn't hit by a plane looked pretty suspect, I remember some time afterwards there was a campaign by engineers who said a building like that shouldn't collapse like that to a regular fire.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That other building that dropped like a house of cards that wasn't hit by a plane looked pretty suspect, I remember some time afterwards there was a campaign by engineers who said a building like that shouldn't collapse like that to a regular fire.

Those engineers are still at it. They were part of Spike Lee’s documentary on 9/11 due to be released yesterday, he wanted to tell all parts of the story apparently… but after a screening to the media he was smashed for it and HBO dropped that part of the film.

So many questions, but the first is what the hell was a cat doing there?

I assume it was probably a stray that was living in the stadium feeding off mice. Surely, nobody would be dumb enough to bring a cat to a football game.

Those engineers are still at it. They were part of Spike Lee’s documentary on 9/11 due to be released yesterday, he wanted to tell all parts of the story apparently… but after a screening to the media he was smashed for it and HBO dropped that part of the film.

At the time it was the only steel skyscraper to ever collapse due to a fire, not sure if any happened since but i don't remember of any. Some had to be demolished due to a fire but they were still standing. I think industrial steel needs to be heated to at least 600 degrees celsius to undergo metallurgical change and loses half it's strength, it needs about 1500 to lose structural integrity. A building fire is typically around 750 and it is not usually a uniform type of fire, it tends to be hotter in some places so they don't normally drop like a house of cards.

My nephew is an engineer working in construction, I should hit him up about some of the specifics.

I know the building standards changed post 9/11 to make them safer, but I don't think there was anything there to stop a building collapsing to a normal building fire. I am not sure if it is a conspiracy theory or not, but I think the explanation of a normal fire seems a bit odd, if a steel skyscraper could drop like that to a normal fire in 7 hours then I think something radical would need to change about building construction.

It was either poorly constructed or something else abnormal happened.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At the time it was the only steel skyscraper to ever collapse due to a fire, not sure if any happened since but i don't remember of any. Some had to be demolished due to a fire but they were still standing. I think industrial steel needs to be heated to at least 600 degrees celsius to undergo metallurgical change and loses half it's strength, it needs about 1500 to lose structural integrity. A building fire is typically around 750 and it is not usually a uniform type of fire, it tends to be hotter in some places so they don't normally drop like a house of cards.

My nephew is an engineer working in construction, I should hit him up about some of the specifics.

I know the building standards changed post 9/11 to make them safer, but I don't think there was anything there to stop a building collapsing to a normal building fire. I am not sure if it is a conspiracy theory or not, but I think the explanation of a normal fire seems a bit odd, if a steel skyscraper could drop like that to a normal fire in 7 hours then I think something radical would need to change about building construction.

It was either poorly constructed or something else abnormal happened.

I get lost in the details. I spose it wasn’t a normal fire because planes flew into the buildings… and then there’s the argument that jet fuel can’t melt the steel… and that’s been debunked by other experts.

There’s people out there that have spent the last 20 years diving into 9/11. That’s a lifetime, and we’re still in the same position. The videos of the planes hitting the buildings must be the most scrutinised videos of all time, followed by JFK’s assassination and maybe the moon landing.

Regarding the poor construction, that’s definitely in the cards because nothing would have been built in NYC when the towers were built that weren’t controlled by the mob.

These things have probably all been dissected a million times over.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m going to hook in tonight. I’ve been fighting the cynic in me with these 9/11 doco series coming out on the anniversary to cash in on it, but they’ve got me now.
Though none if the doco is particularly revealing Its pretty ******* damning, especially in the context of what has transpired over the last few weeks.

One wonders what comes next.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Though none if the doco is particularly revealing Its pretty ******* damning, especially in the context of what has transpired over the last few weeks.

One wonders what comes next.

For sure. A lot of the stuff gets flavoured one way nowadays, or maybe it always has and I haven’t notice. I literally can’t find an unemotionally motivated unbiased doco on it.

I have this strange optimism that post COVID a lot of good things are going to happen. What comes next in your opinion?

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For sure. A lot of the stuff gets flavoured one way nowadays, or maybe it always has and I haven’t notice. I literally can’t find an unemotionally motivated unbiased doco on it.

I have this strange optimism that post COVID a lot of good things are going to happen. What comes next in your opinion?
Well i can't help but be utterly pessimistic about what goes on inside and then comes out of Afghanistan. If we get a new wave of targeted attacked on western targets, specifically in the US, then i think a justification narrative for renewed and increased bombing will emerge. The Taliban will do whatever they want to do and are now more than ever sure of their cause and full of hubris.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well i can't help but be utterly pessimistic about what goes on inside and then comes out of Afghanistan. If we get a new wave of targeted attacked on western targets, specifically in the US, then i think a justification narrative for renewed and increased bombing will emerge. The Taliban will do whatever they want to do and are now more than ever sure of their cause and full of hubris.

I hope that after generations of war and destruction they would want peace, but you’re probably right and it won’t take much prodding to kick off again.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope that after generations of war and destruction they would want peace, but you’re probably right and it won’t take much prodding to kick off again.
Unfortunately there is a whole generation of men in the middle east who have known nothing but war and death at the hands of the US and their allies who can now be mined like bitcoin. And Afghanistan is the perfect place to train them.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unfortunately there is a whole generation of men in the middle east who have known nothing but war and death at the hands of the US and their allies who can now be mined like bitcoin. And Afghanistan is the perfect place to train them.

It’s bloody sad. They’ll never fight the west on their soil and it’ll only continue pain. Let’s hope we’re underestimating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back