Who would you select with #1?

• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
His first thought at stoppages is his opponent.

Yep, does the team things and is very disciplined.

Even when he came on after his knock, he was clearly playing on the wing... and was holding his shape and position really well.

Spewing that left foot snap that could've been the opener didn't go through.

Clean below the knees, in the wet, clean hands to set up a goal in the 2nd. Plays tough, runs hard to tackle, smother. Loves the biff, niggle of opposition. Gets targeted as a result.

Not loving what is quite often a sideways chip after a mark or free though. Reminds me a how I'd get frustrated at Cunners at certain stages of his career for doing the same.

Physically ready for rd1. That was as rough n tumble as your gonna get, pretty loosely adjudicated. Will have no fear as a debutant.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
HF v North Adelaide

15 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 marks, 2 clearances, 2 I50s, 3 R50s, 0.1
Not a bad effort in mostly wet crap conditions. One thing I noticed was how clean he was even in the shocking wet rainy slippery conditions. 1 grab clean hands type player . That is a sure sign of what he’s capable of . He also does not mind at all getting the dirty ball , getting in & under & being able to withstand a crunching tackle . For mine he’s a clear number 1 pick . JHF playing SANFL finals in the seniors & holding his own without a problem. In fact he started in the first centre bounce of the game in the guts . The kid is playing against hardened experienced men week in week out in what I call a reasonably tough competitive league .
Darcy & Daicos don’t come close to him . Sorry

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is how I see things. Being able to stand out head and shoulders in a senior high level comp is very impressive.
C461A7EB-B2EC-4F81-8935-49A1DFCE67B0.gif

Back