Movie The Matrix Resurrections

Yeah it just doesnt feel the same without Fishburne and Weaving.

I havent looked it up but at they definitely not in it?

Maybe Fishhburne is playing coy and will show up at some point in the film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be a bit of misdirect going on perhaps

This is what Hugo said last year in regards to this movie

So going by that he is 100% not there.

:(

Maybe he could do a brief cameo via zoom or something?

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah I knew he was playing younger Morpheus I just didnt know if Fishburne was appearing at all.

Not that its super important but I wish Keanu went with the more clean cut loook for this. At least Carrie Anne-Moss is back

I swear I saw set photos of Keanu sporting a clean cut, but then the trailer came out and he’s rocking John Wick all the way..

Edit: it was paparazzi shots on 4th of July he was sporting a buzz cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
The mystery of why Thomas Anderson (Keanu Reeves) is back inside The Matrix's faux reality - and why he keeps going through the Deja Vu paces of meeting characters like Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) and Morpheus (Abdul-Mateen) is basically the major "sell" that director Lana Wachowski needs to make, here. The Matrix 4 hinges on that reveal in many ways - and a pivotal part of it will be explaining why Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is now Morpheus - instead of Laurence Fishburne.

Fishburne seemed confused about the change himself, telling Collider earlier this year: "It would make sense that people ask me that....I am not in the next Matrix movie and you'd have to ask Lana Wachowski why, 'cause I don't have an answer for that."

:'(

Last edited:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Yeah I think the confusion for me is why is Carrie-Anne Moss Trinity and not Fishburne etc

morpheus-free-your-mind.gif

I was quite keen for this until I saw the trailer. Maybe re-watching the original trilogy will get me keen for this again.

My thoughts in the trailer was why is Trinity there but the original Morpheus not.. I loved Fishburne and Weaving - they were integral

So it seems that its going back to like a re-start of sorts... interesting - not at all what I was expecting

I keyed in on the track, it's all in your head. This better not be a it's all a dream s**t...

Hence younger Morpheus, oh hai love interest girl, lemme just start off with am I crazy and walking back to go forward?

That's kind of what I got out of that trailer, that narrative.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
There's nothing more jarring than a random Aussie accent in with all the Americans

Can you imagine Margot doing Harley Quinn with her normal accent? Just yuck

The Resurrections chick should be forced to put on a yank accent

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
To be fair, The Matrix setting is reasonably ambiguous that the American-ness isn't overdone. A bit like some other Australian-filmed scifi-adjacent pictures like Dark City, Upgrade, Invisible Man, it's kind of an uncanny Austrica. The original trilogy was packed with Australian actors. But yeah, someone like Isla Fisher who always seems to play up the accent or get cast as the token Aussie should be avoided in that type of vibe, agreed.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
To be fair, The Matrix setting is reasonably ambiguous that the American-ness isn't overdone. A bit like some other Australian-filmed scifi-adjacent pictures like Dark City, Upgrade, Invisible Man, it's kind of an uncanny Austrica. The original trilogy was packed with Australian actors. But yeah, someone like Isla Fisher who always seems to play up the accent or get cast as the token Aussie should be avoided in that type of vibe, agreed.

Yeah the original had a few Home and Away alumini

Who could forget the great Matt Doran?

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
I was quite keen for this until I saw the trailer. Maybe re-watching the original trilogy will get me keen for this again.

Yep, really not feeling it.
Then again I didn't think much of The Dark Knight trailer originally (or the news Heath Ledger was going to be the Joker).
Boy how wrong was I.
Though I don't for one instance think Wachowski is as dependable as Nolan.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The first movie is amazing. The sequels were terrible.
This looks like it may have promise though.
I didn’t mind Reloaded at the time just as an action flick. Revolutions was a flop.

They haven’t exactly set the world on fire with their subsequent projects either. I tried Speed Racer and had to give up - unwatchable - and Jupiter Ascending died a fast death.

I think they were just one hit wonders. It’s not like the plot was original. It was much the same as Exitenz, the Thirteenth Floor and Dark City. Reckon they just nailed the aesthetic and style and captured a moment.

Hope it’s ok but not holding out much hope.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Garbage trailer which might actually be a good thing as expectations aren’t set all that high now.

One of those you just need to see even though it’s odds on to be nothing more than a quick money grab. I’m very open to being surprised though.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Re-watching the first Matrix now

No words for how good this is

The best movie of all time

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I didn’t mind Reloaded at the time just as an action flick. Revolutions was a flop.

They haven’t exactly set the world on fire with their subsequent projects either. I tried Speed Racer and had to give up - unwatchable - and Jupiter Ascending died a fast death.

I think they were just one hit wonders. It’s not like the plot was original. It was much the same as Exitenz, the Thirteenth Floor and Dark City. Reckon they just nailed the aesthetic and style and captured a moment.

Hope it’s ok but not holding out much hope.

right time right place i guess - even their "bullet time" gimmick was actually copied from Blade 2 iirc.

I think the 3 movies had a relatively current storyline they just got a bit carried away. Probably could have been done in 2 movies not three.

they didn't direct V for Vendetta but that is outstanding, not sure how much credit you are giving them for that.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
they didn't direct V for Vendetta but that is outstanding, not sure how much credit you are giving them for that.
Given they didn’t direct and it was an adaptation of a graphic novel I didn’t really count it. It is a good film. I’ve heard some people say they liked Cloud Atlas too but I haven’t seen it.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I think with the constraint of smaller or mid-sized budgets like in Bound and even the first Matrix they did some cool stuff. Ever since, not really my thing, very kitschy and bloated on blockbuster-sized budgets.

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
right time right place i guess - even their "bullet time" gimmick was actually copied from Blade 2 iirc.

I think the 3 movies had a relatively current storyline they just got a bit carried away. Probably could have been done in 2 movies not three.

The Matrix came out in 1999, Blade 2 came out in 2002

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Given they didn’t direct and it was an adaptation of a graphic novel I didn’t really count it. It is a good film. I’ve heard some people say they liked Cloud Atlas too but I haven’t seen it.

Cloud Atlas the movie isn't very good. The book is pretty amazing aside from the sub-sections that is set in the future where they don't speak english and half the text is gibberish. That kind of writing does my head in.

in terms of V for Vendetta they were the "2nd unit" directors and i think the suspicion was they did alot more than a typical 2nd unit would do. The guy who directed it hasn't done much since which doesn't speak highly to his ability.

Back