Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

You always wonder when and if you'll see another premiership.

The fact that we've now let two perfect opportunities in a row slip leaves me dead inside.

Yep. The thing is, we hope our club is better than this, but what if we are on the cusp of a 20-30 year ice age ala what Carlton and Essendon are experiencing right now or what Richmond experienced prior to their recent breakthrough? Some clubs take decades just to open up opportunities like we have the last 2 years. To so meekly let them slip without even so much as a grand final appearance is just galling.

Trying to think positive. At least that's the last time port will ruin a weekend this year.

The cats and Dangerfield won't get a flag.

I don't really care who wins between Melbourne and WB. It would be nice for Neale Daniher to see a flag.
Mostly I'd just like to get the Melbourne fairy tale out the way so we don't have to come up against it another time.

#sackken

Just cannot fathom how a professional side would come out and perform like that. It was insipid and embarrassing.

the comments from Ken ‘we’re a young and developing side’ and Jonas ‘that’s not us’ - just irritate me even more. You didn’t have the courage to show up, at least have the courage to own the pathetic effort we had to witness.

Just watching Jonas on the news, looks like a kid that dropped his ice cream, it's even hard to stomach the players atm.
I remember as a kid we lost to Glenelg by almost 100 points and the back page was Russel Johnson apologising for their lack of effort and promising it wouldn't happen again.
I miss the club I grew up with, even when they got hammered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember as a kid we lost to Glenelg by almost 100 points and the back page was Russel Johnson apologising for their lack of effort and promising it wouldn't happen again.
I miss the club I grew up with, even when they got hammered
Yeah me too I grew up in the same era, when it was a privilege to wear a port jumper.

Thinking back to some of the kamikaze efforts from our boys in the 2004 preliminary final against St. Kilda - particularly a couple of Michael Wilson efforts on the wing. He had no regard for his own safety, but took 2 gutsy marks to repel attacks from the Saints. That's the sort of stuff that wins critical finals: at no stage did we see any such efforts from Port players last night. No wonder we embarrassed ourselves on the big stage when it mattered most.
Tom Jonas attempted to clean up a defenseless mid air JJ who was taking a mark, and ended up being knocked arse up like he ran in to a wall whilst JJ barely noticed him

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Just cannot fathom how a professional side would come out and perform like that. It was insipid and embarrassing.

the comments from Ken ‘we’re a young and developing side’ and Jonas ‘that’s not us’ - just irritate me even more. You didn’t have the courage to show up, at least have the courage to own the pathetic effort we had to witness.
Great post. These clowns are all piss and wind and there can be no excuses for the gutless s**t they served up last night. They all ought to be ashamed of themselves for misrepresenting themselves as Port Adelaide footballers. Disgusting.

At least Matthew Primus faced the music in his time and apologised and addressed the effort in the Gold Coast game.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Blimey, accidentally saw some "highlights" on the news including some of the Jonas presser. Now I am angry. And depressed.

It's not going to get better next year, is it?

Crash and burn year I predict with only 8-10 wins coming up. Could be a chance to climb up the National Draft ladder and get some more talent into the team next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back