List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumoured connections are valid - Chol, Coleman-Jones, Weideman - this would support some obvious assumptions from the outside.

• Aside from needing more ruck depth now, Xerri is not locked in as Goldie's heir apparent
  • By the same token, while we need some KPF support now - Comben's ability to get on the park in a consistent manner remains a big gamble
  • We are viewing trade and FA as means of patching up our tall stocks

If the rumoured connections are valid - Chol, Coleman-Jones, Weideman - this would support some obvious assumptions from the outside.

• Aside from needing more ruck depth now, Xerri is not locked in as Goldie's heir apparent
  • By the same token, while we need some KPF support now - Comben's ability to get on the park in a consistent manner remains a big gamble
KPP is still a key need long term, which is quite obvious. Even moreso when it is clear that Xerri only has one AFL quality attribute, that being his competitiveness.

Unfortunately for us those talls won't be ready for a few years. Weideman is now. Unless you want to see Campbell partnering with larkey again or relying on Comben staying fit.

Weidemen won't cost more than a nickel either.

Unfort can't see Mel letting him go for a nickel! Despite them playing bbb in front of him they will say he is 24 up and coming etc etc... this will be a battle with potentially psd involved should we go that way

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unfort can't see Mel letting him go for a nickel! Despite them playing bbb in front of him they will say he is 24 up and coming etc etc... this will be a battle with potentially psd involved should we go that way

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He comes for * all or he stays with Casey Demons.

Interesting last point about patching holes. Maybe we don't see guys like Wiederman/Chol/CCJ as long-term solutions and get them on shorter-term contracts whilst fill the longer-term needs via the draft. Either that, or we are simply looking at depth. Either way, I wouldn't want these guys on long-term contracts as they all have major deficiencies as players.

Weideman isn't sh!t, but he also isn't the type of quality that is hard to come by. If we get to the end of 2023 or 2024 and still need something like what Weideman can offer, do it then.

Might as well coax Shaun McKernan out of retirement for 12 months as cover for Comben.

Does Narkle from Geelong have decent wheels or is he one-paced?..

Could be a good option streaming out of defence if he does. Instant Atley replacement perhaps.
Geelong posters describe him as an attacking mid without a defensive bone in his body. Can't say I disagree watching him myself.

Geelong posters describe him as an attacking mid without a defensive bone in his body. Can't say I disagree watching him myself.
Fair enough.

Then again, Geelong posters aren’t breaking any IQ records anytime soon either 😉

Geelong don’t play him much so internally they seem to have reservations. You’d think with their desperate need for youth and pace, he’d be playing every week.

Does Narkle from Geelong have decent wheels or is he one-paced?..

Could be a good option streaming out of defence if he does. Instant Atley replacement perhaps.

I get a serious buyer beware vibe out of Geelong players.

They will fast-track anyone into their best 22 for the now and have the salary capless means to retain (and poach) anyone they want to keep.

When they start leaving players in the shop window it's because there's a severe deficiency in place. Of course nobody gives up players they want to keep but Geelong's perennial top 4 status gives their shitmen a bit of polish when reality is they turn over their 15-25 spots constantly.

So this year's Geelong finals team half-back flanker is next year's delisted shitmen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting last point about patching holes. Maybe we don't see guys like Wiederman/Chol/CCJ as long-term solutions and get them on shorter-term contracts whilst fill the longer-term needs via the draft. Either that, or we are simply looking at depth. Either way, I wouldn't want these guys on long-term contracts as they all have major deficiencies as players.

Think it’s have to be a 3 yr deal to get them to come over.
It’d be worth it for in 3 years we should be hitting the finals - they either make it by then or hopefully JVR/Amiss are taking their spot.

Geelong don’t play him much so internally they seem to have reservations. You’d think with their desperate need for youth and pace, he’d be playing every week.

They will fast-track anyone into their best 22 for the now and have the salary capless means to retain (and poach) anyone they want to keep.

When they start leaving players in the shop window it's because there's a severe deficiency in place. Of course nobody gives up players they want to keep but Geelong's perennial top 4 status gives their shitmen a bit of polish when reality is they turn over their 15-25 spots constantly.

So this year's Geelong finals team half-back flanker is next year's delisted shitmen.
Yeah I agree to certain extent, but the Scotts are notorious for playing their favourites game in, game out so he would be stuck behind dads army for opportunties.

His top 3 games this year have netted 34, 26, 25 touches and thats sitting behind Duckwood and his merry men..

Yeah I agree to certain extent, but the Scotts are notorious for playing their favourites game in, game out so he would be stuck behind dads army for opportunties.

His top 3 games this year have netted 34, 26, 25 touches and thats sitting behind Duckwood and his merry men..

Agree with the sentiment but Hamling is about the only player I can recall in recent history who's left for opportunity and actually done anything.

I dont know if Comben would be best 22 if fit.
Reckon he might need some more VFL time.
1 AFL game isnt exactly looking like a huge lock for me right now.
Pressure for spots as a tall forward at North is something we really havent had for the last 5-6 years.
Fair enough with Comben. Given where we are at I suspect the focus is going to again be on development and long-term he is (hopefully) our guy. For me, Weid plays too similar to Larkey to play them both in a couple of years in a team wanting to play finals, so it doesn't make sense to play him in 2022 if Comben is fit, which brings me back to my point that I don't think he would be keen on leaving the Dees as depth to join us as depth.

As long as we don't overpay in terms of salary of draft capital I won't be too fussed, I just don't think he is going to be a great signing for us.

If we go one of Weideman, CCJ, Chol or Brander, who would you prefer?

I'd rather Weideman or Brander. Whoever is a better chance to become a long term CHB.

Neither would cost much. Not sure is any of them in the answer.

Weideman, is a KF with 6 years experience who has never kicked more than 3 goals in a game and only done that twice. He has had more goalless games than multiple goal games. BB, a 3 time runner up in the Coleman, was worth only a 2nd. I wouldn't give our 3rd for Weideman.
I’d rather none but I’ll play the game, sooner brander

Buy low for biggest ROI. Id go for him now, he’ll be cheap as chips
I don’t think he will that’s my concern if it’s a token pick and a reasonable wage sure but not anything over a third rounder and if the 600k+ wage is accurate I don’t want him

Weideman will depend on what happens with Luke Jackson.

If there is any inkling that he will want to head back to WA at some point, Melbourne should take the Cerra + first round pick that they can get now, while they are firmly in the window.

If Jackson leaves then Weideman stays at Melbourne.

I don’t think he will that’s my concern if it’s a token pick and a reasonable wage sure but not anything over a third rounder and if the 600k+ wage is accurate I don’t want him
600k? For a bloke running around in the VFL? Tell him he’s dreamin. 350-450k and a 3rd round pick.

It’s almost as if they deliberately dangle enough of a player to get attention, but not enough to expose the flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back