Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

WOWEE! IT’S HAPPENING!!! We’re getting a…. flood plain?! The influence of Paul Roos knows no bounds.
View attachment 1234573
That community facility and new open space to the west will highly likely have our direct involvement. The open space for example is allocated for

SR-01 Sports pavilion Construction of sports pavilion. MCA1 2021–2046
SR-02 Active open space reserve Construction of sporting surface and associated works MCA1 2021–2046

More details to follow I am sure but I am confident that the club has some input here. That it is not allocated for construction or other usage is a huge positive at this stage.

That community facility and new open space to the west will highly likely have our direct involvement. The open space for example is allocated for

SR-01 Sports pavilion Construction of sports pavilion. MCA1 2021–2046
SR-02 Active open space reserve Construction of sporting surface and associated works MCA1 2021–2046

More details to follow I am sure but I am confident that the club has some input here. That it is not allocated for construction or other usage is a huge positive at this stage.

Yep - the second oval.

Looking more positive isn't it but it seems there are 'options' but this picture from the back cover is promising. I cant believe the amount of high rise but not surprised I guess.

View attachment 1234589
It would be nice if they weren't so secretive about the fact that's it's the NMFCs second ground and an expanded footprint.

Although that wouldn't be a good look, allocating limited space to a football club.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be nice if they weren't so secretive about the fact that's it's the NMFCs second ground and an expanded footprint.

Although that wouldn't be a good look, allocating limited space to a football club.

I think in the article yesterday it did say about NMFC managing new something something?

the key tenant would transform the land into ..... Sounds very clear with the images etc. But still cryptic though.

opportunity.JPG

Last edited:

Last thing we need is Green dipshits claiming this is "privatising public space".

This is why you need good gov relations people on board, to manage this stuff.

Last thing we need is Green dipshits claiming this is "privatising public space".

This is why you need good gov relations people on board, to manage this stuff.
I agree.
I thought it was covert for some of those reasons.
Just wondering if others read into it the same way.

It's not locked in, but likely will be.

Hopefully, that's settled before presales of units where residents and investors get a say.

I think in the article yesterday it did say about NMFC managing new something something?

the key tenant would transform the land into ..... Sounds very clear with the images etc. But still cryptic though.

View attachment 1234603
The master plan legend goes to some lengths to not mention NMFC in relation to the actual Arden st ground.
North Melbourne Recreation reserve
The Huddle
NM aquatic centre, I know it's not ours, but should be in the future.

The new area;

Proposed community based active recreation.
Even the renders show a soccer field within an oval.

Nothing too big, I suspect they're flying under the radar, which suggests there is still room to petition and change the uses.

I'm ok with them playing the game.
Until it's in concrete.

Yep - the second oval.
The building of a pavilion and it being listed under the community infrastructure projects indicates that it will be a publicly accessible space and used for community sports. I would envisage however that NMFC will have a priority access through local govt which will enable flexible access across all 4 teams.

Excellent stuff.

Call me a greedy campaigner but I'd much prefer to have atleast our home controlled totally by the club to be utilised as the club sees fit, for the club's best interest and needs.

* the community. Go for a picnic elsewhere.

Call me a greedy campaigner but I'd much prefer to have atleast our home controlled totally by the club to be utilised as the club sees fit, for the club's best interest and needs.

fu** the community. Go for a picnic elsewhere.

Been dying to say it, huh?

fu** the community. Go for a picnic elsewhere.

Yeah well we have to live in the real world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back