List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Weidemen if we don't break the bank. I think 12 months up forward and a switch to defence could be the strategy. At the very least I would train him in both groups over the pre-season. He seems to move ok, good height and agility, allows Comben to develop without the pressure. Seems to be a good CHB option with the way he moves and that is the position we need covered with McKay/Corr being the more full back style players.

600k? For a bloke running around in the VFL? Tell him he’s dreamin. 350-450k and a 3rd round pick.
Agree, but the buzz is he wants more and the dees want more, hence my vociferous opposition to the move

Agree, but the buzz is he wants more and the dees want more, hence my vociferous opposition to the move
We will walk away if it doesn’t work in our favour. Our deal to Josh Kelly was lower than GWS’ offer and we wouldn’t budge.

We will walk away if it doesn’t work in our favour. Our deal to Josh Kelly was lower than GWS’ offer and we wouldn’t budge.
Good, the moment we negotiate is the moment we should walk away, not the type of player you overpay for

I like Weidemen if we don't break the bank. I think 12 months up forward and a switch to defence could be the strategy. At the very least I would train him in both groups over the pre-season. He seems to move ok, good height and agility, allows Comben to develop without the pressure. Seems to be a good CHB option with the way he moves and that is the position we need covered with McKay/Corr being the more full back style players.
Agree he seems to move well and if we pick him up to develop him long term as a CHB and play him CHF in the short term when needed.

Any news on Dumont?
Can't see Port wanting him if they get Dawson and Adelaide won't want him if it screws their FA compensation for kelly.
I assumed it would be a lower value move for Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Dumont?
Can't see Port wanting him if they get Dawson and Adelaide won't want him if it screws their FA compensation for kelly.

Did you watch them? They need midfielders badly, at least two to upgrade their midfield. Dawson is obviously a great get but Dumont may actually have his value increase after that. They need playrs willing torun both ways.

Did you watch them? They need midfielders badly, at least two to upgrade their midfield. Dawson is obviously a great get but Dumont may actually have his value increase after that. They need playrs willing torun both ways.
I don't think he's what they need. He's slow, and they got torched on the outside and on the spread.

They had Powell Pepper and elected not to start him, and I'd take him over Dumont.

Do what now?

Was referring to recent Geelong departees who have done ok elsewhere?
Oh right of course I missed that I thought you were talking about “second chance players “ I’ll * off now

Never!

We can never have too many double entendre generating posters on here.
To be fair I’ve got no where else to go, I’ve been here waaaaaay to long

To be fair I’ve got no where else to go, I’ve been here waaaaaay to long

There are posters on here born after we started posting..

If you'd asked me when I started how long I'd waste on here I'd have thought time would be up after an arbitrary 3 or 4 years.

(in terms of quality, obviously I peaked inside 3 or 4 posts)

That it has ticked into 20 years... all the things I could've done instead with all those wasted hours:

Learned a language
Learned a musical instrument
Earned a qualification, degree, multiple dan black belt or certificate
Volunteered for a charity
Exercised
Meditated
Worked an extra job

Instead I used all that time to debate how some blokes I don't know should conduct themselves during a weekly playtime session on a patch of grass.

There are posters on here born after we started posting..

If you'd asked me when I started how long I'd waste on here I'd have thought time would be up after an arbitrary 3 or 4 years.

(in terms of quality, obviously I peaked inside 3 or 4 posts)

That it has ticked into 20 years... all the things I could've done instead with all those wasted hours:

Learned a language
Learned a musical instrument
Earned a qualification, degree, multiple dan black belt or certificate
Volunteered for a charity
Exercised
Meditated
Worked an extra job

Instead I used all that time to debate how some blokes I don't know should conduct themselves during a weekly playtime session on a patch of grass.

the absurdity of following professional sport.

Oh this is way to close to the bone, at least you got power out of it 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back