Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Cam learned a valuable lesson in dog ownership.......I know he moved house recently, and if he was silly enough to let his dog walk off-leash in an unfamiliar area, at the age it is, well of course it is going to bolt.

I recall Wayne Carey had a similar issue with a lost dog on the eve of us pantsing Hawthorn rd 2, 1994. If I recall correctly, he may have even missed a training session that week and had even mentioned not playing if he couldnt find it. Anyway, Oscar was found in the hours leading up to the game and Carey went on and put on one of his most special performances.

I think Cam learned a valuable lesson in dog ownership.......I know he moved house recently, and if he was silly enough to let his dog walk off-leash in an unfamiliar area, at the age it is, well of course it is going to bolt.

I recall Wayne Carey had a similar issue with a lost dog on the eve of us pantsing Hawthorn rd 2, 1994. If I recall correctly, he may have even missed a training session that week and had even mentioned not playing if he couldnt find it. Anyway, Oscar was found in the hours leading up to the game and Carey went on and put on one of his most special performances.

Is that a true story?

Hugeeeeee

I can relate to this - when my Mrs gets be to bring home a load of mulch from Bunnings and I stack the bags onto one of those trolleys - wheeling the bugger through the plant section, over hoses, around old ladies trying to pick out the least weedy shrubs and then through the car park...

Now that dog is back, time for Cameron to sign a nice 2-3 year contract extension.

That would be nice. However, I have this ongoing niggle in my mind that he will end up back in Perth. Gee I hope I’m wrong, but I just wonder if Covid and being so far from family, amplifies the ‘go home’ factor for some. It would not surprise me, although unlikely, if his name bobs up in trade discussions in a few weeks time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That would be nice. However, I have this ongoing niggle in my mind that he will end up back in Perth. Gee I hope I’m wrong, but I just wonder if Covid and being so far from family, amplifies the ‘go home’ factor for some. It would not surprise me, although unlikely, if his name bobs up in trade discussions in a few weeks time.

He seems to like Melbourne.

I can relate to this - when my Mrs gets be to bring home a load of mulch from Bunnings and I stack the bags onto one of those trolleys - wheeling the bugger through the plant section, over hoses, around old ladies trying to pick out the least weedy shrubs and then through the car park...
yeah, I see the analogy there; I'm guessing you and Cam both have the same problem doing it all while holding the sausage sanger and not dripping too much sauce

Doesn't getting a dog mean you stay with one club for life? Perth clubs could offer him a mil a year and he'd still stay with North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those trolleys have atrocious mobility

I've never seen a trolley that hasn't got a wheel unwilling to spin due to the fact there are pieces of veggies stuck inside or its just ****ed from wear.

Then there are the ones that have brakes permanently stuck on because * knows why.

He just strides over like he's going to pick up his morning paper in the driveway.. then produces that.

Get ****ed.
Literally😭

defenders better watch out because they will get a knee to the head

He's a great example of what David Noble was referring to as "nourishment" arising from some wins. It means that they know they are good enough and they understand that it takes hard work to go to the next step.

Compare the personal trainer outcomes of the past few weeks to the partying with Souva and the Instagram influencer girlfriend following last (2020) season. The change in attitude is chalk and cheese.

He's a great example of what David Noble was referring to as "nourishment" arising from some wins. It means that they know they are good enough and they understand that it takes hard work to go to the next step.

Compare the personal trainer outcomes of the past few weeks to the partying with Souva and the Instagram influencer girlfriend following last (2020) season. The change in attitude is chalk and cheese.

Everything in moderation I'm sure he'll find a balance over the next few years between decompressing from a season and maximising his potential.

Goldie looks like a very good example of someone who balances his football with his personal life and understands how to get the best out of himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back