List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
SPS - worth a look?

(Seriously - I thought he showed a bit early days but haven't seen much of Carlton games in the last year or 3. I also thought he was about 26 and too old to be of interest, but he's actually only 23.)

Surely there's a big chance that SPS gets bundled up with pick 6 to trade for Cerra.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What would you offer
It'd have to be a marley williams type trade. Not sure where SPS's best position is. Gives me Ahern type laconic vibes and struggles to find the ball.

He's a great user. I'd be tempted to do what richmond did with motlop and move him back in an effort to get the ball into his hands more. However, I'm not sure what his defensive side is like.

SPS - worth a look?

(Seriously - I thought he showed a bit early days but haven't seen much of Carlton games in the last year or 3. I also thought he was about 26 and too old to be of interest, but he's actually only 23.)
No thanks. Soft, is pretty weak one-on-one and has low intensity.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did you watch them? They need midfielders badly, at least two to upgrade their midfield. Dawson is obviously a great get but Dumont may actually have his value increase after that. They need playrs willing torun both ways.
Totally agree. And if they get Dawson he's probably going to cost their 1st pick (16), with their next pick being at 60. They do have Burgoyne as a F/S pick I think, but they don't have much else to use to improve for next year (assuming they aren't making a call to rebuild yet). Bringing in a two-way running midfielder for free is a good fit for them I think.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It'd have to be a marley williams type trade. Not sure where SPS's best position is. Gives me Ahern type laconic vibes and struggles to find the ball.

He's a great user. I'd be tempted to do what richmond did with motlop and move him back in an effort to get the ball into his hands more. However, I'm not sure what his defensive side is like.

That’s my read, sure for a Marley deal, we can punt on that. Put it to him and try to drive him to lose the “soft” traits. If he doesn’t pull up then seeya

hoffseason gains

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne

SPS has already been tried in that sort of half back role i think in either 2019 or 2020 (or both), was decent enough without ever being great, which was fine at the time because he was seen as young, but obviously wasn’t rated internally very highly in that position because they went out and got Saad. Don’t think he’s ever gotten a fair go at any position at one time but could be decent in that role again or as a small forward or winger maybe. I’m really not sure about him defensively but like his class. Realistically though I think he’s a type we’d only look at if he was delisted.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
There are posters on here born after we started posting..

If you'd asked me when I started how long I'd waste on here I'd have thought time would be up after an arbitrary 3 or 4 years.

(in terms of quality, obviously I peaked inside 3 or 4 posts)

That it has ticked into 20 years... all the things I could've done instead with all those wasted hours:

Learned a language
Learned a musical instrument
Earned a qualification, degree, multiple dan black belt or certificate
Volunteered for a charity
Exercised
Meditated
Worked an extra job

Instead I used all that time to debate how some blokes I don't know should conduct themselves during a weekly playtime session on a patch of grass.

Now you make us sound pathetic😧

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What would you offer
No idea as I haven't seen much of him the last few years, but KTs post below sounds about right.

Surely there's a big chance that SPS gets bundled up with pick 6 to trade for Cerra.
Can't remember the specifics, but I think I read that is unlikely as Freo don't want him.
OK, thanks. Pass. /End SPS discussion. :)

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are posters on here born after we started posting..

If you'd asked me when I started how long I'd waste on here I'd have thought time would be up after an arbitrary 3 or 4 years.

(in terms of quality, obviously I peaked inside 3 or 4 posts)

That it has ticked into 20 years... all the things I could've done instead with all those wasted hours:

Learned a language
Learned a musical instrument
Earned a qualification, degree, multiple dan black belt or certificate
Volunteered for a charity
Exercised
Meditated
Worked an extra job

Instead I used all that time to debate how some blokes I don't know should conduct themselves during a weekly playtime session on a patch of grass.
KC that's not really saying much; I mean, specifically, which musical instrument? The organ? The trombone?

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
SPS has already been tried in that sort of half back role i think in either 2019 or 2020 (or both), was decent enough without ever being great, which was fine at the time because he was seen as young, but obviously wasn’t rated internally very highly in that position because they went out and got Saad. Don’t think he’s ever gotten a fair go at any position at one time but could be decent in that role again or as a small forward or winger maybe. I’m really not sure about him defensively but like his class. Realistically though I think he’s a type we’d only look at if he was delisted.
I thought as much.

Yeah I'm not sure we can handle another type that promises a great deal but can't get it enough times to do any real damage.

Who knows...a change of scenary and a rocket might do the job but i just don't see it unfortunately. Which is a shame because we are crying out for a small forward and a cheap one would be great.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
KC that's not really saying much; I mean, specifically, which musical instrument? The organ? The trombone?

Vintage%2B%2BOne%2BMan%2BBands%2B(1).jpg

All of them.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last edited:
SPS - worth a look?

I'd say yes. Carlton is a wasteland.
Put him in training with Jy, Jed & TT - he would go to another level.

SPS has talent but we'd want him mighty cheap. Doubt they'd accept what I'd offer - pick #69 or equivalent round 4+ pick next year.
The softness is ingrained in him, unfortunately. Has a lot of talent, which makes it even more unfortunate.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
The softness is ingrained in him, unfortunately. Has a lot of talent, which makes it even more unfortunate.

He's at least got the base level of talent to consider the potential upside.

The only way I could see it happening is if Brady and Noble had a particular role in mind for him and sold him a vision.

And then Carlton let him go extremely cheaply rather than for nothing at all.

Not predicting any of this is the case but I can at least understand why you might kick the tyres on a player who looked a million bucks as a junior.

Then can't we walk him to the PSD and not bother trying to trade with Melb? Offer them a token 4th rounder or they can bugger off and we get him for nothing

Don't know how it works other than the fact that walking people to PSD if a dream too many people here need to let go of. Barring something drastic, it wont happen - never does unless critical breakdowns between player and club etc.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Powell-Pepper is terrible. People only think he's good because he was a great supercoach cash cow in his first year and they stop paying attention once they've culled him.
That's not why I think he's good, I don't do Supercoach, couldn't give a stuff about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back