List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoffseason gains

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Worth a shot? We can add another 2017 prospect to our list.

Also 197cm.

Talked to my Saints supporting mate about him, he was really disappointed due to their lack of key defenders and thought he was promising. I asked him if he could intercept well and he said he was pretty decent at it. I thought he was alright when I watched him against us but it was a small sample size. He went to school with LDU and Bonar and played TAC Cup with them so maybe a connection there possibly. Think he’d be a good get considering his age and our dire need for a young key defenders.

I think the order of forward target should go Chol, Riccardi, CCJ then Weideman

Riccardi would be prime psd candidate

Hayden McLean another option out of contract

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ned Cahill delisted by *.

Admittedly, I don't know much about him other than that he's a genuine small forward. Given our need in that position, is he potentially worth a rookie list spot? Only 20 years old.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll propose my approach for the back 6 TAO which doesn't involve trading away Pick 1...

2021 Trade/FA:
*Receive end of first round priority pick (#20. Pushes our 2nd pick out to #21)
*Goldstein to Bulldogs for Pick 18
*Package up Picks 18 and 21 for West Coast's Pick 10 (evenness of the draft and need to rebuild leaves them wanting multiple picks inside that range)
*Package up Pick 38 & 2022 Second Round Pick for Fremantle's Pick 27

2021 Draft:
*Pick 10 - Rachele
*Pick 20 - Wanganeen-Milera
*Pick 27 - Wilmot
*Pick 110 - Constable
*PSD Pick - Weideman
2022 Starting Back 6:
FB - Turner - McKay - Ziebell
HB - Hall - Tarrant - Corr

2022 Trade/FA:
*Land Darcy Moore in a huge coup for the club
2023 Draft:
2024 Starting Back 6:

FB - Corr (30) - McKay (26) - Wilmot (21)
HB - Perez (23) - Moore (28) - Wilmot/Wanganeen-Milera (21)

Rome wasn't built in a day my friend...

I'll propose my approach for the back 6 TAO which doesn't involve trading away Pick 1...

2021 Trade/FA:
*Receive end of first round priority pick (#20. Pushes our 2nd pick out to #21)
*Goldstein to Bulldogs for Pick 18
*Package up Picks 18 and 21 for West Coast's Pick 10 (evenness of the draft and need to rebuild leaves them wanting multiple picks inside that range)
*Package up Pick 38 & 2022 Second Round Pick for Fremantle's Pick 27

2021 Draft:
*Pick 10 - Rachele
*Pick 20 - Wanganeen-Milera
*Pick 27 - Wilmot
*Pick 110 - Constable
*PSD Pick - Weideman
2022 Starting Back 6:

2022 Trade/FA:
*Land Darcy Moore in a huge coup for the club
2023 Draft:
2024 Starting Back 6:

FB - Corr (30) - McKay (26) - Wilmot (21)
HB - Perez (23) - Moore (28) - Wilmot/Wanganeen-Milera (21)

Try a senario WITHOUT Goldstein leaving...This just wont happen. He wants to remain a 1 club player which is why he rejected Geelongs offer last year...

Ned Cahill delisted by *.

Admittedly, I don't know much about him other than that he's a genuine small forward. Given our need in that position, is he potentially worth a rookie list spot? Only 20 years old.
Very average. Slow and no real standout traits. Mosquito would be ideal, but he’s taken some time out of the game and I doubt we’ll see him again at afl level.

Very average. Slow and no real standout traits. Mosquito would be ideal, but he’s taken some time out of the game and I doubt we’ll see him again at afl level.
Yeah sad to see mozzie take time off, looked very promising.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
By gawd awful sh*re times do you mean covid lockdowns or Footscray vs Melbourne grandfinals? Both equally unpalatable.

Well some from column A and some from column B. I had to go get my haircut today at an underground barber shop, was kind of exciting I must admit.

A man's go to look his best for his dates coming up, luckily they all live within 5kms once I drive about 20kms. I actually don't mind the Dees and Dogs fighting it out, one of them has to lose. Just steer clear of the winners board is all.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
We know your opinion, I'll back Brady with his

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Which I imagine would be similar to mine. He’s a smart cookie Brady. He’s not going to pay prime rates for scraps.

Add a couple of potatoes for depth when you have the team. Don’t start your rebuild with them.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair enough with Comben. Given where we are at I suspect the focus is going to again be on development and long-term he is (hopefully) our guy. For me, Weid plays too similar to Larkey to play them both in a couple of years in a team wanting to play finals, so it doesn't make sense to play him in 2022 if Comben is fit, which brings me back to my point that I don't think he would be keen on leaving the Dees as depth to join us as depth.

As long as we don't overpay in terms of salary of draft capital I won't be too fussed, I just don't think he is going to be a great signing for us.

Weid plays much higher than larkey more of a chf... he was even playing wing or mid in some VFL games. he wouldn't be leaving the dees with the opinion of being depth. I'm sure he is confident enough to think he can push past a 20 yr one gamer... if he doesn't think he can then def don't need him. I'm really undecided.... he clearly has talent now is he just lazy or not getting the opportunities... he kicked a bucketload in VFL and then nothing in AFL when got opport.... teams put their best defender on him? Won't if at north

I heard that Kreuger dude from the Cats who made his debut v us is out of contract, i vaguely recall i have seen worse talls, only 2 games in 2 years, but we know how Chris Scott loves developing youngsters, any future as a KPP prospect elsewhere ?

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Weideman will depend on what happens with Luke Jackson.

If there is any inkling that he will want to head back to WA at some point, Melbourne should take the Cerra + first round pick that they can get now, while they are firmly in the window.

If Jackson leaves then Weideman stays at Melbourne.

Personally not sure they are related events.... he is ooc so can go wherever he wants, if people want him... if they don't then yes maybe he will stay as dees "say" they want him. He might be done with the dees mentally after not being picked this year and be looking for another opportunity irrelevant whether the path is cleared for him next year

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

2021 Trade/FA: Package up Pick 38 & 2022 Second Round Pick for Fremantle's Pick 27
2021 Draft: Pick 20 - Wilmot/Wanganeen-Milera, Pick 27 - Bhazzo/Van Rooyen, Rookie Pick - Matt Skinner
2022 Starting Back 6:

2023 Trade/FA: Trade First Round Pick for Charlie Ballard from Gold Coast
2023 Draft:
2024 Starting Back 6:

FB - Corr (30) - McKay (26) - Bhazzo/Van Rooyen (21)
HB - Perez (23) - Ballard (25) - Wilmot/Wanganeen-Milera (21)

To get The acurate one ‘s attention, you’d probably need to mention the back 9, rather than back 6.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whatever happens, the fact we have Edwards and Jason already is pretty awesome.

We then should be able to add one of these dudes:

Gibcus, Wilmott, Amiss, Rachelle, Sinn, Wanganeen or Andrew.

Viva Norte Melbourne

fu** Chol, if he were any good, do you really think they’d be letting him go?

And corr is like having a brand new player too

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To get The acurate one ‘s attention, you’d probably need to mention the back 9, rather than back 6.

ha well yes and not sure that's a compliment, truth be told I'm not really all over the drafting and mooted changes to the list.

My strengths are more geared around spotting a shitmen from a mile away. Which is polar opposite to Joyces who had a knack of uncovering turds amongst gold nuggets.

I was told by my mate that other clubs recruiters would tell Joyce player "x" has shot up the draft order and ******* bam Joyces would change our drafting wants and call his name ie Nielson. And the spuds from Queensland .

But I do enjoy peeps putting some thought into how they feel we could improve our lot. And well finishing 18th has the old silver lining and as Yazz once sang, " the only way is up".

Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
Confusing times.

I read an article recently about a player who was drafted, couldn't make it work at that club, got delisted and then went on to have a solid / very good career at another club.

Big Footy lore, as I read it, states players are spuds if they don't average 20+ possessions or 2+ goals a week in their first 15 games of AFL.

There isn't a potential trade or free agency target that some clown with a keyboard and 5 free minutes doesn't rate.

I want to believe everything I read on the internet, but at the same time so many of you have been so wrong so often.

What should I do?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Confusing times.

I read an article recently about a player who was drafted, couldn't make it work at that club, got delisted and then went on to have a solid / very good career at another club.

Big Footy lore, as I read it, states players are spuds if they don't average 20+ possessions or 2+ goals a week in their first 15 games of AFL.

There isn't a potential trade or free agency target that some clown with a keyboard and 5 free minutes doesn't rate.

I want to believe everything I read on the internet, but at the same time so many of you have been so wrong so often.

What should I do?

Make up ya own rumors and sheesh a tad harsh on the 20 + 2 , we'd want to make him Captain lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back