Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon lose finals... Blame the list manager
Geelong/Port/Lions lose finals... Blame the coach

When would you say is the last time an Essendon coach has had as strong a playing group for a coach to work with as those three clubs have now?

Mosquito being delisted is disappointing.
I remember how excited Dodoro was when he snatched him from the Hawks grasp on draft night.

Absolutely, but a speculative kid with an exciting future already partly in an AFL system selected with a pick later in the draft isn’t the worst in the world.

It could be worse, a wasted first round pick on a guy who couldn’t even play 100 AFL games for his club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, but a speculative kid with an exciting future already partly in an AFL system selected with a pick later in the draft isn’t the worst in the world.

It could be worse, a wasted first round pick on a guy who couldn’t even play 100 AFL games for his club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume you are referring to Francis? I still hold out hope, but Dodoro didn’t share nearly the same level of excitement for him as he did Irving, which I hadn’t seen from him in a long, long time.

I have heard he has convinced Chol to come to the club. Think he will be a handy recruit as that second ruck, floating forward role. Unfortunately our structure didn’t allow for him to play that specific role. Think he will be good for you guys.

Dodoro did not draft the players Ess recruited last yr.

Dodoro tried desperately to retain the players that left and stop said draft picks coming in to the club. And in fact in refusing to trade Sleepy Joe to Syd the yr before cost Ess draft picks.

Dodoro tried desperately to spend Ess' draft picks on Dunkley.

Ess drafting and rebuilding last yr was clearly done against Adrian's wishes with him kicking and screaming trying to prevent it and even sabotaging it.

Yet somehow Ess 'success' this season was helped along by Adrian according to some.

No - Essendon's success* was despite Adrian Dodoro's best efforts to ruin it.

Adrian must continue on at Ess. He has contributed to Ess redefining 'success'

*Success for Ess these days is scraping into an elimination final and getting flogged.

Get a grip son.

Can’t really plan for an ACL, when Mosquito played last year he looked like he was up to the level as a small forward.

Or for it to happen during a global pandemic where he would have none of his family around as a support structure. Compounded by the fact he is from a remote community in Halls Creek, which made any temporary time away during rehab even harder.

I was at that game.

There was a guy wandering around selling hotdogs out of one of those esky type things (I call them cheskys because they hang off your shoulders). Reasonably pleasant bloke, just yelling 'hot doooogs, hot doooogs', trying to drum up some business. Reasonably big bloke as good hot dog vendors usually are.

Anyway it was at a particularly tense moment in the third quarter when he started moving up the aisle to give a young fella who would have been 5 years old at most a couple of hot dogs and a squirt of sauce. He made the mistake of standing in front of Jackets while he completed the transaction.

What started off with some snide remarks and a quiet 'do you know who I am?' quickly escalated and a visibly angry Dodoro was now wrestling with the man. Buns were flying, the kid was crying and his mum just pulled him out of the way before the main show started. Dodoro flew over the seats, grabbed the sauce bottle and was just spraying it all over the bloke while slapping his face with luke warm meat noodles of unknown origin and sticking stale buns in his open gob.

Security arrived after the scuffle had ended and asked the crowd what had happened but nobody was willing to dob mad Dodo in for fear of retribution. The hot dog vendor looked like an extra from the Texas Chainsaw massacre while Dodo had simply peeled off one of his four jackets and was looking like he'd just stepped out of a salon. So the poor hot dog vendor gets kicked out and Dodo just sits their looking smug like he's just fleeced Carlton for a high first round pick.

Turns out the kid's name was Tom. He desperately wanted that warm bag of pureed pig's anus and carries a grudge to this day.

pureed pig's anus …a brilliant narrative 👌

It's a funny thing all the stuff ups are never Adrian's fault.

If you are cut out on big List decisions why stay?

If the club has such little faith in Adrian's decisions why keep him?

It doesn't add up.

He's staying because the guy who overruled him got sack and is now in charge of the umpires.

I'm pretty sure you know who that is.

2012-17 we had a great list. I don't think you can pin the biggest fu**-up in AFL history on Adrian

It was a good list, not a great list and wasn’t as strong as the current Lions, Power or Geelong lists I referenced.

You can’t pin the taking of P.E.D’s on Adrian, but it can’t also fully excuse the mediocre outcomes throughout his time in the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a good list, not a great list and wasn’t as strong as the current Lions, Power or Geelong lists I referenced.

You can’t pin the taking of P.E.D’s on Adrian, but it can’t also fully excuse the mediocre outcomes throughout his time in the role.
Im no rocket science but it's a pretty damn good excuse for the past decade of mediocrity with the biggest cheating scandal in the history of Australian sport hanging over the heads of one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Love watching the Dodo at work every trade period making every trade overly difficult and holding up other trades - providing he's not dealing with the Crows!

Showed Carlton were stupid last year, pick 8 for the non defending Saad, he'd still be laughing about that

Im no rocket science but it's a pretty damn good excuse for the past decade of mediocrity with the biggest cheating scandal in the history of Australian sport hanging over the heads of one of the biggest clubs in the country.

So if we excuse the performances of the list manager for the last decade because of the scandal that broke 8 years ago, when is the point that his performances can be judged again?

A pick later in the draft? He was a second round pick.

That he hasn't made it, whilst disappointing, certainly isn't the end of the world for the Dons, but that's some fine mental gymnastics going on right there.

So if we excuse the performances of the list manager for the last decade because of the scandal that broke 8 years ago, when is the point that his performances can be judged again?
I think the next 5 years should be better than our last 15, and even if it is a good 5 years, Dodoro won't get any credit our coaches will.

That he hasn't made it, whilst disappointing, certainly isn't the end of the world for the Dons, but that's some fine mental gymnastics going on right there.

Picking him wasn't a mistake though, He proved it in his couple of games, he was electric, everyone should be sad he lost passion for the game not just Essendon supporters, I hope he's in a better spot to have another crack in a couple of years.

Picking him wasn't a mistake though, He proved it in his couple of games, he was electric, everyone should be sad he lost passion for the game not just Essendon supporters, I hope he's in a better spot to have another crack in a couple of years.

No I agree with you. I hate it when talent like that is lost to the game. Unfortunately it's not the first time though and won't be the last.

I was more responding to the comment that he was recruited with a late pick, which is clearly not the case.

Since when is pick 38 not considered a late pick?

Most years I’d say getting any quality AFL player after around pick 30 is a massive win.

Since when is pick 38 not considered a late pick?

Most years I’d say getting any quality AFL player after around pick 30 is a massive win.

I may be on my own but I've never considered a 2nd round pick a late pick. I'd say mid-range, but it's semantics.

I may be on my own but I've never considered a 2nd round pick a late pick. I'd say mid-range, but it's semantics.

Fair enough. Pick 38 is traditionally a 3rd round pick as well but we aren’t too far apart with me thinking pick ~30 is the cut off and thinking ~pick 40 is the cut off for where teams should be hitting selections.

My view aligns pretty well with what Essendon seem to think though. Taking Mosquito who always had big bust potential and trading our 2020 second rounder to move from pick from pick 35 to pick 30 in the 2019 draft indicates Essendon doesn’t place high value on picks after 30.

Who knows if they’re right though other clubs may think differently and it would vary from year to year as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back