Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyle Shelton has been disendorsed Fred Nile, imagine how much of a incompetent campaigner you'd have to be for that to happen? Thoughts, raskolnikov?

The campaigner invited me to have a coffee with him recently I declined as I'm pretty sure I would have ended up pouring the coffee over him.

The connection between orchids and humans?

There's those poor comprehension skills of yours at the fore again. I reply to your post where you mention the FSM and this thread and so most of those with reasonably good comprehension skills would say my reply would be talking about FSM and Christianity. Not you though.

While you're in lockdown try this.

2255214.jpg

No I don’t and neither does science; .

Orchids and humans? 18% of the same genome sequencing of DNA. Science recognises that connection very well. Even though that wasn't the connection I was referring to. See above.

you are all on your own on that pal.

Unfortunately for you I'm not.

Last edited:
There's those poor comprehension skills of yours at the fore again. I reply to your post where you mention the FSM and this thread and so most of those with reasonably good comprehension skills would say my reply would be talking about FSM and Christianity. Not you though.

While you're in lockdown try this.

View attachment 1232757

Orchids and humans? 18% of the same gemome sequencing of DNA. Science recognises that connection very well. Even though that wasn't the connection I was referring to. See above.

Unfortunately for you I'm not.

I came on here to do my footy tipping. I’m going for the dogs tonight. You must of been waiting online all day.

We clearly disagree.

All bow to His Noodliness. His Word may be found here. This Word is all the proof you need of the divinity of the FSM and that the invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe.

41sjzA4AA6L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And remember.....

The-Flying-Spaghetti-Monster-Boiled-for-your-Sins.jpg
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😭😭😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤩😭🤬😋😋😋

now baby😎that right there👆That’s funny 😂

No, just no. Unlike Christians, atheists make no claim to moral superiority.

Doesn't mean we can't point out the egregious hypocrisy of so many Christians down through the ages.
So, are atheists a homogeneous group, or not? No atheist ever, even in this thread, has made claim to moral superiority? Christianity was the sole reason for these ‘religious’ wars? Is the world only black and white when discussing the morality of Christianity?

So, are atheists a homogeneous group, or not? No atheist ever, even in this thread, has made claim to moral superiority? Christianity was the sole reason for these ‘religious’ wars? Is the world only black and white when discussing the morality of Christianity?
Good questions.

"So, are atheists a homogeneous group, or not?"

No, we are not. And we are certainly not a "religion" as some Christians like to lazily portray us. The only thing that we have in common is our consensus that there is no god. (Or if there is, by definition it is impossible that mere humans could have any sort of relationship with it).

"No atheist ever, even in this thread, has made claim to moral superiority?"

Quite likely some have. As I said, we are a diverse bunch. But it is not a central tenet of our philosophy in the way in which it is for Christianity and many other religions. Honestly, you guys should see yourselves.

"Christianity was the sole reason for these ‘religious’ wars?"

You'd need a professional historian to answer that question, which I cheerfully admit I'm not, and plus there have been dozens of such wars.

But to give one example - the ancient historical conflict in Northern Ireland - yes, that is definitely a case of two groups of Christians both insisting theirs is the only true Christianity ,and being willing to kill for the cause.

"Is the world only black and white when discussing the morality of Christianity?"

Personally, I feel the critics of Christianity have offered a great deal of nuance and diversity on these pages.

Last edited:
I get that your experience with Christianity might have been constricting, but mainstream is moving more towards small c catholic, as in universal spirituality.

You guys tend to target the faults in the literal interpretation in the Bible, but the obsession with the centuries old details is just a distraction.

It's this moderate, all encompassing, open church that is more interesting, as by being open to other religions and identifying the commonalities that the church it is absorbing them within itself.
Good one Barney.

I was convinced of my church of flying spaghetti monster upon my first visit to Korea. And now you entice me to make a ramen at home while watching Geelong getting smashed lol.
And then 24 hours later, what Karma.
What's your washup on our losses?
We had a good excuse- too old, too slow, not good enough, finished.
What about your boys? I was convinced they would go that step or 2 further this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t stop immense bloodshed through history between Catholics and Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox, did it?

All Christians, apparently, and all willing to slaughter other Christians for not being their version of Christian.

Koch loves Ken. We are stuck with him unfortunately. We will be around the mark next year again, only to choke.

Fun!
You will be there again. Great list. Good age profile.
Doggies and Demons, Lions and Port.
There's your top echelon.But I suspect Tigers with Dusty back may be up there again too.

You will be there again. Great list. Good age profile.
Doggies and Demons, Lions and Port.
There's your top echelon.But I suspect Tigers with Dusty back may be up there again too.

We are unable to cope with pressure, it starts with the coach. We had 4 home finals in a row that we have lost, this is not a coincidence. We never seem to perform when the heat is on.

2001-2003 again. It's not about the list, give me Clayton Oliver and nothing will change i can guarantee you.

Does anyone see Mary in this pic, and how do you know she's still a virgin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back